PDA

View Full Version : rm1x keys

hiroprotagonist
09-09-2004, 12:33 AM
i just got myself a used rm1x and im having some frustrations. theres no stores around for me to test this machine out in so i kind of went into buying it blind. the keys are mushy and sometimes unrespionsive feeling. they dont trigger the patterns or tracks exactly when i hit them and i have to press deliberately and almost forcefully for them to respond. should this be happening? ive never played around on a yamaha before. i dont mind it too much, im getting a midi controller soon and thatll replace ever having to use the keys on the rm1x to play with but can i assign the keys on my keyboard to control the patterns and tracks on the rm1x? i would hate to be playing live and bungle a beat because of mashy keys.

markus
09-09-2004, 01:12 AM
Yeah, the keys shouldn't be having response issues like that. Take it back to where you got it from and get your money back.

hiroprotagonist
09-09-2004, 02:17 AM
crap i dont think i can. it was an as is deal. is there any way i can program my controller to be the keys instead?

audioinjection
09-09-2004, 03:44 PM
maybe you can take it to get cleaned? its probably not making good contact

Komplex
09-09-2004, 11:54 PM
This is what happens to all rm1x section keys after they've had a bit of use. It is an easy fix consisting of swapping over the contacts underneath the keys. Take it to you local music/pro audio repairs shop and have them do it for you or if you're in Melbourne, send me a PM.

hiroprotagonist
10-09-2004, 07:49 AM
hmmm i went to a local dealer today and played around with their rm1x. it seems my keys have seen SOME use but not that much. im used to rolands keys. they are snappier and you can just flick them. the yamaha keys take more effort and timing. ive gotten used to it and adjusted my timing and all. i think im just going to assign them to my controller.
i get my virus classic and radium49 next week. :love:

278d7e64a374de26f==