PDA

View Full Version : Alan Oldham newsletter

Alan Oldham
14-09-2004, 07:50 PM
MUSIC

Alan is now in his Chicago studio readying his first new tracks in over 2 years. Music for Inzec (follow-up to "Neutra") and other European labels is in the works

Oldham's track "'Bout to Bang It (DisX3 Remake)" was licensed by Miss Gayle San for her "Palazzo Vol. 2" mix CD, out now

After hitting such summertime hotspots as Mexico City, Malta, Guadalajara and San Juan, Puerto Rico, Oldham will be touring Europe as DJ T-1000 in late October, and into November. Here are the dates:

23 Oct - Florida 135 - Fraga, Spain
27 Oct - Moog Club - Barcelona, Spain

Triumusic/Pure Sonik Records French Tour
29 Oct - Duplex/Privilege - Nantes
30 Oct - 4Sans - Bordeaux
31 Oct - Venue TBA - Paris

5 Nov - Sub Club - Glasgow, Scotland

If you're in the area and want to get on Alan's guest lists, let us know

For more info and updated schedule: www.puresonikrecords.net

ART

As you may or may not know, the Alan Oldham Shop at Cafepress is up and
running. The Goth Chick lunchbox and Miss Djax mousepads are especially cool. Check it out at: www.cafeshops.com/alanoldham

The brand-new art book, "Product, Baby, Product: The Art of Alan D. Oldham" is also out now at Cafepress, previewing artwork from Oldham's latest comic project, VECTRA. Oldham cult characters JOHNNY GAMBIT and ORIETTA ST. CLOUD are also represented. Order one today

Alan is currently doing 8 new 12-inch jackets for UK label New Religion and has completed a new Miss Djax comic that hasn't seen print yet

Speaking of Miss Djax, Oldham's very first Miss Djax comic from 1992 was reprinted in the CD booklet of her latest mix CD, "Djax-It-Up"

If you'd like Alan to work his design magic on your record label/flyer/poster, etc., make contact at alan@alanoldham.com

For more info: www.alanoldham.com

WRITING

DJ, producer, illustrator, and now add published author to the canon. For those 313 heads who have been waiting for a new book on Detroit Techno, Alan's long-awaited autobiography, "The Last DJ On Earth: My Life and Times in Detroit's Techno Underworld," will soon be released in a special, limited edition.

From his beginnings as a radio personality in the late '80s at the dawn of Detroit Techno, to his eventual rise to global (semi-) fame as an international DJ, producer, label owner (Generator and Pure Sonik) and all-around artist, to his final disillusionment with and ultimate departure from Detroit, Oldham pulls no punches as he tells his story in his own uncompromising words.

The first-ever story from a true, inner-city Detroiter who was there from the beginning, and with a cast of characters that include some of the biggest techno names on the planet, "The Last DJ" is sure to spark discussion all over the world. Can you handle the truth? Over 200 pages, plus photos. More details to be announced

Questions, comments, feedback: info@alanoldham.com
info@puresonikrecords.net

Stella Boy
14-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Nice one. Shame you're only playing one gig in the UK though, be nice to see you north of the border.
Alan, have you got any links to recent mixes which may be available for my listening pleasure ?.

gunjack
15-09-2004, 07:10 AM
dang bro! you will enjoy florida 135!!!! :twisted:

ampassasinbirmingham
15-09-2004, 02:26 PM
really digging the design work. i really liked your illustration work for SPLIT also. will you not be playing another split whilst in the uk???

Alan Oldham
15-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Nice one. Shame you're only playing one gig in the UK though, be nice to see you north of the border.
Alan, have you got any links to recent mixes which may be available for my listening pleasure ?.

There's a couple on the Pure Sonik site, I don't post new mixes that often.

Alan Oldham
15-09-2004, 06:09 PM
really digging the design work. i really liked your illustration work for SPLIT also. will you not be playing another split whilst in the uk???

I don't know, it's up to Split!

ampassasinbirmingham
15-09-2004, 06:18 PM
What dates are you in uk from till???

I also gots to be getting me one of those B pitch mugs. How cool would it be to have the morning coffee ota one of those.

Where can i see more examples of your work, other than buying the book? i cant buy the book till i get a better idea of what your work is like:)

Stella Boy
15-09-2004, 10:35 PM

There's a couple on the Pure Sonik site, I don't post new mixes that often.

Can't seem to get into the downloads section on there. :eh:

278d7e64a374de26f==