PDA

View Full Version : Collabs 300

Malfunction
08-09-2004, 07:41 PM
Hmmmmm, not too sure about this one yet. I really liked the first two, but this seems to be lacking a bit of something. What do you guys think?

(full previews up at www.speedyj.com)

Traxx
08-09-2004, 07:58 PM
is this the speedy j & chris liebing one?

Frank Dogshit
08-09-2004, 08:07 PM
theres one track on there which i really like.the harder one,think its on the b side.

Frank Dogshit
08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Trikco is a belter! :clap: Cant wait to hear it live.

miss bass
08-09-2004, 11:36 PM
DISAPPOINTED

:shock: :cry:

I hope its just the fact ive only heard a snippet! Wheres the creativeness.

Ok some nice steady beats but ........ its like one level stuff, what happened to taking me to the next level :( poo in the loo

Luke Logan.
08-09-2004, 11:54 PM
I Dont like the first two , the first one takes ages to get to the point I find. Cant remember the 2nd off hand. I persume the third is in the same vain? I'm in 56k land so no go.

miss bass
09-09-2004, 12:00 AM
the 2nd one is great, well knicker!! ****ing hell what a ****ing tune!!!!MMMMMMMM :love:

Frank Dogshit
09-09-2004, 12:03 AM
id say this track is music to be heard in a club to get the full effect.

collabs 200 sounded a million times better in a club than it does to listen to in the home.

i honestly wouldnt call this latest offering crap like your all suggesting.

miss bass
09-09-2004, 12:18 AM
well i hope when i hear it in full it delivers

Luke Logan.
09-09-2004, 12:28 AM
id say this track is music to be heard in a club to get the full effect.

collabs 200 sounded a million times better in a club than it does to listen to in the home.

i honestly wouldnt call this latest offering crap like your all suggesting.

You could be right, I've heard a good few tracks in Clubs and thought
"hey thats not half bad, should of bought that Luke!" I'd deffo be giving it socks to it in a club, I just dont like it enough to play it out, maybe on the third deck with the bass down? (collab 100)

I'm not saying its crap, its just not my thing. Millions will disagree with me.

Dustin Zahn
09-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Yo Luke, I claimed a Sid Vicious pic avatar first!! Ah what the hell, there is room for one more. ;)

Dustin Zahn
09-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Damn, forgot to mention I really dig the B side. Really funky weird stuff for 4 or 5 in the morning to get the floor going again.

Luke Logan.
09-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Yo Luke, I claimed a Sid Vicious pic avatar first!! Ah what the hell, there is room for one more. ;)

Sorted! he the man though.

MARKEG
09-09-2004, 01:24 AM
yeah i was disapointed in this slightly.

it's like the sounds are too far down in the mix.

Sunil
09-09-2004, 01:36 AM
Only gave 300 a quick flick the other day, nothing amazing, not that i expected it to be. Collabs 100 wasn't great, tracks were too long and uneventful. One side of Collabs 200 was good for double copies but that's about the only track I've taken to so far in the series.
At least 300 is the last one, eh? :clap:

Dustin Zahn
09-09-2004, 01:54 AM

Sorted! he the man though.

haha, you didn't have to change it...I was just giving you shit.

Luke Logan.
09-09-2004, 02:04 AM
It wouldnt be very techno to be the same as everyone else :lol: ;)

Bas Mooy
09-09-2004, 10:00 AM
wait untill its played on a 10KW soundsystem, dancefloor will love it...I wasnt that impressed at first, but after I heard it out loud I had to kind of change my opinion about it...think it can cause massive dancefloor damage during the following months...but hey, judge for yourself, have to say i was kind of drunk that night, so could colour my enthousiasm a bit, but again, i think it sounded really good...but I realise that my opinion is also just an opinion..

I know there are a lot of people who are less positive about Speedy J then some years ago (especially the spoiled Dutch crowd...), but this man has always been making great music (from his early old school stuff to his experimental and banging techno stuff!)...Lots of people still trying to copy Jochem every day, but there's only one. He did a experimental set at one of my parties some time ago, which started with over an half hour with the most amazing soundscapes, then slowly turned to down tempo minimal stuff and ended with some banging tunes...Was a set to never forget...I know this wasnt the topic, but I really wanted to say this, since I think this man deserves shitloads of respect, which I think some of the so called techno purists in Holland are not giving him. I have to say I might be a bit prejudiced, since he was one of the main reasons I got into techno. Visiting parties in my hometown about 10 years ago, where he and Jeroen Verheij (Secret Cinema) performed, they still are two of my favourite live-acts and producers...Sorry if I sound a bit frustrated about this, but especially in Holland a lot of people are bitching about people that really don't deserve this attitude...pfff, got that out of my system...hehe...

PLEASE NOTE that this last text is not a response on the topic entries, its just something that came up when i was thinking a bout speedy j, so did NOT meant to offend any one on the board...Its mainly the fact that I cannot understand the Dutch techno crowd....

out/

davethedrummer
09-09-2004, 11:07 AM

oh i don't know about that i thought techno was all about copying everyone else.

anyway i'll get my coat

The Overfiend
09-09-2004, 12:09 PM
A1 I like to be honest, the rest are ok. But A1 man c'mon, don't even front.

Luke Logan.
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM

oh i don't know about that i thought techno was all about copying everyone else.

anyway i'll get my coat

:clap: :lol:

jesus
09-09-2004, 03:17 PM
me like the treflon much funkier. didnt like triko as much coz of that shitting snare all the way through.

rezok
11-09-2004, 09:40 AM
I must say, the Literon, Beyer and Liebing Collabs have, like Tanga, been a bit loopy.

But nevertheless, they possess that unmistakable Jochem charm, despite not being the most *amazing* thing he's done, I think theyre true to form and great loops. *begin flame* !! :lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==