PDA

View Full Version : driver IRQL not less or equal ? can someone help

dj vorny
12-09-2004, 07:52 PM
i recently had a new pc built its a pentium 4 _ 3 gig and keeps crashing and then comes up with a blue screen and says and says driver IRQL not less or equal check newly installed software it starting a physical dump or somat ,it doesnt it every so often at random times can anyone help me out please

H3lx
12-09-2004, 08:36 PM
uh oh

that happened mine 4 months ago

shes still dead, after being sent to 3 different repair men

MARKEG
13-09-2004, 08:44 AM
oh dear. yup i had that problem NO end on my last computer.

if you do a search on google you'll find lots of info about it.

but often it's an irq conflict. right click my computer > properties > hardware > device manager > view > resourses by type . check your irq's. each device should have it's own unique irq. in fact, if you're not sure, post the list up here and we can look over it.

you really can get deep into this, but this i think is a good place to start.

but i'd start backing up now - get your driver disks all ready cause it might just be best to do a clean install of xp. there's an option for standard pc when you first install windows that often changes the way your computer assigns irq's. some computers dont work well one way and some do the other.

dj vorny
13-09-2004, 03:06 PM
oh dear. yup i had that problem NO end on my last computer.

if you do a search on google you'll find lots of info about it.

but often it's an irq conflict. right click my computer > properties > hardware > device manager > view > resourses by type . check your irq's. each device should have it's own unique irq. in fact, if you're not sure, post the list up here and we can look over it.

you really can get deep into this, but this i think is a good place to start.

but i'd start backing up now - get your driver disks all ready cause it might just be best to do a clean install of xp. there's an option for standard pc when you first install windows that often changes the way your computer assigns irq's. some computers dont work well one way and some do the other.
thanx for tha advice i will have a look into it but if not i will get someone to have a look into it for me ;) i dont even know to reinstall xp :shock:

detfella
13-09-2004, 04:46 PM
have u tried testiing the RAM in ur pc? dodgy cheap memory caused my problem. if you copy the exact error message and type in google, y9ou'll find other solutions

dj vorny
13-09-2004, 04:57 PM
have u tried testiing the RAM in ur pc? dodgy cheap memory caused my problem. if you copy the exact error message and type in google, y9ou'll find other solutions
chears mate im waiting for it to do it again it hasnt done it since yesterday morning and me pc has been on all nighr and day downloading :clap: i will wait till it does it and take a picture on me camera phone then copy the code into google and post it here so if anyone can see whats up :evil:

detfella
13-09-2004, 05:50 PM
a tenner says its dodgy ram :crackup:

dan the acid man
13-09-2004, 06:35 PM
last time i got a memory dump it was a dodgy ide cable, it took me 4 days solid to figure that out :doh:

but with it saying irq, it could be a conflict

dj vorny
13-09-2004, 08:15 PM
THANX FOR THE SUPPORT :study: :gutted: :hmm:

Barely Human
14-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Only time ive had memory dumps is from my Cpu over heating, but again, with it saying its an irq problem, then its probably not this. Best way to check that is to get a program called motherboard monitor and see how hot your pc is running http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311

MARKEG
14-09-2004, 08:15 AM
that's a lovely util iq. nice 1!

278d7e64a374de26f==