PDA

View Full Version : Reason 2.5????

Busho
12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
does n e body use this for production???

im downloading the demo now to see what its like :cool:

what i want to know is . how long did it take for u to get to grips wit how it works???? ( roughly??) am i lookin @ Day, Weeks or months???

n e help will be greatly appreiciated!!!

cheers!

Bushwacka :cool:

renegade mistress
13-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Yep I use this program on a daily basis. I would say it's very user friendly, I managed to get the hang of all the main features of the program within a few days. The instructions are really helpful. I would say creating tracks with this program is a bit of a challenge - if you want to create a track in a matter of days with the minimum effort, something like Fruity would be more appropriate. With Reason, all the basic sounds are there, but need to be tweaked to f***ery to get a professional sounding track... :roll:

Louk
14-09-2004, 06:36 PM
its wicked

Louk

Busho
14-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Yep I use this program on a daily basis. I would say it's very user friendly, I managed to get the hang of all the main features of the program within a few days. The instructions are really helpful. I would say creating tracks with this program is a bit of a challenge - if you want to create a track in a matter of days with the minimum effort, something like Fruity would be more appropriate. With Reason, all the basic sounds are there, but need to be tweaked to f***ery to get a professional sounding track... :roll:

ideal cheers dudette :cool:

madhatter
22-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Reasons Good. i wouldnt recommend it to anyone though! it took me a few days to figure out the basics and about 5 months to make a tune of any standard.

i'd get Logic

Soundfixation
22-09-2004, 11:41 PM
why does every1 want to rush things?????
just take your time theres no rush.............

sundrop
04-10-2004, 11:28 PM
I love Reason, IMO its alot better than Fruity Loops although there are some features of FL that are superior!

It took me a day to get some sounds out of it, a couple weeks to make a track, and after a few months I'm very proficient with it. It is cool tho because it hides alot of complexity under a simple interface.

I hear Cubase is better but... it always crashes my computer so I dunno

djTequila
05-11-2004, 05:00 PM
If you want the lovelyness of Reason with some good, immediate sounds on top, get Live as well, slave up Reason with Rewire, and plug in some serious soft synths. Or control some hard ones.

You get fantastic loop stretching and previewing as well... And a better sound if you try to avoid the Reason mixer as much as possible.

rs1800
05-11-2004, 10:32 PM
Does anyone use Ableton 4 live ?

How does this compare with reason in terms of complexiry, ease of use and end results?

cheers

djTequila
06-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Ableton can be picked up and used very quickly - helped by the tutorials, which are interactive and take you completely by the hand. They really are like having someone look over your shoulder and tell you what to do.

Live will generate great results very quickly. You may, in future, get frustrated by a lack of any kind of synth, but if you have enough loops you'll be laughing for a long while. You can always buy VSTis anyway.

Reason + Live is a seamless combination that brings me much joy...

rs1800
06-11-2004, 11:01 AM
thx for info

I dont mind putting some effort into this so should I learn reason or live first?

I have no other kit except a midi keboard and no experience at all.

Is a VST a software synth? and can I control it from my midikeyboard.

sorry to hijack this thread although I hope this is of use to Hardstyle Instructor too.

cheers

djTequila
07-11-2004, 01:32 PM
I say get Live as it's far more immediately accessable. If you get Vanguard with it, (a cheap but lovely VST synth) you'll be able to use your MIDI keyboard to create fat sounding trance leads, arpeggios and big pads and stuff.

Get a load of sample CDs for loops, percussion and effects, and you're away!

Get Reason later if you want a very creative tool for intricate sound design and a fully featured sampler. It's hard - very hard - to get release quality out of Reason... unless you use the NNXT sampler with good samples, and pump the result into a Rewire host - like, for example, Live.

Reason used as a drum machine is incredible! Reason as a synth is interesting, but not fat 'out of the box'. You'll need to learn a lot about synthesis and sound design to get the best out of it, whereas a lot of VST synths - which you can't run in Reason - sound big immediately.

rs1800
07-11-2004, 01:47 PM
cheers for info, I understood most of that lol.

Ill start with Live then and go through the turorial to start with.

Are there any websites you know that give tutorials on the basics of producing dance/techno music. ie what the various elements are, which to do first, what works well and doesnt, etc

cheers

NFP
08-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Best one to get in my opinion is Cubase SX you can run reason at the same time it is brilliant thats what i use and a lot of my djs tend to use its a lot more advanced on audio than reason is..........still a good program though.
www.naked-flame-productions.tk
www.kronicfm.tk

djTequila
09-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Best one to get in my opinion is Cubase SX you can run reason at the same time it is brilliant thats what i use and a lot of my djs tend to use its a lot more advanced on audio than reason is..........still a good program though.
www.kronicfm.tk

Cubase SX is good - but a bit advanced for a first piece of music software. Both Reason and Live make a great entry to music production - and if you progress to Cubase SX, you can just re-wire them in, so you don't lose anything.

Tell you what, though. Reason running as a slave to Live is fantastic. Just.... lovely. :love: :love: :love:

I'm trying to phase out Cubase completely, if possible.

NFP
09-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Very good advise but I wouldn't phase Cubase out altogether, it's a brilliant piece of software.

www.kronicfm.tk

djTequila
10-11-2004, 02:25 PM
There are things it can do that Live finds difficult, granted. I'm looking into Tracktion as a cheap, stable alternative... It's looking pretty interesting so far, but I've only had an hour or so with it.

NFP
12-11-2004, 01:15 PM
heard of tracktion i think i may have it, whats it like

djTequila
12-11-2004, 04:01 PM
heard of tracktion i think i may have it, whats it like

Very clean UI- the only actual windows are VSTs, just like Live. Allows you to mix samples in a single track by putting them on top of eachother. No built-in sends - but a free plug-in helps out. A plug-in 'rack' allows you to assemble VSTs in any configuration, with complex routing.

More than that, I don't know - I only had a little play.

NFP
19-11-2004, 01:47 PM
just got novation vst for sx got some nice synths on it to play around with

djTequila
19-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Novation VST for SX?

Are you talking about the V-Station ond the Bass Station VSTis? Or something new I wasn't aware of?

Busho
19-11-2004, 05:17 PM
i jus downloaded CuBase so i think il av a crack @ that coz i still aint got hold of reason :doh:

NFP
20-11-2004, 01:39 PM
yeah novation bass station good piece of software

278d7e64a374de26f==