PDA

View Full Version : People in Techno are there to help Eachother!!

Jay Sanders
15-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Well over a year ago i set up my own label, I mainly produce Trance alongside some other lads, but when i started the label i wanted it to have variety, so i decided to feature Techo remixes on the flip.

Over the past few months i have been in contact with various artists to supply these remixes for forthcoming releases, some Huge and some not... but it seems to come back to the same thing everytime!!

I ask a Trance producer aout how much they charge and they give me some babble "Well i usually charge around £1000 but seeing as your a small label ill do you a favour and do it for £600 no less"

Whereas when i ask a Techno Producer they are like "Yeah Id love to do a remix for you, is around £300 cool with you?? If not let me know and we can rarange something"

Im very in the middle of both scenes and love both Trance and Techno but what is it with some Trance producers, it all seems to go to thier heads because they've had one remix on a big label they can charge the earth, but still the Techno producers keep it on the level and dont charge the exstortionate prices and **** you over, they are soley thinking of helping you out!!

Sorry about my little rant, just gets on my nerves sometimes.

Anyone else experienced this at all???

anx
15-09-2004, 05:54 PM
it doesnt surprise me.

techno is not nearly as big as trance is. therefore, the majority of the people who are into techno, are into it because THEY LOVE IT. most of them are willing to do anything they can to get their music out there, and to push the sounds of techno.

now with trance, it is big, and alot easier to make a living out of it (and become a superstar) if you are producing it.

If you want to get into producing simply for the fact that you want to be a superstar and have a big ego, you definatly are not going to pick techno. You are going to go with what is the most popular, which is in alot of cases, trance.

now i am not saying that ALL people who are into trance are just into it because they want money and fame etc....but i would say its safe to assume that there are alot of people who are producing trance who get big, aquire big egos, and then the $$ get in their eyes....and loose sight of why they are into this scene, the music.

this is a great thread topic :)

Jay Sanders
15-09-2004, 06:17 PM
I see your point completely Anx, its a very good one indeed!!

Ive come across a few people who are well on their way to the Big Ego thing, they are'nt all that and clearly not a superstar!!!

I myself am not producing to become a superstar, id much rather not be in such limelight as some Trance DJ's are, ok i wana play out in clubs to people and i want them to enjoy it but hey i dont want to demand all the money that some Trance DJ's get paid.

My roots are Trance but im fast becoming more and more in love with Techno because of the like minded people and hapiness that i have discovered, im plain fed up with some of the snobbery in Trance.

Hats off to the Techno Lovers i say!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

anx
15-09-2004, 06:23 PM
hats off to you man

you're a trance guy with a techno attitude ;)

do you mind me asking what lable you run, and what techno people have done tracks for ya?

Jay Sanders
15-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks dude! :cool:

Yeah the label is called De Novo Records,

our first release was over a year ago and featured and original track by myself, Jon the Baptist & Iain Cross and a Acid Techno remix by Chris Liberator

Weve had some money problems over the past year, partly admittedly to my bad planning and partly to do with Alpha Magic, but hey!! but we have our second release coming out very soon which is another tune by ourselves and features a remix by DAVE The Drummer, which is really ****ing sweet i tell ya. Just sorting out all the final parts of designs and mastering and were on it, ill keep you updated tho mate.

Ive got loads planned for the label in regards to remixes, some are sorted already and other im sorting.

jonnyspeed
15-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Well over a year ago i set up my own label, I mainly produce Trance alongside some other lads, but when i started the label i wanted it to have variety, so i decided to feature Techo remixes on the flip.

Over the past few months i have been in contact with various artists to supply these remixes for forthcoming releases, some Huge and some not... but it seems to come back to the same thing everytime!!

I ask a Trance producer aout how much they charge and they give me some babble "Well i usually charge around £1000 but seeing as your a small label ill do you a favour and do it for £600 no less"

Whereas when i ask a Techno Producer they are like "Yeah Id love to do a remix for you, is around £300 cool with you?? If not let me know and we can rarange something"

Im very in the middle of both scenes and love both Trance and Techno but what is it with some Trance producers, it all seems to go to thier heads because they've had one remix on a big label they can charge the earth, but still the Techno producers keep it on the level and dont charge the exstortionate prices and **** you over, they are soley thinking of helping you out!!

Sorry about my little rant, just gets on my nerves sometimes.

