PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo Oct 30th news!

Bugger
05-09-2004, 09:12 PM
Although all cannot be revealed just yet we can confirm Voodoo will be joining forces with another major UK techno club to bring a special Halloween party to the shores of Liverpool on Sat Oct 30th 2004.

Making his North-West DJing debut on the night will be French techno label Goodlife's head honcho The Hacker. The Hacker is a highly respected DJ across the world as well as a much repspected producer, having released on such labels as Gigolo, Missile, Rotation, Novamute and PIAS. He's gonna rock it! SERIOUSLY!

Also we are VERY, VERY excited to announce an exclusive live performance from techno pioneer Speedy J. Anyone who knows their techno will know he has produced some of the most memorable, exciting house/techno tracks of the last ten years, the list is endless. It's a rare UK appearance so make sure not too miss it.

Also playing will be trusty residents Steve Shiels, Brendan Long (Bugged Out!) and Revo (Evol). More very special guests will be confirmed within the next few days, so keep watching!

Voodoo out!

Stella Boy
05-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Consider me there.............with bells on.

oldbugger
05-09-2004, 09:41 PM
speedy j....tremondoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooos ;)

Frank Dogshit
05-09-2004, 11:43 PM
thats gonna be one KILLER night!!!!!

Speedy J will blow the shit out of liverpool!!! :clap:

Tiptoe
05-09-2004, 11:44 PM

how are we getting there ;)

Frank Dogshit
05-09-2004, 11:46 PM
them front railings are gonna get dragged off when he drops kreck live!! :lol: :lol:

Bugger
06-09-2004, 01:06 AM
Tanga all the way baby!

waaa waaaa waaa waaaa waaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

neko
06-09-2004, 08:23 AM
nice :cool:

can't wait for voodoo to re-open. :dance:

subsonic
06-09-2004, 09:31 AM
looks very intresting i do think ill be on the way to pool for this ;)

DJ Weiss
06-09-2004, 06:53 PM
i knew there was a good reason for my mrs moving to that neck of the woods... and now i know..

i'm there :clap:

Tony
06-09-2004, 06:59 PM
speedy j doing techno, damn damn damn, gonna have to book him and see how much it costs for him NOT to do techno, but do older stuff instead. :cry:

Stella Boy
06-09-2004, 08:49 PM

Hire a mini bus, get a few of us over there, should be a treat.

Tiptoe
06-09-2004, 08:59 PM

yeah shouldn't be too much. i can get a few. irish says to make sure your lass comes lol :lol:

Stella Boy
06-09-2004, 09:08 PM

yeah shouldn't be too much. i can get a few. irish says to make sure your lass comes lol :lol:

hahaha. I'll ask her for him. She's coming down on Friday though so tell him to put on his Brut and shave his whisker on his chin :lol:

Frank Dogshit
06-09-2004, 09:12 PM
oh aye,get yourselves down to the pool chaps. should be a reet good rave up! :lol:

Tiptoe
06-09-2004, 09:16 PM
ha ha i will tell him to put his shoes on and a smart shirt for her. nell mcandrew ;) :lol:

Traxx
06-09-2004, 11:26 PM
speedy j doing techno, damn damn damn, gonna have to book him and see how much it costs for him NOT to do techno, but do older stuff instead. :cry:

like?

djfurness
06-09-2004, 11:51 PM
im there already...
quite possibly the best weekend liverpool has ever seen....
the night before im warming up for Adam F & Futurebound @ nation (the cream)
messy weekend or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greasyfastspeed
07-09-2004, 12:42 AM
this is the best news :shock: :twisted:

Tony
07-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Although all cannot be revealed just yet we can confirm Voodoo will be joining forces with another major UK techno club

ahem, ATOMIC JAM, whoops did i just say that?!?!?!

traxx: i want him to play patterns, public energy, iee mitten menu, 3form, ni go snix, and that edge of stuff. so far far far superior in production terms. the techno slams it, but his old stuff had majestic grace and unbeleivable rhythm whilst being more heavy than the techno.

Bugger
07-09-2004, 06:08 PM
ahem, ATOMIC JAM, whoops did i just say that?!?!?!

maybe, maybe not!

Katie
07-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Ahh can't wait for this getting excited already! haha! :love: :lol:

Bugger
08-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Here's some good info on The Hacker if your not too familiar with him:

The Hacker is today considered as being one of the best French representatives of a pure and limpid Techno. Michel Amato begins at 17, in a Electro/Indus band influenced by Cabaret Voltaire, DAF... In Grenoble ( Michel's birth town) in 1992, the Electronic scene begins to grow and some precursory people show their interests for this new music called "Techno". These people are Miss Kittin, Kiko, Olivier Raymond from Oxia, Phunky Data... Michel decides to follow the Hardcore wave, close to his first influences and creates XMF with Benoit Bollini (later called "the money Penny Project") in 1993. XMF is today known as a reference in the French Hardcore scene. The Hacker recognizes the importance of XMF to him and explains that, though abandoned, this hard period has been a step with consequences on his actual music.

In parallel to that, Detroit Techno/Electro has always fascinated Michel, who decides in 1996 to go on alone under the pseudo of "The Hacker". That's the time of the first series of maxis for Interface and Doug Dunner, labels influenced by the experimental and uncompromised Techno of producers like Christian Vogel and Neil Landstrumm. Some time later, Michel wants to make us share his love for the 80's, (with some references which go from the Electro-Pop of Depeche-Mode and Soft-Cell to the Disco/Hi-energy of Giorgo Moroder and Bobby O) but with humor.

His two cults Eps : "Champagne" and "Intimitées" he made with Miss Kittin for International DJ Gigolos (DJ Hell's label) are the result of his wish, and show both his fascination for the 80's (the cover of "Sweet dreams" of Eurythmics) and his humor (ironic tittles like "1982", "Frank Sinatra"). Michel, a very productive musician, keeps on collaborations with different labels :

- the French labels UMF, Ozone( with Jack de Marseille, Kiko...)
-The Swiss label Mental Groove ( for which he remixes the famous DJ rush)
- the English labels Magic Trax and Sativae

In 1998, he creates with Olivier from Oxia and Alexandre Reynaud ( an underground character in Grenoble) their label: Goodlife. Today, Michel proposes his first album "Mélodies en sous-sols" produced during the year 1999 (in a period of approximately four months) This record is composed of 11 titles without compromises , between Techno and Electro, which offer a sensitive vision of electronic music . The Hacker clearly assumes his Old School influences in reaction against the actual formatted electronic music. The title "Melodies en sous-sols" ("basement melodies") is a reference to the classical sixties French "Polar", but also a reference to the underground without saying the word...

Bugger
11-09-2004, 01:37 AM
The following show is confirmed at Carling Academy Liverpool:

Voodoo & Atomic Jam present:

Voodoo vs Atomic Jam

Featuring

Speedy J (Live)
The Hacker [Gigolo/Goodlife]
Ade Fenton [Atomic Jam]
Chris Finke {Split/Atomic Jam]
Steve Shiels [Voodoo]
Brendan Long [Bugged Out!/Voodoo]