PDA

View Full Version : good recrod shops in berlin and london if you can

djlukas
07-09-2004, 09:58 PM
i know many guys have asked this but i searched on the past messages and i did not find much...

is there anyone that could help me out with good recordshops with good techno in berlin and in london?

in berlin i have the adress for hardwax and spacehall and in london no adress yet!

thx

Lukas

zaalmoetlos
07-09-2004, 10:18 PM
depends on what u like but i usualy check eukatech in coventgarden and the one under the skateshop in neilsyard also covent grd then you have one in camden under vinylbar for secondhand stuff soho is quite good

http://www.google.nl/search?q=cache:TeDHHythBKMJ:www.londontown.com/LondonInformation/Shopping/Eukatech/8baa/+eukatech+london&hl=nl

http://www.google.nl/search?q=cache:Mhfecvv6WBgJ:www.viewlondon.co.uk/review_587.html+vinyl+bar+london+camden&hl=nl

DJMAYA
07-09-2004, 10:45 PM
CHEck out www.chemical-records.co.uk
or bangingtunes.com to find out there actual addresses.

chemical beats everything on the net for a well rounded service.
banging tunes is a good instore shop (Old Kenetic) but the site stinks for tech.

go there.

jonnyspeed
07-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Pretty comprehensive tour of London record shops, in quite a good order to do them in. And a lovely walk if you're a tourist.

- If you like the more hard or wonky stuff start at Trackheads.
- If your more of a melodic techno/techhouse fan start at Eukatech and work back.

- Tracksheads on Kentish Town Road
- (the one on Camden High Street downstairs from a record shop on the left next to the lock??)
- Music & Video Exchange and Reckless Records in Camden High Street
(you get the tune between Camden & Oxford Circus or walk down the canal and south down Regents Park then down Great Porland Street)
- Banging tunes on Little Portland Street, off Upper Regent Street
- Mad Records, Silver Street off Lexington Street, Soho
- Music & Video Exchange, Sister Ray, XSF and Reckless Records on Berwick Street Soho
- Eukatech on Endell Steet, Covent Garden

You want to take cash with you into Music & Video Exchange and Reckless Records as they are second hand record shops, Though they do take cards if you send over £10. However listening facilities are limited or non-existant but the stock often contains some amazing gems and promos.

Highly recommend using the aereal photos on Multi-map that have A-to-Z overlays. This one is for trackheads. but you have to be on just the normal map to enter a street name - then flip to aerel view.

http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&X=529000&Y=184500&width=50 0&height=310&gride=528958&gridn=184479&srec=0&coor dsys=gb&db=&pc=&zm=1&scale=5000

davethedrummer
08-09-2004, 12:05 AM
the one under the skateshop in neilsyard

rough trade!!! excellent booty getto tech section and lot's of great independant rock too , took me hours to get out of there! ( god it took hours to rememeber the name!)

i know the kind of thing you'll be after lukas
i think you'll find some at banging and eukatech but there's apparently a new place in soho ( it was news to me too)which is dealing with harder stuff , i'll try to get an address for you

zaalmoetlos
08-09-2004, 02:32 AM
the one under the skateshop in neilsyard

rough trade!!! excellent booty getto tech section and lot's of great independant rock too , took me hours to get out of there! ( god it took hours to rememeber the name!)

well that's quite quick been coming there for about ten years now and can never remember the name

djlukas
23-09-2004, 07:22 AM
thanks for everyone that tryed to help me...

i have a few places to go and i am shure i will find good stuff somewhere!

respect from brazil

Lukas

278d7e64a374de26f==