PDA

View Full Version : Mills on Radio 1 last night

Francisco Scaramanga
16-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Did anyone else catch the John Peel show last night? He had Jeff Mills doing a live mix for him, and it was something else entirely. I've heard Mills play some way out stuff, but last night was the most surprised he's ever left me. The set truly was an inspiration, but not in the common techno sense, he started with some Micheal Jackson, and played loadsa funk and soul (motown!) throuhgout the set, Aretha Franklin and the like, but threw in loads of detroit techno classics, stuff from May, Saunderson, Baxter, and he played The Bells, then mixed the White Stripes 7 nation army into it, and after that, he went all mental on the 909. Perhaps not what you'd expect at 2am in a club - but - WHAT A SET!

Check it out on the Radio 1 website if possible, and, Laurent Garnier is on John Peel tonight, with the second half of last nights set, so that one will no doubt be pretty damn good as well.

miss bass
16-09-2004, 12:15 PM
yeh check insane assylum ;) we were typing as it happened :)

PLayed some decent shit, then mowtown hahaha quality!! I was bopping :)

The it left on Carl Craig- Tred Demented :cry: noooo

Love that tune

ampassasinbirmingham
16-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Did anyone else catch the John Peel show last night? He had Jeff Mills doing a live mix for him, and it was something else entirely. I've heard Mills play some way out stuff, but last night was the most surprised he's ever left me. The set truly was an inspiration, but not in the common techno sense, he started with some Micheal Jackson, and played loadsa funk and soul (motown!) throuhgout the set, Aretha Franklin and the like, but threw in loads of detroit techno classics, stuff from May, Saunderson, Baxter, and he played The Bells, then mixed the White Stripes 7 nation army into it, and after that, he went all mental on the 909. Perhaps not what you'd expect at 2am in a club - but - WHAT A SET!

Check it out on the Radio 1 website if possible, and, Laurent Garnier is on John Peel tonight, with the second half of last nights set, so that one will no doubt be pretty damn good as well.

i can no longer play 7 nation army in my sets now:(:(. and i thought i was original

miss bass
16-09-2004, 11:15 PM

i can no longer play 7 nation army in my sets now:(:(. and i thought i was original

sooooo old now :roll: infact annoying

ampassasinbirmingham
17-09-2004, 12:44 AM

sooooo old now :roll: infact annoying

You dissing me Biatch ;)

TechMouse
17-09-2004, 11:04 AM

Surely loads of people have been dropping that ever since it came out - especially after Adam Freeland did that bootleg of it? (I know that's not Techno - please don't hit me).

doc12inch
17-09-2004, 12:26 PM
could someone (if they find it) post a dload link for it - ill try the usual places suprnova and soulseek and all that, but that would be cool if someone posts it cus i was a tool and missed it.

phew wat a mouthfull

Traxx
17-09-2004, 01:01 PM
could someone (if they find it) post a dload link for it - ill try the usual places suprnova and soulseek and all that, but that would be cool if someone posts it cus i was a tool and missed it.

phew wat a mouthfull

you willl be able to listen to it again on the radio 1 web-site for a week.

doc12inch
17-09-2004, 01:03 PM

phew wat a mouthfull

you willl be able to listen to it again on the radio 1 web-site for a week.

i know but its not the same as having on yr mp3 player down the gym :lol:

basslinejunkie
17-09-2004, 02:11 PM
any1 listen 2 garnier last nite?? any good??

MangaFish
17-09-2004, 11:01 PM
any1 listen 2 garnier last nite?? any good??

i wanted to, but fell asleep :doh:

gonna go check the radio1 site now in the hope they've been uplaoded like the essential mixes are

NooNoo
19-09-2004, 12:23 PM
Excellent stuff, will check the radio 1 siet and see its up for listen.

tioneb
19-09-2004, 12:44 PM
mills and garnier mixes are very good

the garnier one is very similar to the one he uses for a movie soundtrack... i advise all of u to see this if u have the occasion

MangaFish
19-09-2004, 07:08 PM
jeff mills link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_aod.shtml?peel_wed#
its starts a little way into 57mins

not got as far as listening to the garnier mix yet....

278d7e64a374de26f==