PDA

View Full Version : [Manchester]-Locked- Pacou, Angela Flame and System 23

Martin Dust
02-09-2004, 05:45 PM
This month sees the return of Berlin based Pacou who will be performing his new Project 'Autofokus' with his partner in crime Angela Flame.
The Autofokus project will combine the experience of a DJ and music producer from one of the world's hot spots of dance music, Berlin, with one of Asia's most prominent female DJ talents, from Singapore. In Autofokus, the cultural and musical heritage of Asia is fused with experimental electronic sounds, creating a genre of advanced, cross-cultural fusion music.
Basically its Shit Hot, Ive heard it!

Along with that we have a special live act brought to you by System 23 from Dust Science Recordings -
System 23 takes industrial's heritage of electronic inspiration and squashes it
into techno's blueprint. Influenced by like-minded industrial inheritors
Surgeon/Regis, and adding an overlay of Funk da Void and Beyer, they use hard
beats and savage filters to make music that is dumb, yet smart.
.................................................. ............................................

http://www.locked.org.uk/images/flyers/images/septemberFront.jpg
http://www.locked.org.uk/images/flyers/images/septemberBack.jpg

Frank Dogshit
02-09-2004, 06:59 PM
lookin like a belter this one.

pacou was awesome when he was last on at the attic.Proper hard intelligent techno.Woz class.

fitipaldi
03-09-2004, 01:14 PM
aye, twoz

subsonic
03-09-2004, 01:21 PM
well im there ;)

Martin Dust
03-09-2004, 04:59 PM
See you down the front then - please do say hello...

Martin Dust
11-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Just finished a 8hr pratice session on a 10K rig for this gig - absolutely ****ed - we are indeed going to mash your heads...

16-09-2004, 12:36 PM
Looking forward to hearing your new stuff Martin, cant wait!!

Martin Dust
18-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Looking forward to playing Jay, I think we are going to shoot some footage for a video we are working on for the single - really enjoying making video art again so we may just bring a few cameras as well.

Check out the one we did for Carl:
http://www.dustscience.com/Releases/CarlTaylor-Simplex.php

Halfway down the page.

See you next Saturday fella - we'll be bringing the bass...

Martin

20-09-2004, 02:53 PM
Just checked that out Martin, its shit hot mate! You boys dont do things by half do you. Its defo got your style written all over it!

Martin Dust
20-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Cheers Jay, working on an S23 and Black Dog one at the moment. And yeah there's no point doing anything by half in my book - we are here to go...See you Saturday and mail me your mobile in case we get lost in darkest Manc ;)

21-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Due to a date clash with Voodoo, there will be no Locked in October, so make the most of this one! We will return in early November!

22-09-2004, 03:38 PM
The night is 10-4. There is a printing error on the flyer!

ds2
23-09-2004, 10:23 AM
wahoo! we got a lift sorted out for this one.
may bring stella boy too if his other half will let him out for the night although saying that i haven't asked/told my other half yet...

Stella Boy
23-09-2004, 08:06 PM
wahoo! we got a lift sorted out for this one.
may bring stella boy too if his other half will let him out for the night although saying that i haven't asked/told my other half yet...

Darkside - I'm sure he'll let you come out as he told me he was playing bingo that night so all's good.

kittykorrupt
23-09-2004, 11:40 PM
this is my first locked cant wait :-)

ds2
24-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Darkside - I'm sure she'll let you come out as he told me she was playing bingo that night so all's good.

don't go starting rumours like that, especially round here with all the botty obsessives. i'll be getting pm'd every 30 seconds... :dontevengothere:

Stella Boy
25-09-2004, 07:08 AM
:lol:

Tiptoe
25-09-2004, 10:24 AM
buzzijn will be there with mr darkside and stella boy too. can't wait

Martin Dust
25-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Well it's 11.32am - everything in the studio is set and we have just one more run through before we head out over the moors - we really can't wait for this. Please come up and say hello.

Bring you best dancing legs and make sure your mind is in it's box:twisted:

Martin/Richard Dust
System 23 - Over and Out///

Stella Boy
25-09-2004, 04:02 PM
buzzijn will be there with mr darkside and stella boy too. can't wait

I'm not going.

Stella Boy
25-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Wish I was going now, just heard some of Angela Flame's stuff and it's sh*t hot. http://www.angelaflame.net/

Traxx
25-09-2004, 05:48 PM
when is it on?

thought it was on last night :eh:

Stella Boy
25-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Wish it was last night, I'd have been able to go. Saturday night TV and a chinese for me :roll:

Traxx
25-09-2004, 11:13 PM
ahhh!! so its on tonight then :lol:

Martin Dust
27-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Big thanks to Locked and the crew - great gig, still buzzing - we'll be back...

