PDA

View Full Version : decent online distribution? (mp3s)

Jimfish
13-09-2004, 06:44 PM
I know weve probably been here before but i was wondering if you guys know of any good sites that can distribute your records in mp3 format??
list em if you got em ;)

davethedrummer
13-09-2004, 07:49 PM
www.trackitdown.com ( i think)
is the only one i know

bk started this one but i think they're doing all kinds of electronic music.
i think they're pretty good but i don't know too much about it.

messyfuture
13-09-2004, 07:54 PM
its trackitdown.net

i registered the other day, have not bought anything off it yet but there is a decent enough range of labels and tracks.

it will also save me have to copy records to cd.......i think every label should off this sort of service for the fs and cd deck users :lol:

xfive
13-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Nufonix.com

I know for a fact that Dietrich Schonemann and Tony Rohr have the whole Hidden Agenda catalog up on there... and Ascend just started putting their catalog up too.

Other good stuff up there as well :)

xfive
13-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Nufonix.com

I know for a fact that Dietrich Schonemann and Tony Rohr have the whole Hidden Agenda catalog up on there... and Ascend just started putting their catalog up too.

Other good stuff up there as well :)

Err... not the whole catalog... but a good number at least. ;)

Antinoise
16-09-2004, 02:19 AM
I've just been looking for the same thing and www.trackitdown.com is the best I found at the moment. Not the same size library as a regular vinyl site but its getting there. I get the impression they are expanding daily.

I can't ****ing wait till we fully go the way of paying a buck or 2 and download the tracks (and every club has final scratch or equivalent as standard equipment). Everyone is afraid of the mp3 thing.. but I think the opposite. I think sales will be up and exposure across the board will be greatly improved. Instead of spending 50 bucks on 5 records (plus awful shipping).. I'll drop $25 on 12-15 tracks. At the end of the day, I've supported more artists and the actually money that gets to each artist is similar when you think about how much of that 10 bucks per record goes to all the red tape involved in vinyl. (pressing, distro, artwork........)….

Who knows how much you profit per sale on a vinyl release? Can’t be more than a buck or 2.

Antinoise
16-09-2004, 02:48 AM
oh. and to finish my rant... As long as records are 10+ bucks .. There is no denying by anyone that downloading illegal tracks into final scratch is not tempting. However.. come the day when there can be a full catalog paid site of downloadable tracks encoded direct from the master then the underground sites will fade (never completely). Complete catalogues... no searching, no worrying about quality... HELL YA! Half the shit on any P2P sites I've ever checked out is crap quality recorded from someone’s soundblaster off of scratchy vinyl anyway...

"LONG LIVE LEGAL ONE (or 2) BUCK QUALITY DOWNLOADS!!!''

tioneb
16-09-2004, 12:36 PM
oh. and to finish my rant... As long as records are 10+ bucks .. There is no denying by anyone that downloading illegal tracks into final scratch is not tempting. However.. come the day when there can be a full catalog paid site of downloadable tracks encoded direct from the master then the underground sites will fade (never completely). Complete catalogues... no searching, no worrying about quality... HELL YA! Half the shit on any P2P sites I've ever checked out is crap quality recorded from someone’s soundblaster off of scratchy vinyl anyway...

"LONG LIVE LEGAL ONE (or 2) BUCK QUALITY DOWNLOADS!!!''

whats the problem with recording on a soundblaster ??? a A/D converter is one of the most simplitic thing on earth (its just sampling analog into digital) and if i agree the D/A converters are bad ona low price soundcard , its only related to the ability to play the music and not record it !!

by the way a pro soundcard will enable you to have a higher bitrate & sampling frequency, but its totally pointless since you use a compression wthat loses data (like the mp3).

so beleive me, ripping recods with a SB is the same than ripping with a pro card !

miasma man
16-09-2004, 01:24 PM
There's also www.beatport.com as well.

heavy beats
16-09-2004, 05:21 PM
:doh:

xfive
16-09-2004, 10:37 PM
so beleive me, ripping recods with a SB is the same than ripping with a pro card !

Uhh... nope :nono:

Why do you think people use stuff like digidesign hardware to record with?
Because their hardware uses MUCH MUCH better A/D converters.... your tracks end up sounding better.

;)

Buttman
17-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Nufonix.com
Pitchadjust.com
Playittonight.com
Foryourears.com

jonnyspeed
17-09-2004, 09:24 PM
P2P is good for sets - but only has a fraction of releases. And if you're gonna buy vinyl an MP3 is just a sampler. You can also use P2P to distribute sets and take the load off servers. For example if Tribe of Munt posted Bit Torrent links you can get content from other users.

On the MP3 distribution - here's a good list...
http://www.therecordindustry.com/record-mp3sitelisting.htm

jonnyspeed
17-09-2004, 09:39 PM

Uhh... nope :nono:

Why do you think people use stuff like digidesign hardware to record with?
Because their hardware uses MUCH MUCH better A/D converters.... your tracks end up sounding better.

;)

You don't want any of that nonsense. record it off the radio.

http://blt.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pBLTSKU01-500886reg.jpg
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/Silverstream/Objectstore/Images/si-novmicro.jpg
http://www.brokenradio.de/gifs/Radio%2018.gif

jonnyspeed
17-09-2004, 09:49 PM
Top 10 tracks in the Techno section at Trackitdown.net

1 Sexuality (Ben Sims Hardgroove Remix) - Blake Baxter - Hardgroove
2 Birmingham (Ben Sims Hardgroove Remix) - Rue East - Hardgroove
3 Music Part 2 (Ben Sims Re-Edit) - Ben Sims - Hardgroove
4 Jam (Hertz Bacto Remix) - Pedro Delgardo - Ying Yang
5 Straight From The Squat Party - Chris Liberator - Trackitdown
6 Shoot 'Em Up - Alex S & Ant - SP Groove
7 Bold Manouvers (Paul Mac Remix) - DJ Bold - Symbolism
8 Moments (Sims Unreleased Mix) - Ben Sims - Hardgroove
9 A little Ying A Little Yang - Pedro Delgardo - Trackitdown
10 Jam - Pedro Delgardo - Ying Yang

The Chris Liberator one is only £6 and the other tracks are £1.50 - which would be better priced at £4 and £1.

Anyway I have a free online and massively support vinyl kind of attitude.

278d7e64a374de26f==