PDA

View Full Version : internet explorer problem

messyfuture
09-09-2004, 07:26 PM
When i go on certain websites i'm getting this message:

Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page my not disply correctly.

I've tried changing my internet options in the control pannel and nothing seems to work, i've even reinstalled windows and internet explorer.

any ideas?

and i'm running windows 98 :oops: if thats any help

dan the acid man
09-09-2004, 07:39 PM
try right clicking on the e logo on your desktop, then click on properties ( you can do this in control panel aswell), then click on security, then click on custom level, then at the bottom, reset to medium. I cant remember whether all these settings are the same on 98 though :doh:

messyfuture
09-09-2004, 08:06 PM
i've tried that

still getting the same message

:cry:

TechnoNRGKid
10-09-2004, 02:17 AM
Are you sure you reinstalled windows? lol
i mean, there are 2 ways to reinstall windows and im sure you have, BUT..
the first way is an upgrade, when you put the disk in the drive and run the install through windows. This way still preserves most of your settings , program files, and stuff in windows. It just upgrades some system components.

Way 2 fully Installs everything, system components, program files, user settings, Everything.

Im not sure if way 1 will reinstall components for internet explorer/IE Settings. I thought it might. But you shouldnt of had that problem if you Installed Full though.

If you have not done a Full install, then restart windows, pop in the cd and install.
Or run the disk through windows but make sure you dont pick the option to Upgrade.
Actually, in windows 98, i think you can only upgrade when running the software in windows. I forget.

If you do a full install and still get the problem im :shock:

Let us know how it goes.

H3lx
10-09-2004, 02:42 AM
dont use internet explorer chief

firefox pisses all over it

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

messyfuture
10-09-2004, 07:48 AM
cheers for the replies

i'll have a look at fire fox too

:clap:

dan the acid man
10-09-2004, 11:02 AM
have you tried updating ie from microsoft's site.
I would also recommend firefox, although i still use ie along side it

messyfuture
10-09-2004, 01:05 PM
tried that to.

i get the same message there as well, then it brings up a page thats titled 'adminastors only'

TechnoNRGKid
11-09-2004, 02:37 AM
dont use internet explorer chief

firefox pisses all over it

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Honestly, i went to firefox and i still come back to internet explorer.
I tryed lots of browsers. But mostly because IE is native to Windows and very simple to use is why i come back to it.

The best browser i did like when tryin others was Avant Browser.

dan the acid man
11-09-2004, 11:55 AM
tried that to.

i get the same message there as well, then it brings up a page thats titled 'adminastors only'

i wish i new more about software, i really should learn more :doh:

maybe it's time for a full re install of windows

messyfuture
11-09-2004, 05:33 PM
tried that to.

i wish i new more about software, i really should learn more :doh:

maybe it's time for a full re install of windows

I'm getting a new computer built souly for music and keeping my existing pc for internet and tings so i think i'll just format the hard drive and upgrade to xp when i get my new one

SarahPvc
01-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Your Internet Explorer (IE) security settings might be too high to download or run the required ChainCast ActiveX control. Try opening Internet Options under the Tools menu in IE. Under the Security tab, either click Default Level to set the security level to Medium, or click Custom Level and make sure the following items are marked as indicated: (The above settings are also required even if you are using Netscape.)

Download signed ActiveX controls (recommend Prompt setting)

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins (recommend Enable setting)

Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting (recommend Enable setting)

Active scripting (recommend Enable setting)

messyfuture
01-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Your Internet Explorer (IE) security settings might be too high to download or run the required ChainCast ActiveX control. Try opening Internet Options under the Tools menu in IE. Under the Security tab, either click Default Level to set the security level to Medium, or click Custom Level and make sure the following items are marked as indicated: (The above settings are also required even if you are using Netscape.)

Download signed ActiveX controls (recommend Prompt setting)

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins (recommend Enable setting)

Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting (recommend Enable setting)

Active scripting (recommend Enable setting)

cheers for that sarah,

the settings you mentioned match the settings that i have and i'm still getting the probelm,

i'm sure a format of the c drive will clear it up, but i dont have time at the moment to do this

i'll just live with it for a while longer

SarahPvc
01-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Try downloading Active X?
If you are getting an error message that says administrators only this may mean that you arent an administrator of your PC

messyfuture
02-10-2004, 12:00 PM
any links?

was on the active x site and i have no idea what i need :oops:

278d7e64a374de26f==