PDA

View Full Version : what happened to Aaron Liberator post ?

G-whizz
16-09-2004, 04:51 PM
:eh:

disco diva
16-09-2004, 05:44 PM
I asked the same thing in serious? :eh:

fatcollective
16-09-2004, 05:45 PM
was'nt it supposed to be in the acid techno forum anyway...i would check in there mate :?:

~cheeky~
16-09-2004, 05:48 PM
prob because there wernt that many mature opinions being posted just insults esp on the last page :roll:

Evil G
16-09-2004, 06:32 PM
that's too bad somebody had to ruin it. it was going alone nicely before that, i thought.

The Overfiend
16-09-2004, 06:47 PM
prob because there wernt that many mature opinions being posted just insults esp on the last page :roll:

Bingo.
Some people really disappoint me in their views,
We are here to represent the techno community.
Not to shun other cummunities that are found here on this very forum.
Either read the rules or don't post at all.

I wont have people on this forum slag other genres, I just can't allow it.

Patrick
16-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Was the entire thread removed because of a couple of posts ?

The Overfiend
16-09-2004, 07:04 PM

As to not arouse emotions and give the impression that we support ignorant comments.

Sunil
16-09-2004, 07:09 PM
In all fairness it was inevitable, hardhouse always attracts negative comments esp. in techno forums. The recent discussion was one we've had here many times before anyway.

eyes without a face
16-09-2004, 07:16 PM
i must say i was annoyed that the post got taken down, as id just typed a very detailed and large post with my views........

Patrick
16-09-2004, 07:21 PM

As to not arouse emotions and give the impression that we support ignorant comments.

Fair enough, I understand your thinking. It just seems a bit harsh on the people who made sensible contributions to the thread. And it was Aaron's first post on the forum 'n' all.

Kind of a no win scenario I guess.
Personally I don't like any sort of moderation/censorship, and I'm pretty good at just ignoring threads that turn into mud-slinging sessions. But I accept Mark has made his decision on how he wants the forum to be and you've got to enforce it as you see fit. It ain't my house so feel free to ignore my ultra-liberal witterings ;) :lol:

MARKEG
16-09-2004, 07:44 PM
i must say, on this particular case, i feel for the people that spent ages writing in real good replies at the beginning. i read alot of them and some were really going somewhere. i didn't see how it all went at the end but sam is the mod and he had his eye on it and obviously it just became a hard house hating load of bollox. anyway i like the way sam is making this place miles more constructive.

trust that aaron chap to create such a stir on his first post. we'll have to keep an eye on that boy :lol:

*mark gets ready with tissue to wipe up aaron's next mess*

miss bass
16-09-2004, 07:53 PM
silly Aaron :lol:

MangaFish
16-09-2004, 07:53 PM
:lol:

fatcollective
16-09-2004, 08:01 PM
it was a certian debate anyway....some mixed reactions i must say!
i thought it was a good point myself ....at the end of te day (and no im not statring an argument :rambo:) but the Hardhouse scene is definately leaning towards the techno thang !!!!!!!!!!!! (and no im not a hardhouse fan so fu*k off ..hehehehe) also has there ever been a topic about a topic ah :lol: (more than likely hahaahaha) but ya know :shock:

jonnyspeed
16-09-2004, 08:02 PM
The Hard House thread was unfortunate for a couple of reasons, in my mind. Firstly that Aaron had put togther an open and articulate question that was abused and secondly the fact that it was his first post. i have 100% respect for Aaron and hope he posts again. On that note, it would be nice if ANT came back too, after his short-lived contribution to the thread on Geezer - which again was less than positive especially about one of his friends. I know I ain't whiter than white, but I think its fair to say that the majority of people on this board electronic love music and are pretty nice people - Mark has built a really nice community here.

miss bass
16-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Yes I am a thoroughly nice person thank Jonny :lol:

No in all seriousness.

I tried to almost chill down some of the comments on here.

I hate hard house to be honest, even when iv tried to listen and somehow appreciate it, but like i was saying, if your a hard houser and want to play some techno then fairplay, music is for EVERYONE!!!!!!And for everyone to ENJOY , REMEMBER THAT. It makes no odds to me if my mate Dion wants to play shit ;) jOke :) its up to the individual.

So who cares who jumps on the 'bandwagon' if there is one?????

I just play what i like, and i dont expect people to 'persecute' me for it. Each to there own, and lets just be grateful we bloody have MUSIC!!!!

or else id have no life :cry:

The Overfiend
16-09-2004, 08:29 PM
The Hard House thread was unfortunate for a couple of reasons, in my mind. Firstly that Aaron had put togther an open and articulate question that was abused and secondly the fact that it was his first post. i have 100% respect for Aaron and hope he posts again. On that note, it would be nice if ANT came back too, after his short-lived contribution to the thread on Geezer - which again was less than positive especially about one of his friends. I know I ain't whiter than white, but I think its fair to say that the majority of people on this board electronic love music and are pretty nice people - Mark has built a really nice community here.

Indeed. I really Hope Aaron does post again.

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 09:23 PM
i agree with jonny here, i have a hell of alot of repect for Aaron, I hope you keep posting.

I also have to agree with miss bass, at the end of the day, music is music.

mek
16-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions about dif. types of music.