Anyone else experienced this at all???

Trance (and house for that matter) is very commercial, imo. All those glow sticks and short-skirts just go to their heads ;) Techno is a family - we don't always like each other or like other families but still a family that cares more about the music than money.

keep it real - keep it tekkers

Jay Sanders
16-09-2004, 05:11 PM
Yeah, i wish that the Trance scene could be alot more like that!!!

Dont get me wrong there are alot of really, really sound people out there, but there also some Twats. :evil:

anx
16-09-2004, 06:47 PM
there are in every genre just moreso in some ;)

The Overfiend
16-09-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm loving the idea of there being techo remixes of trance songs, the only difference is arrangement. Lot of techno songs are using strings and strong Bass rolling elements that are prominent in Trance. Brilliant idea.

DJ Corbzy
17-09-2004, 12:43 AM
I'm loving the idea of there being techo remixes of trance songs, the only difference is arrangement. Lot of techno songs are using strings and strong Bass rolling elements that are prominent in Trance. Brilliant idea.

Tis a good idea init, Imagine Trance remixes of Techno tunes! :shock:

Has it been done???

gunjack
17-09-2004, 01:41 PM
Imagine Trance remixes of Techno tunes! :shock:

Has it been done???

:doh:

DJ Corbzy
17-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Imagine Trance remixes of Techno tunes! :shock:

Has it been done???

What?? :lol:

groover'z
17-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Thanks dude! :cool:

Yeah the label is called De Novo Records,

our first release was over a year ago and featured and original track by myself, Jon the Baptist & Iain Cross and a Acid Techno remix by Chris Liberator

Weve had some money problems over the past year, partly admittedly to my bad planning and partly to do with Alpha Magic, but hey!! but we have our second release coming out very soon which is another tune by ourselves and features a remix by DAVE The Drummer, which is really **** sweet i tell ya. Just sorting out all the final parts of designs and mastering and were on it, ill keep you updated tho mate.

Ive got loads planned for the label in regards to remixes, some are sorted already and other im sorting.

hey man... really liked your 1st release... chris' rmx of course... :clap:
wanna see the 2nd one out man!!! ;)

The Overfiend
17-09-2004, 03:05 PM

Tis a good idea init, Imagine Trance remixes of Techno tunes! :shock:

Has it been done???

Jay Sanders
17-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Only a matter of time Groover'z, The next few weeks for sure!!

Thanks for your comments SummerOfSam me ol mucker, i wanted to give the label more variety when i set it up, not the usual Trance A-Side with a Trance B-Side almost the same as the S.... too Easy if you ask me!!

Im looking into loads of top techno producers at the moment, basically just to take the parts of the track and strip it right down in how they feel suitable.

Sir Dick Van Dyk has just got Chris Liebing to do a Techno remix of a Full on Tancey number on Vandit, good workout from Mr Liebing if i do say so.

Jay Sanders
17-09-2004, 03:15 PM
Sorry some of that last post didnt make sense, eating lunch while typing.... not too Good!! :doh: :doh:

Louk
04-10-2004, 01:42 PM
cant agree with you more mate some of the remix fees trance producers charge are monstrous

though some producers have done me a very good deal - theres more of a doing it for the music feel to techno than doing it for the £ i believe

Louk

reality
04-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey hats off to you for trying something new..and def. for trying to merge two very different scenes.....Like what was said before we Techno loving cats are like a family within the family ya know....we are hated by many due to misundestandings of music and attitude but we are very open to bringing in people to add to our family thats constantly growing and evolving...

Ive been spinning for 10yrs now and i first started when trance was trance and wasnt so progressive......so i can understand your love for it but ive been into techno for 8yrs now and have some trax put together , ive made some trance some hardcore and most importantly to me at least some techno trax...and i can see a curiousity in mixing the two together and who better for you to do that with than Chris and DAVE these are two guys that have brought Techo and TechTrance together out in the open...Good Job dude...

KEEP IT TECHNO

Jay Sanders
05-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks for your kind comments Mr Reality, im sure you know exactly what im thinking by the looks of how your style has progressed!!

When i put out De Novo 1 i just wanted to do something a little different than all the other Trance labels out there, im not saying im the first to do it but it suited me!!

Ive got some nice little remixes lined up over the next few months so keep your eye out,

;)

278d7e64a374de26f==