PDA

View Full Version : [Leeds] Darkside - Friday 8th October

Stella Boy
12-09-2004, 12:46 PM
we're diggin out the dusties for a one off old school techno classics party
@ northern light, cross york street, leeds.

ROBERT LEINER - R & S / H.PRODUCTIONS, SWEDEN
http://www.rsrecords.com/apr_lein.htm

MIKE DRED - REPHLEX / MACHINE CODES

+
RICHY SMITH - ponty

doors 10pm - 4am £8 / £10
tickets on sale end of the week. 250 capacity.

more info / tickets / guest list darkside@basement-trax.co.uk

the bells will not be played.

Stella Boy
12-09-2004, 01:05 PM
http://www.leinermedia.com/ ;)

Stella Boy
04-10-2004, 07:13 PM
If you are interested in any guest list information then please pm me on here before Thursday 7th October or you can mail direct to the link above.
Thanks and see you on Friday ;)

ds2
05-10-2004, 10:15 AM
10k thunderidge system now confirmed for friday.

ds2
08-10-2004, 02:27 PM
IMPORTANT
--------------

tonight's event will now take place at the warehouse, somers street, leeds.

doors are now 10pm - 6am and entrance fee is reduced to only £6

late bar too.

please tell yer mates

Stella Boy
09-10-2004, 05:36 PM
My head is finally coming back to reality now after last nights activities. First I'd like to thank everyone who came down to the warehouse last night after being told at the final minute of the venue change.
The nights proceedings kicked off with local boy Richy Smith who laid down some excellent little tunes, some of which tried to find there way into my bag but just couldn't make the final switch. Next time Richy :lol: . The room was filling up nicely just in time for Mike Dredd to grace the decks and perform one the best old school sets I've heard, absolutely flawless :clap: :cool: . The pinnacle of his set being the darkside's favourite R&S record EVER - MANTRAX. Mike, god love ya mate, this still sounds as sh*t hot as ever.
Sadly, Rob Leiner could not play as he had a rather nasty fall and knocked his head which left him very dazed and confused and extremley unstable on his feet. The decision was made that he could not play and was whisked off back to the hotel to get some rest. Paul Darkside spoke to him this morning and he was OK, so that's the main thing. In his place and called up at the last minutes was local lad Gaz Freeman who kept the pace going nice and steady through to the close, Thanks Gaz ;)

Well, an interesting end to a bizarre day of losing a venue and finding a venue in the space of 6 hours, our loyal followers making it another quality night and the main guest dj doing his impression of a weeble wobble, but actually falling down. Finally, a massive thank you to Spen for making Paul Darkside the happiest saddo in this planet by purchasing the Mantrax track of Rob Leiner for him. Rocking horses and pooh springs to mind when you think of this record and 2 crop up at the same night :roll: . A nice little present and I'm sure this will now be getting regular plays down at the club. :cool:

Traxx
09-10-2004, 05:50 PM
sound's like it was good night especialy with the late venue change & that.

Stella Boy
09-10-2004, 06:28 PM
sound's like it was good night especialy with the late venue change & that.

Yeah, I think everyone enjoyed themselves and we were pleasantly surprised with the turnout bearing in mind the very late venue change. Roll on Carola next month, should be a goody :cool:

Col
10-10-2004, 12:54 AM
whats happening now then tony? darkside back at the warehouse?

Stella Boy
10-10-2004, 08:31 AM
whats happening now then tony? darkside back at the warehouse?

It was just for this event, we're back at northern light as pre normal for the carola night.

278d7e64a374de26f==