PDA

View Full Version : DJ Rok

scienceofuse
02-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Anyone into this man's music? "Cycle sluts" is a classic, one of my favourite techno tunes, his remixes almost never dissapoint and he's definetly one of the oldest producers / DJs around(I think he's something over fifty - and still doin' it :clap: ) . I saw him play a few years ago and he was great, hard synthy German techno... A shame the club was half-empty 'cos the Space DJz were playing the same night at a different venue and all the usual suspects went for the predictable instead of giving this legend a chance...
:dontevengothere:

Anyways, any opinions, fave tracks?

Sunil
02-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Anyone into this man's music? "Cycle sluts" is a classic, one of my favourite techno tunes, his remixes almost never dissapoint and he's definetly one of the oldest producers / DJs around(I think he's something over fifty - and still doin' it :clap: ) . I saw him play a few years ago and he was great, hard synthy German techno... A shame the club was half-empty 'cos the Space DJz were playing the same night at a different venue and all the usual suspects went for the predictable instead of giving this legend a chance...
:dontevengothere:

Anyways, any opinions, fave tracks?

He did a few good ones with Hell (i think) that I liked. Met him in Berlin once after he was playing in Tresor, very good DJ especially for an early morning kind of set.

scienceofuse
04-09-2004, 12:20 PM
Another great track of his is "Sharks!", featured on the same EP that "Cycle sluts" is on... As for his remixes, I kinda liked his remix of Ascii Disko's "Jack your body to the beat"...

Does no one else like DJ Rok? :cry: Or am I just not hip enough 4 you guys :lol: :?:

278d7e64a374de26f==