PDA

View Full Version : second hand virus c

cascade
14-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Whats peoples opinions on buying a second hand synth?

i looking at a virus c synth thats a year old and going for £600.

seams to be in great condition.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38071&item=3747064 408&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

this seam ok to people or what?
:?:

AcidMutant
22-09-2004, 04:20 PM
Most of my audio gear is second hand, either I was too young when it came out the first time or couldn't afford it! Music gear is ok second hand as it tends to live indoors unless it's been gigged (most synths don't do that though).

I'd recommend you know what your buying though - i.e. go to a music shop, tell them you'd like to demo the item. Even if your getting it off E-Bay. That way you'll know a bit more about it and if it's knackered when you get it. Also I think on E-Bay it's up to the seller whether or not they take it back if broken so check that out.

Viruses tend to go a bit over-priced on E-Bay, consider looking at www.soundonsound.com - it has a readers ads section and gives you'll see what kind of prices people want for gear without the stupid bidding stuff you get on E-Bay.

Most of my stuff I picked up second hand in music shops 'cos that way you can have a fiddle first and know what kind of sounds it makes and whether or not you like it.

278d7e64a374de26f==