If I make an MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice bashing thread will it be deleted?

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 10:32 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinions about dif. types of music.

If I make an MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice bashing thread will it be deleted?

stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hammertime!!! :lol:

mek
16-09-2004, 10:38 PM
http://www.techno-truth.com/activeduty.jpg.jpg

romelpotter
16-09-2004, 11:05 PM
heheh I bust my ma's stylus playing ICE ICE BAby backwards :doh: i swear that it said "Can you hear the sounds of satan say hello" :shock:

im not a deaside lovin upsidedown cross brandin devil fan, i just wanted to fek up my bro's redord hehehe suppose i could of just smashed it on my head :twisted: :twisted:

miss bass
16-09-2004, 11:05 PM
I also have to agree with miss bass, at the end of the day, music is music.

god its about time :roll:

;)

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 11:40 PM
god its about time :roll:

we cant have men agreeing with women too often now can we, what will the world come to :lol: :lol:

miss bass
16-09-2004, 11:45 PM
we cant have women agreeing with men too often now can we, what will the world come to :lol: :lol:

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 11:46 PM
yes but we make the most sense, and the wisest decisions :liar:

miss bass
16-09-2004, 11:47 PM
yes but we make the most sense, and the wisest decisions :liar:

yeh when told by a woman

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 11:50 PM
but then your always asking our advice, because we are so wise, things like: shall i wear this or this?, does this make my bum look big? ;)

miss bass
16-09-2004, 11:53 PM
but then your always asking our advice, because we are so wise, things like: shall i wear this or this?, does this make my bum look big? ;)

Yeh exactly, the insignificant things
;)

dan the acid man
17-09-2004, 12:00 AM
insignificant :roll: :lol: :lol:

miss bass
17-09-2004, 12:01 AM
insignificant :roll: :lol: :lol:

yep you said. See you learning.... ;)

dan the acid man
17-09-2004, 12:03 AM

miss bass
17-09-2004, 12:09 AM

:doh:

dan the acid man
17-09-2004, 12:32 AM
:doh:

what's that for,i was just laughing :doh: :roll: :lol:

G-whizz
17-09-2004, 09:22 AM
i must say, on this particular case, i feel for the people that spent ages writing in real good replies at the beginning. i read alot of them and some were really going somewhere. i didn't see how it all went at the end but sam is the mod and he had his eye on it and obviously it just became a hard house hating load of bollox. anyway i like the way sam is making this place miles more constructive.

trust that aaron chap to create such a stir on his first post. we'll have to keep an eye on that boy :lol:

*mark gets ready with tissue to wipe up aaron's next mess*

Have to agree with you there mark , sam does a bl**dy good job !

miss bass
17-09-2004, 09:33 AM
I just feel that it shouldnt even be seen as 'jumping on bandwagons'!!!??

I mean, whats all that about!!?? If we like tunes from different genres, so what!!?? Isnt that showing how diverse one can be rather than just being narrow-minded??

It should be seen as a compliment how people are going out of their way to appreciate another style, i.e. techno

I do not like the idea of band-wagons, that is purely RIDICULOUS.
I shall say it again, music is for EVERYONE. Therefore not one person should bother another person of what style they are into. We all should have our opinons on music, but not in a way to offend others or even as a way to dictate to others what is good and what is bad.
Yes, i may say, 'i dont like that' etc like everyone, but yet i still appreciate other views.

jonnyspeed
17-09-2004, 10:19 AM
I think Dan loves Natasha.

Now we know you, now we know you... you love her.

dan the acid man
17-09-2004, 10:31 AM
I think Dan loves Natasha.

Now we know you, now we know you... you love her.

:lol: :lol: you nutter :lol:

disco diva
17-09-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi guys, I just wanted to say if any of my replies yesterday came across as rude or ought like it, then I apologize. I just wanted to get across my points as a lover of HH & most other genres for that, that to keep reading blatant, nasty posts ref it is annoying. I am sure if I posted something along the lines ref the genre you liked/loved you would also come it's defence ;)

i appreciate there are some genres we dislike & we are all ENTITLED to these opinions but sometimes how we word them on a forum can read back, how do say disrespectful, not that im asking for respect...

*RESPECT ME MY BIATCHES* :lol:

Anyway again apologies if I upset ;)

detfella
17-09-2004, 12:10 PM
it's all just organised noise :roll:

gumpy green
17-09-2004, 12:33 PM
damm shame if you ask me.

summin if feel strongly about but because its a negative view toward a style, it gets taken down.

shame, at the end of the day not everyone agreess with each other but we should be able to have a debate about it and share views(even if they are negative)....so what if a style gets dissed, you should still be able to look passed that if you love that style...i mean my dad disses all music i play, dont mean ima listen to him.

nothing worse than having everyone all being "yes men"....

jonnyspeed
17-09-2004, 01:05 PM
its all rubbish that dance music stuff - all sounds the blood same and just gives me a headache. I don't see why the police don't arrest you druggies and give you long prison sentences.

G-whizz
17-09-2004, 01:16 PM
its all rubbish that dance music stuff - all sounds the blood same and just gives me a headache. I don't see why the police don't arrest you druggies and give you long prison sentences.

sounds like my old man !

278d7e64a374de26f==