PDA

View Full Version : laptops

FILTERZ
07-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Is there a way i can transfer large files between my laptops without setting up a network , maybe by usb or something

Hakka
07-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Is there a way i can transfer large files between my laptops without setting up a network , maybe by usb or something

haha... yes.

Get a USB CD-Writer, burn the filez to cd, and then use the CD to load them on to new system.

---------

Sorry that was a joke. I know USB transfer between computers is possible, not sure how its done. I will have chat with one of the Top IT guys where it work. Try PM'ing "Sarah PVC" on here, think she works as computer problem solver.

FILTERZ
07-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Well the problem i have is that i have about ten dvd`s full off stuff that i need on my laptop but it wont read the discs,my other one will but hasnt got a dvd burner, and when i try to burn the contents of the dvd`s to cd, i have to **** around with subfolders having to many levels for cd and all this bollox, aaaargh i tried to network them yeserday but one keeps saying the cables unplugged when it isnt aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggghhhhh
driving me mad :evil:

MARKEG
07-09-2004, 11:58 AM
i had huge problems with networks but i stuck with it and now i have everything sorted. it's absolutely great being able to quickly transfer stuff without burning it off.

my advice is to stick with trying to sort the network out. have you got a router and wireless card or just a router?

best link i can give you is google. there's plenty of search results cause this is a common problem. honestly, stick with it you wont regret it.

TechnoNRGKid
09-09-2004, 09:49 AM
You can buy or even make a crossover ethernet RJ 45 cable.
http://www.makeitsimple.com/how-to/dyi_crossover.htm

Other options are to get two wireless cards ( with out the router ).
then use the software on both computers and put it in i think it's called ad-hoc mode.
It's the mode for peer to peer,not the mode to connect to a router.

dan the acid man
09-09-2004, 12:38 PM
like the above post says, your best bet is to make or buy a crossover cable

278d7e64a374de26f==