PDA

View Full Version : Newbie MIDI help

hiroprotagonist
14-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Ive only got a rudimentary knowledge of midi and need some help setting up my gear.
ultimately what i need is for my radium keyboard to control the input to my rm1x and for the sound thats being played to be the virus. i have the radium hooked up to the rm1x and its working fine as a controller should. i have the virus hooked up to the midi out of the rm1x and cant seem to find what to do next. as far as i know the manual doesnt really go into detail about selecting an external tone generators patches to play. any help?

EmotionComplex
14-09-2004, 10:54 PM
ive sorted this out myself but i need to fire up the rm1x so i can remember how i actually did it....looking for the power pack now

hiroprotagonist
15-09-2004, 07:47 AM
ok this is weird. i have the rm1x tone generator bypassed and now the midi controller is playing thru the rm1x to the virus. the sequencer is working just great.....ON ONE TRACK. :doh:
im at a loss. shouldnt i be able to assign channels or something to each track? how come when i program a track with my bd, switch to track 2 and assign is a snare track one switches as well!?!?! Im starting to see the benefits of software. almost... :hmm:

EmotionComplex
15-09-2004, 12:34 PM
right i still cant find my power pack so im not sure if i can solve your problrem completly yet but in the rm1x if your operating any external hardware from it make sure the midi channel your using as a send channel is set to general midi (gm) in the voice or it will reset the hadrware patch everytime you restart the sequence. also if you goto setup on the rm1x and press it till you come to out cdhannel you can select which channels of the rm1x goto which midi outs and tone generator outs aswell as turn outs on and off

hiroprotagonist
15-09-2004, 03:38 PM
ill try that thanks :neutral:

278d7e64a374de26f==