PDA

View Full Version : Marco Bailey - New Intec release

Fake DJ
15-09-2004, 08:46 PM
got this today, think the a side is quality stuff, mint as ****! really diggin bailey stuff at moment, but tbh always digged it lol

Frank Dogshit
15-09-2004, 08:52 PM
bailey and intec,what a combo!class. :clap:

Sunil
15-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Pretty shite release I thought. Bailey does nothing interesting again :clap:

Tiptoe
15-09-2004, 08:56 PM

word :rambo:

Adverse
16-09-2004, 08:42 PM

:clap:

tioneb
16-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Pretty shite release I thought. Bailey does nothing interesting again :clap: :clap:

Frank Dogshit
16-09-2004, 09:22 PM
bollocks to it,i wont be sarcy again.

yeah its shit. :clap:

eyes without a face
16-09-2004, 09:25 PM
this is poor stuff indeed

dirty_bass
17-09-2004, 01:48 AM
Just sounds like more housey, chordey, shuffley pop techno to me.
Probably took him half a day to make this record. And I bet he made it whilst yawning and scribbling down his earnings for that month.

Rog
17-09-2004, 05:05 PM
with such a review you all banged tha nail in the coffin for even picking it up to listen - ah well :crackup:

dirty_bass
17-09-2004, 05:28 PM
Pretty scathing, but really, I`ve not heard a good intec for a long time.
And bailey on a commercial label is kinda like having a cheese sandwhich with a side order of cheese sticks and melted mozzarella.

fatcollective
17-09-2004, 05:36 PM
yes im gonna be the odd one out but i wouldnt say it was SHIT...its crapper than some of his other stuff...but its groovey and it will deffo work on the dance floor. (call me a bitch i dont care :lol:)

fitipaldi
17-09-2004, 05:51 PM
cheese sandwhich with a side order of cheese sticks and melted mozzarella.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cheese sandwhich with a side order of cheese sticks and melted mozzarella :lol:

Frank Dogshit
17-09-2004, 06:48 PM
not forgettin a 50lb block of lancashire blue to eat with your biscuits afterwards. :love:

fatcollective
17-09-2004, 07:54 PM
i seriously dont think its that cheesey...it aint hard or grinding .....its club techno...and we are in the hard/CLUB TECHNO section ..right?

Fake DJ
17-09-2004, 08:45 PM
i seriously dont think its that cheesey...it aint hard or grinding .....its club techno...and we are in the hard/CLUB TECHNO section ..right?

neither do i, i think its good, mayb its not cool to like marco bailey at the moment :roll:

oldbugger
17-09-2004, 09:18 PM

neither do i, i think its good, mayb its not cool to like marco bailey at the moment :roll:

its nothing groundbreaking ....but so f'ckin what?.

not a fan of the Ep but housey loopy techno is cool to some of us.
It sure gets slagged off a lot here but there are a lot of us out there that do actually appreciate this kind of sound. (although i do agree this tune is a tad cheesy)

Intec gets slagged to f'ck too..ok so they do have some really shit releases but c'mon i bet you all wouldnt mind having some of their sucess.
Its a lable that releases big tunes... so f'ckin what there on the right lines..its hardly like tidy trax or anything.

good luck to intec i say.

Frank Dogshit
17-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Probably took him half a day to make this record. And I bet he made it whilst yawning and scribbling down his earnings for that month.

thats why we dont like the ep,its nothing to do with it being marco bailey whatsoever. :lol:

who knows fergie will be in on intec next and youll be bigging that fisherprice,30 minutes to produce techno up too.

oldbugger
17-09-2004, 09:27 PM

thats why we dont like the ep,its nothing to do with it being marco bailey whatsoever. :lol:

who knows fergie will be in on intec next and youll be bigging that fisherprice,30 minutes to produce techno up too.

i dont quite think intec are ready to drop to thoses depths just yet..

dirty_bass
17-09-2004, 10:27 PM
They already have.
I did like this kinda stuff about 4 years ago, but it has gone nowwhere.
Look at the intec releases from the start and tell me this latest track is a progression.

oldbugger
17-09-2004, 10:37 PM
i'll give you that...there is no progression at all..im not a big fan or anything but im just sticking up for housey loopy techno as its getting a rough time..

tbh though intec have relesed some quality stuff (at the time) it just got a little over played.

intec 001 with smith and selways MOVE was quality at the time..still love it now. also Deetrons alen entertainment ep was class.
also oxia - hypnotic....awesome stuff...