28-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Another night of quality underground music.

System 23 got off to a bad start with the failure of one of there laptops. I think it was a hard drive problem which was a mighty shame but fully redeemed thereselves by unleashing some of the sickest beats Locked has been supplied with. Dark,hard, proper techno just how we like it.
I think the highlight from S23's set for most people was the track 'One More line' which unfortunately i did not get to hear but there was much talk about it back at the after parties!
Watch out for these guys they are gonna do some damage!
Next up was Pacou and Angela Flame. Angela started off there set with some really dark material, she being the first female dj to grace the decks at locked and what a pleasure it was, pictures on the site soon!. Pacou, one of my favourite producers, never fails to get me moving- this guy is massively underated- check him out asap if poss!

Watch out for the Epoch Worx release party next up at Locked, with Frankfurts Sven Wittekind!

fitipaldi
28-09-2004, 11:11 AM
the highlight from S23's set for most people was the track 'One More line'

That track was amazing, is it going to be available soon?

Martin Dust
28-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Cheers for the props, we can't wait to come back - One More Line is on our first 12" - which goes off for mastering on Friday...

We'll keep you posted on it's release but it's already getting some major support - chuffed to bits :lol:

Martin

Frank Dogshit
28-09-2004, 12:12 PM
yeah that track is the serious bollocks.

didnt realise it was by you lads. brilliant work....

Martin Dust
28-09-2004, 12:40 PM
We dropped 6 of our own tracks, with a couple of S23 edits into the mix.

Just working on the Video for One More Line - footage taken from Locked, The Journey over - spliced in with industrial footage - I'll post a link as soon as we are done...

Martin

fitipaldi
29-09-2004, 12:15 PM
good lads! looking forward to gettin my hands on this

Martin Dust
01-10-2004, 09:31 PM
So are we, the 12" edit is 9 minutes of techno pleasure - still buzzing from the feedback - had 42 request for promo's without even mailing out or mentioning anything anywhere....

Stella Boy
01-10-2004, 09:41 PM
So are we, the 12" edit is 9 minutes of techno pleasure - still buzzing from the feedback - had 42 request for promo's without even mailing out or mentioning anything anywhere....

For foxsake, why didn;t I go last week :doh: . When's it due out martin ?

Tiptoe
01-10-2004, 09:44 PM

martin you know your mate tiptoe's name is down on ya promo list ;) :lol:

Frank Dogshit
01-10-2004, 09:55 PM
seriously tho,that 'on the line' track kicks some serious arse.stands out a mile.

proper evil intelligent techno.love it.

best o luck with this one chaps.

Martin Dust
01-10-2004, 11:11 PM
You're making me blush ;)

All being well it should be in the shops on Nov 23rd - Track Listing is:

1. Intro S23
2. One More Line
3. Exit
4. S1 One Scum Haters
5. I Don't Know Who I Love More, Cubase or You.

Samples and the video will be up ASAP. Just got booked for an illegal in Sheffield...absolutely buzzing...and then off to Barcelona...

If you want to hear it before then, bug Paul at Darkside to put us on :lol:

Stella Boy
01-10-2004, 11:17 PM
If you want to hear it before then, bug Paul at Darkside to put us on :lol:

We're booked for the rest of the year martin but will definately have you in mind for next year. I think December'e event might just be your bag aswell. ;)

Martin Dust
01-10-2004, 11:25 PM
We really want to play in Leeds, so we are trying every trick in the book Paul :twisted: - we love the crowd at the end of the M1 and we so love the 1.5hr journey back on the 6.24am train :lol: We are making a Voodoo dolly now...

Who've you got in December then?

Stella Boy
02-10-2004, 12:21 AM
We really want to play in Leeds, so we are trying every trick in the book Paul :twisted: - we love the crowd at the end of the M1 and we so love the 1.5hr journey back on the 6.24am train :lol: We are making a Voodoo dolly now...

Who've you got in December then?

:lol:

I'm meeting up with paul this weekend and we'll be going through a few ideas for next years events. December's event features dan bell & a very special live appearance by........ :cool:

Cannot wait for that night.

Martin Dust
02-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Dan Bell, nice one - will be over for that one. Never heard of .... mind :)

278d7e64a374de26f==