PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 DJs (VOTE)

fatcollective
07-09-2004, 03:33 PM
(not sure whether this is the correct forum??) but as most of you are aware, the Dj pole is due very soon...whos gonna vote for who! lets hope the techno Djs get some good exposure...my vote has gone to Henry!

Stuart
07-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Don't vote the usual everyday super DJ start voting for the up and comings the ones that really deserve to be on the list. The ones that put their heart and soul into Dj'ing.

tioneb
07-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Don't vote the usual everyday super DJ start voting for the up and comings the ones that really deserve to be on the list. The ones that put their heart and soul into Dj'ing.

fergie

yorkie
07-09-2004, 04:30 PM
chris finke gets my vote at the mo along with sims

fergie :roll:

Esox Lucius
07-09-2004, 04:35 PM
sims got my vote.

fitipaldi
07-09-2004, 04:54 PM

fergie

:lol:

he's a one man bandwagon

jonnyspeed
07-09-2004, 06:57 PM
might be being dumb - but where do I vote?

dan the acid man
07-09-2004, 07:08 PM
might be being dumb - but where do I vote?

the voting station :doh: :lol:

fatcollective
07-09-2004, 07:25 PM
you can vote from DJ mag website www.djmag.co.uk

davethedrummer
07-09-2004, 08:08 PM
just had to drop one in for fergie
and of course pete ( warming it up for the weekend ) tong

:doh:

Col
07-09-2004, 08:34 PM
does anybody take notice of these polls anyway?

about 99% of the voters wouldnt know "quality music" if it bit them on the arse.

leave it to the kids.

Stella Boy
07-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Let's have a bet on the winner. I vote for TIESTO because I saw him play once and he actually stood on the decks and waved his hands in the air and still managed to mix in the final 4 bars of the track seamlessly.

basslinejunkie
07-09-2004, 09:07 PM
Let's have a bet on the winner. I vote for TIESTO because I saw him play once and he actually stood on the decks and waved his hands in the air and still managed to mix in the final 4 bars of the track seamlessly.

nah gotta be the judge,hes the same as tiesto BUT he plays whatever type of music is doing well for itself at that particular time and sucks the blood out of it.hes the best coz he can play more than 1 type of cheddar.

davethedrummer
08-09-2004, 12:28 AM
well i got voted in twice
and did anyone from " the biz" beat a path to my door.
did they f*ck!
i think realistically it has done something for me ......but it's so insignificant that i don't really know what that is.
however .....the guy who was right next to me in the chart has gone on to do really well AND I WAS ABOVE HIM IN THE BLOODY THING!!!!!!

BASTARD!!!!

HE'S OBVIOUSLY GETTING ALL MY GIGS!!!!!

surely the type of music i play has nothing to do with it ?

time for bed....... everything will look better in the morning ( for about 2 seconds) :crackup:

davethedrummer
08-09-2004, 12:32 AM

impressive .........
but he can still f*ck off! and take his "music " with him.

dan the acid man
08-09-2004, 12:48 AM

impressive .........

:lol: :lol:

dirty_bass
08-09-2004, 12:48 AM
I hate polls.
I`m surprised channel 4 haven`t done a "100 best dj moments" program.

Evil G
08-09-2004, 01:07 AM
i saw something today that's had me thinking, speshly in regards to this "selling out" business.

"it's better to be hated for being who you are than to be loved for being someone you're not."

Stella Boy
08-09-2004, 07:48 AM

impressive .........

Aye it is impressive, that's why he gets paid so much money to play. Danger Money in case he falls of the decks. :lol:

Col
08-09-2004, 09:30 AM
i saw something today that's had me thinking, speshly in regards to this "selling out" business.

"it's better to be hated for being who you are than to be loved for being someone you're not."

of course. ;)

Stuart
08-09-2004, 10:02 AM
I hate polls.
I`m surprised channel 4 haven`t done a "100 best dj moments" program.

Now that would be funny, Especially watching some of these so called live sets ie Lab 4 and any hard trance dj standing around for a whole record and not actually doing anything.

Frank Dogshit
08-09-2004, 11:15 AM
my older sister voted taking into account shes not been into dance music for about 7/8 years now. this is who she voted for.

mike cosford
carl cox
dave seaman
nicky holloway
jeremy healy

would love to know who mike cosford is if anyone can fill me in.

Esox Lucius
08-09-2004, 11:18 AM
think cosford was a house dj who used to play at fantazia :lol:

gumpy green
08-09-2004, 12:16 PM
ya best listen to one of my mixes so ya know yer voting fo the best.

nothing i want more than to b4e crowed dj mags best.....

straight up pile of piss if you ask me......

Frank Dogshit
08-09-2004, 12:44 PM
remember kids vote

sekonz
sekonz
sekonz
sekonz
sekonz

gumpy green
08-09-2004, 12:55 PM
remember kids vote

sekonz
sekonz
sekonz
sekonz
sekonz

not quite.

sekonz
sekonz
sekonz
sekonz
smashy an nicey

Frank Dogshit
08-09-2004, 12:58 PM
not forgetting a certain..

Patrick Sharp

ReakZ
08-09-2004, 02:22 PM
My vote goes to Grovskopa ! :cool: :lol:

Patrick
08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
think cosford was a house dj who used to play at fantazia :lol:

:lol: Oldskool Downy with the info.
He's so famous he even gets a mention on Knowhere as a famous Cheltenham resident :
http://www.knowhere.co.uk/534_heroes.html

"Mike Cosford aka Mike C. Famous DJ, Fantazia House Collections CDs"

jonnyspeed
08-09-2004, 07:00 PM
my older sister voted taking into account shes not been into dance music for about 7/8 years now. this is who she voted for.

mike cosford
carl cox
dave seaman
nicky holloway
jeremy healy

would love to know who mike cosford is if anyone can fill me in.

Mike Cosford. Oh my god! He's well a truely on another path now. Never thought anybody actually still remembered him - quality DJ and his brother. I'm gonna tell him!

jonnyspeed
08-09-2004, 07:11 PM
http://www.fantazia.org.uk/DJs/mikec.htm

schlongfingers
08-09-2004, 07:26 PM
http://www.fantazia.org.uk/DJs/mikec.htm

haha if you click on the flyer on that page and zoom into the bloke on the far right, it appears to be the dirty ****er from Manumission. He looks like he's been interrupted as well.

jonnyspeed
08-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Not sure about the man u mission connection but he still looks the same. shorter hair and only a few years wiser.

MangaFish
08-09-2004, 09:34 PM
the thing with these polls are they arnt a table of the best DJs or most telented, but the most popular. techno is quite a minorety genre compared to most dance music so i would be suprised if many techno DJs score well compared to trance and house

you dont have to be a good DJ to produce classic emotional trance. but if you have these records exclusively and play them out, it doesnt matter how shit your DJing is (w/in reason obviously) trance heads will still love you.

if think techno is one of the few dance genres that demand a little more from our DJs.

MangaFish
08-09-2004, 09:41 PM
my vote went like this:

1. carl cox
2. Meat Katie
3. Sander Kleinenberg
4. Adam Beyer
5. Liquideyes (a mate of mine)

Stella Boy
08-09-2004, 09:52 PM
The thing that pees me off about these polls is that when the results come in you just know that the top 20 dj's in th elist will increase their fee due to the popularity ( so I hope no techno dj comes in the top 20, purely for selfish reasons :lol: )

278d7e64a374de26f==