MangaFish
17-09-2004, 10:50 PM
carl cox is my favouite DJ, but i cant really get into intec. it seems to be the worst bits of funky house and the worst bits of techno thrown together.

that said, i am a closet fan of 'jusk kick', not that i would ever play it out in public mind :dontevengothere:

as for marco bailey, i cant say i listen out for the guy, but i'm sure i've heard some good stuff by him on MB Electronics.

Frank Dogshit
18-09-2004, 12:00 AM
[quote="MangaFish"]
that said, i am a closet fan of 'jusk kick', not that i would ever play it out in public mind :dontevengothere:
[quote]

oh dear.

MangaFish
18-09-2004, 12:47 AM
[quote="MangaFish"]
[quote]

oh dear.

:lol:

its one of those records i stick on at home if i'm in a cheesy cheerful mood. doubt it would mix well with most of my other techno stuff :lol:

sash
18-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Leandro Gamez's 'Domestica' ep on Intec goes pretty good. it's a bloody tops ep that one mate, bloody tops!

Rog
18-09-2004, 02:27 AM
im puttong kick it on my next mix - i like it :oops:

The Overfiend
18-09-2004, 04:32 AM
Why dont we just all put a pic on the wall, and throw darts at him for crying out loud. Granted he makes make minimal efforted tracks right now, from a production point of view that is purely obvious. But let us totally not forget his stuff from 1998 to 2001. Anyone denying those years of his career with Redhead.............

Adverse
18-09-2004, 09:05 AM
:roll:

oldbugger
18-09-2004, 09:50 AM
cant forget visions of you either on the intec good list ;)

killarava2day
18-09-2004, 09:53 AM
Strike me down as being tasteless, but I brought this and it is an excellent club track.

oldbugger
18-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Strike me down as being tasteless, but I brought this and it is an excellent club track.

your just sooooooo uncool ;)

:nono:

The Overfiend
18-09-2004, 12:28 PM
:roll:

Oh sorry did I say something that wasn't up to the Mark B standard?
:dontevengothere:

dirty_bass
18-09-2004, 01:50 PM
Why dont we just all put a pic on the wall, and throw darts at him for crying out loud. Granted he makes make minimal efforted tracks right now, from a production point of view that is purely obvious. But let us totally not forget his stuff from 1998 to 2001. Anyone denying those years of his career with Redhead.............

Well, it`s only this particular release that is getting darted, not bailey in general.
My beef is that I know the man can rock the show. So why isn`t he? Why accept or make anything from the mindset of mediocrity?
This record, is beige wallpaper for an ideal home.
Techno isn`t pop music, but in some ways, productions like this water down the meaning behind techno.
Sure, there`s nothing wrong with making something, that has mass appeal, chords, a bit of funk, a bit of groove etc
But it can be done with an original approach, and genuine spirit and soul.
Earlier bailey stuff (especially the redhead time) hit the right level of creativity and commercial appeal.

fatcollective
18-09-2004, 02:06 PM
maybe he produced this track for the labels taste ...they probably wanted something funky and housey...after all the label is that type isnt it...i know some Intecs have been class but the label is going in other directions (housey directions) and i dont think we should slag it... im not being a bitch, but it seems as though people are equalling this tune to something Kylie Minougue has done...it aint that bad boys....

dirty_bass
18-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Sure, there`s nothing wrong with making something, that has mass appeal, chords, a bit of funk, a bit of groove etc
But it can be done with an original approach, and genuine spirit and soul.

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 02:23 PM
i think those most against it are those who know just how little effort has gone into producing this record. There are people on this forum whose music is in a different league to the tripe Marco Bailey rushes out each month, and these are people who havent even had a release!

this is a poor, poor, poor record indeed..... Marco Bailey in my honest opinion needs to take a look at whats he's doing and have a serious rethink, as Dirty said this sorta productions just take away the real meaning and feeling that techno holds for alot of us

DONT BUY THIS RECORD! haha ;)

oldbugger
18-09-2004, 03:00 PM
i think those most against it are those who know just how little effort has gone into producing this record. There are people on this forum whose music is in a different league to the tripe Marco Bailey rushes out each month, and these are people who havent even had a release!

this is a poor, poor, poor record indeed..... Marco Bailey in my honest opinion needs to take a look at whats he's doing and have a serious rethink, as Dirty said this sorta productions just take away the real meaning and feeling that techno holds for alot of us

DONT BUY THIS RECORD! haha ;)

not everyone gives a f*ck how the record was made..some of us still actually like a tune that feels good to dance to or whatever (call me old fashioned) You can't half talk a good tune though,,

too much talking about what makes a good track bores the shit out of me..just make something decent instead. :dontevengothere:

