PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Agenda

Sunil
13-09-2004, 11:55 PM
I remember mentioning Tony Rohr and Dietrich Schonemann a while back and some of you guys were "Yeah they're ok, used to be better" or something to that effect. Man, I don't give a ****, this is one of the most happening techno labels end of story. Many labels have a run of maybe one or two standout releases then become boring again. The last four 12"s on this have been top top notch (and I hadn't heard the ones directly previous to that) - such a distinctive sound on each release, and never too predictable in arrangement. These guys know how to get a groove on, and really have an edge as far as I'm concerned, very few people I'd actually say this about. Anyway :clap:

xfive
14-09-2004, 12:00 AM
I agree 110% :clap:
The stuff they do as side three (now side four) is top notch. I'd love to see them live.. Maybe I'll just have to get them to play down here in VA.. NYC isn't that far :lol:
But yeah... so fresh :cool:

dirty_bass
14-09-2004, 12:07 AM
I`m a Fan of Rohr`s stuff. really different. I`ve got some good bits he did on Danza Electronica.

Sunil
14-09-2004, 12:11 AM
I`m a Fan of Rohr`s stuff. really different. I`ve got some good bits he did on Danza Electronica.

That could be Tony Rios, I'm not sure Tony Rohr has been on Danza? Yeah, i like his stuff too.

dirty_bass
14-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh yeah, damn my bleery eyed knackerd-ness. That`s what I get for working on a monday.

Never again.

haha

I`ve got some rohr, can`t for the life of me remember what on?
I`ll have to go through my records now :doh:

jake
14-09-2004, 05:28 AM
i love tony rohr.

jake
14-09-2004, 05:32 AM
he did that record purists kill techno.. i dunno any others off hand.. mr plurby and something the rather is some other alias of him..

thetonewrecka
14-09-2004, 03:36 PM
T. Rohr is a geeky music freak. Fun stuff and a top guy. Hey..he just got married last weekend too.

He and I do the "Professor Plurby and Dr. Etard" project together.

He has a tripped out down-tempo group called "Carlito Verde" that he's involved with as well as his solo techno and the project with Dietrich you've already mentioned.

There'll be another Plurby/Etard record on Tonewrecker next spring.

go tony go

gumpy green
14-09-2004, 03:38 PM
yadda yadda by rohr is soooooooopreb but thats all ive got....will lookout fer more.

Dustin Zahn
14-09-2004, 09:27 PM
He was just back in Minneapolis for a show and he worked it! He definetely has a lot of range with his productions. I really think in the past year and a half or so he's been getting better and better everytime he releases or I see him play live. He was playing some straight up hardcell styled techno at his recent live gig here, but he even gave a unique and fresh approach to the drumtracks thing.

tioneb
14-09-2004, 09:50 PM
yadda yadda by rohr is soooooooopreb but thats all ive got....will lookout fer more.

amazing ep !

DJ SPUDIE
15-09-2004, 12:41 AM
:neutral:

massplanck
15-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Tony Rohr makes very interesting techno.

About time someone did.

thetonewrecka
23-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Out Now..another Tony Rohr jam.

http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/CS157862-01A-BIG.jpg

278d7e64a374de26f==