PDA

View Full Version : Hello Techno Board!!!

DJ Corbzy
01-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Alright you techno goers, wots goin on in the world of techno then, I am going to see Dave The Drummer this saturday care of patrick. Im really looking forward to it actually, does he play dirty techno or what?

Oh yeah and what styles of techno are there? Because theres loads of different styles of trance...acid,techno,uplifting etc etc

Hope all is well in techno-land.... :D :D :D :P 8)

Esox Lucius
02-04-2003, 02:50 AM
different styles of techno, f*ck there are loads!

www.overloadmedia.co.uk

check this site out for techno info.

dave the drummer will probably be playing a mix of hard percussive techno & acid techno, should be good, have a good one mate.

Patrick
02-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Bloody hell Corbzy, remember what happened the last time you ventured in here ? :P :lol:

Have a look at the ClubDJForum. It gives a decent overview of the main styles, plus examples of the DJs and labels who play/promote that style. Obviously it's not anywhere near all of it, but it's a good intro to get an idea of who's who and what's what.
http://www.clubdjforum.com/techno.html

And then when you've read that, check out this :
http://dneproductions.hypermart.net/services/encyclopedia/

And when you've learned all your definitions off by heart, you can come back in here. But be warned we'll be testing ya. :wink:

See you saturday. 8)

DJ Corbzy
02-04-2003, 10:40 AM
hahaahah oi oi!! hehe

just wanted to know....who are "the anxious".....i kindly got that cd of mark and the tracks that they have made are fukkin hammering...oi oi.

I might just get me some techno to spin...if its like that sorta evil fast in yer face techno....mmmm wikked stuff!!

oh and patrick skoogs tunes are cool too...and marco bailey..:)

Esox Lucius
02-04-2003, 10:52 AM
the anxious is mark eg & chrissi.

DJ Corbzy
02-04-2003, 10:54 AM
IS IT!!! oi oi mark, you make some heavy techno!!!

But on the cd there are tracks by mark eg and chrissi too!! so thats like half the cd!! hehe

OI OI :D

MARKEG
02-04-2003, 12:22 PM
yeah loads of the tracks on that CD were by us - more royalties .. hehehehehe

miromiric.
02-04-2003, 12:33 PM
>>oh and patrick skoogs tunes are cool too...and marco bailey..<<

bailey`s new shoes and haircut are cool.

Dj Swannie
02-04-2003, 06:05 PM
I really rate marco bailey's production, sounds good & its a joy to mix

Corbzy: When you are next in tunes have a look at mb electronic's ( Marco bailey's label ) some crackin stuff on there. I often enjoy playing techno more than I do Trance now as there is soo much more you can do when mixing it, & also you haven't got gay timing's on tunes like you have with a fair amount of hard trance. Anyway, might see you down the kiva on saturday if I dont go to slinly & see s.h.o.k.k. & mark lash it out on some unsuspecting beer swiggerz, havent made up my mind yet !

miromiric.
02-04-2003, 06:19 PM
i really like bailey`s shoes. *ggggg*

Esox Lucius
02-04-2003, 08:15 PM
not really into bailey`s productions, they don`t do anything for me.

Adverse
02-04-2003, 08:52 PM
not really into bailey`s productions, they don`t do anything for me.

agreed.

miromiric.
02-04-2003, 10:35 PM
but u have to admit he has so beautiful long hair...and good taste for dressing up!

Tomski
03-04-2003, 10:34 AM
Techfunk, what sort of funk are you in to?

As IMO marco bailey may dress like a clown but some of his production is quite good as its relatively hard but also has that funky side,
althou some of his tend to sound quite similar. I also like quite a few tunes on session.

Wanna increase my knowledge of the funk side as i'm kinda new to that sound.

Also can the other marco bailey haters elaborate on their views, production and mixing.

Esox Lucius
03-04-2003, 11:01 AM
i`m into all sorts mate, some of my fav producers (techno wise) are

*surgeon
*ade fenton
*space djz
*the anxious
*ruskin
*glenn wilson
*inigo kennedy
*ben sims
*rue east
*regis
*stewart walker
*shufflemaster
*oliver ho
*danilo vigorito
*jay cortez
*paul mac
*gary martin
*jeff mills
*oscar mulero
*steve o`sullivan
*aril brikha
*tobias schmidt
*ian o`brien
*65d mavericks
*bandulu
*grovskopa
*fumiya tanaka
*ignition technician
*coldust
*jon nuccle
*pacou
*the advent
*paul langley
*gunjack
*rush

f*ck me the list goes on and on!

Patrick
03-04-2003, 11:08 AM
Techfunk, apart from Millsy, there's not much of a Detroit flavour to your faves. Is that an oversight ? I kinda thought from some of your other posts you would have liked that sound ?

Esox Lucius
03-04-2003, 11:27 AM
i`m into detroit techno yeah, but it`s not really a scene that i follow that much, i am more into deep techno, tribal looped stuff, jacking chicago stuff & hard dark uk stuff more.

Tomski
03-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah man I like a lot of them, but i also haven't noted a lot of them. So i'll start listening to then when i'm buying on line.

I think the best set I've ever heard in my life was Oliver Ho about a year and a half ago at the jam, i also well like his production, so I well rate him.

Ben Long is also well good but I saw him at the last jam, for the first 10 mins I was like s##t me this guy is good, but then I started to think 'please just let a tune play'. Man he was seriously trigga happy with that effects button. i would like to see him again as having said all that he looked like he'd had a fare amount of fruit that evening :roll: .

I know that rush is from chicago, and that his style is well hard, but is it no also Detroit then?

Patrick
03-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Tomski : have you checked out http://oliverho.com/ ?

Buttman
03-04-2003, 02:17 PM
*ade fenton
*ruskin
*inigo kennedy
*rue east
*regis
*oscar mulero
*65d mavericks
*grovskopa
*fumiya tanaka
*gunjack

:D :D :D :D :oops:

Elle
03-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Alright you techno goers, wots goin on in the world of techno then, I am going to see Dave The Drummer this saturday care of patrick. Im really looking forward to it actually, does he play dirty techno or what?

Oh yeah and what styles of techno are there? Because theres loads of different styles of trance...acid,techno,uplifting etc etc

Hope all is well in techno-land.... :D :D :D :P 8)

so 2 change the subject but im going on sat!! c u there! theres a load of us goin 2 afree party after in bloxworth, any 1 else goin 2 this?

Elle
03-04-2003, 09:51 PM
that was meant 2 say soz not so!! wheres the edit thingy gone??!!!

DJ Corbzy
03-04-2003, 10:28 PM
introduce yaself to me :)

red hat, quite tall, red birthmark on my face. You'll know me!!:D

Patrick
04-04-2003, 09:50 AM
Do you know who is doing the party in Bloxworth Elle ? Although there's the small matter of having to pack up all the kit and drive it back to it's home at the end of the night, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it. :cry: Sh1t, it's just dawned on me that it's my turn to drive so I'll have to stay sober :cry: :cry:
See you there people. I'll be the miserable sober b'satrd :wink:

278d7e64a374de26f==