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 03:14 PM
too much talking about what makes a good track bores the shit out of me..just make something decent instead

well i hope that wasnt aimed at me personally, because i have made tracks that wud make Marco Bailey run home to his mother and ask her to look after him for the rest of his life, and thats not being arrogant, its the truth... and there are people on this board who would support that comment too haha

true not everyone cares how the record was made, but its simple, a bad, cheaply made and rushed record will always be a bad, cheaply made and rushed record.... i.e THIS RECORD IN QUESTION!

dirty_bass
18-09-2004, 03:18 PM
exactly.
I love good music. And I love to dance. I still spend hours in front of a soundsystem dancing, whether I`ve played, or am just a punter.
But, I don`t go to sharon and tracy clubs and dance to britney spears.
And some of her tunes are wuite catchy. And have a good beat.

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 03:20 PM
:lol:

oldbugger
18-09-2004, 03:29 PM
too much talking about what makes a good track bores the shit out of me..just make something decent instead

well i hope that wasnt aimed at me personally, because i have made tracks that wud make Marco Bailey run home to his mother and ask her to look after him for the rest of his life, and thats not being arrogant, its the truth... and there are people on this board who would support that comment too haha

true not everyone cares how the record was made, but its simple, a bad, cheaply made and rushed record will always be a bad, cheaply made and rushed record.... i.e THIS RECORD IN QUESTION!

well everything i have taken the time to listen to of yours i actually thought was wank. although i was far too polite to say it.

But you cant half talk a good track.
Grow up for fu*ks sake.

end of chat...

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 03:31 PM
haha

thats kewl, id rather u say it was wank than lick my arse and say they were good.... which u did, how strange!!! hahahaha

i know the people who matter like my tracks, so thats good enough for me....

grow up? haha, no thanks, i wouldnt wanna end up like you ;)

oldbugger
18-09-2004, 03:35 PM
haha

thats kewl, id rather u say it was wank than lick my arse and say they were good.... which u did, how strange!!! hahahaha

i know the people who matter like my tracks, so thats good enough for me....

grow up? haha, no thanks, i wouldnt wanna end up like you ;)

where did i ever say that? i think i said i didnt like anything you ever posted.. i once said was was ok..nothing special though.

im not arguing with you about this..evryone is entitled to an opinion. not quite sure where u got this elitism bit in your head though..

:dontevengothere:

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 03:38 PM
haha, you used to post on the bugged board laddy when i posted tracks up, and i recall a few good comments from you hahaha

Elitism? haha, far from it, those who know me properly know i cudnt be any further away from being elitist.... you only know my internet personna hahaha.. same with you, in real life you might be a really sound geezer who knows what he is on about.....

altho your probably not ;)

oldbugger
18-09-2004, 03:42 PM
haha, you used to post on the bugged board laddy when i posted tracks up, and i recall a few good comments from you hahaha

Elitism? haha, far from it, those who know me properly know i cudnt be any further away from being elitist.... you only know my internet personna hahaha.. same with you, in real life you might be a really sound geezer who knows what he is on about.....

altho your probably not ;)

i actually remember you sulking at the comments. i said on most your tracks that i thought they were shit although i did say i kinda liked one (red something was it?,,,quite a funky one) the rest i didnt bother commenting on as it was getting embarrasing tbh.

anyway....again end of chat. you pissing me off now

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 03:45 PM
well you've just said there that u kinda liked one, yet earlier u said EVERYTHING you heard of mine was wank? please get ur lies.... er i mean story in order please dude!

i dont care if im pissin u off, i dont know you personally so therefore your mental state is of no concern to me dude....

hope u feel better soon

oldbugger
18-09-2004, 03:59 PM
Any road keep in touch! That Gray should stop making shit `funky` loops now that he has no where to post it to! thank god

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 04:04 PM
hilarious ..... loving it!

dan the acid man
18-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Anybody that see's my posts in the files section, will know i speak the truth when replying to tracks posted, i have never thought any of eye's without a face's track's have been an embarresment, he is showing real talent in his writing.
You really shouldnt have turned this into a personal attack on somebody

eyes without a face
18-09-2004, 04:31 PM
thankin u dude

oldbugger
18-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Anybody that see's my posts in the files section, will know i speak the truth when replying to tracks posted, i have never thought any of eye's without a face's track's have been an embarresment, he is showing real talent in his writing.
You really shouldnt have turned this into a personal attack on somebody

if you care to read back on this post and the drugs post you will see i wasnt turning anything into a personal attack...far from it.

278d7e64a374de26f==