PDA

View Full Version : drumcode 26

Adverse
02-04-2003, 05:35 AM
sorry i'm an on again off again fan of this label.. this record proves why..

just ugly and weak tunes. i heard the clips on tuneinn.com

tekboi
02-04-2003, 03:23 PM
I'm with ya on this, very disappointing release, how can drumcode have a release containing acid basslines, they have drifted from their form a long time ago I reckon, they need to get back into the groove again.

gunjack
02-04-2003, 04:15 PM
hardly a surprise is it?

death on a stick
02-04-2003, 05:23 PM
There are only 2 or 3 decent releases on Drumcode and they all came out before 1998. That genre is so tired, it's time for a new direction. Beyer has tried it with Ignition Key...let's hope he succeeds sometime in the future.

Esox Lucius
02-04-2003, 08:17 PM
any recent drumcode releases have been rubbish imo, is it just me or do they all sound the same?

Adverse
02-04-2003, 08:50 PM
techn funk this one doesn't listen and reply ;)

Paul Zykotik
03-04-2003, 01:15 PM
any recent drumcode releases have been rubbish imo, is it just me or do they all sound the same?

Pretty much. Only the double packs have been any good in the last 3 or 4 years - Sound Identification, Remainings III and Protechtion were all very good, tho not outstanding...

I'm all for hard loops but a lot of this stuff is beginning to sound the same...

Esox Lucius
03-04-2003, 01:22 PM
i`m into remainings III the dk mix, apart from that i`m not really into any of it.

Dustin Zahn
04-04-2003, 10:00 PM
I'm a pretty big drumcode fan but even I was dissapointed.

People have been saying, "Well, they're just trying to do an old school record." or whatever, but the fact is, DC pulled it off a lot better years ago.

Sunil
06-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Think this is a great record even if it isn't typical drumcode fare. I have been dissappointed with some of Beyer's recent releases though, in fact any of the techno ones have been remixes and generally collaborations, the one on Intec was very bad and the one he's done for the next release on MB Elektronics isn't really up to much either; the one on The Advent's Recreations LP with Peter Benisch was slightly lazy too... doesn't seem his heart's into making hard techno nowadays, although that may change at some stage depending how absorbed he gets with the Truesoul stuff..

Paul Nisbet
06-05-2003, 06:47 PM
ave heard the picotto tune, and its ****in rockin imo.

Paul Nisbet
07-05-2003, 07:47 PM
ave heard the picotto tune, and its ****in rockin imo.

Wrong, post. I just realised. lol.

doh

crime
10-05-2003, 10:03 PM
strange, it's the first thing on drumcode I've heard in ages that I actually liked, production is wicked...

Maybe it's because it sounds a bit different to the usual drumcode fare that it's not so popular here, I personally find that tribal loop sound pretty dull....
I must say I got sent it though, so i didn't have to make the choice on whether to buy it or not...

anx
10-05-2003, 11:23 PM
i think that 26 is one of the better ones to come out in a while actually
theres somethin about it that i really like, the production rules, the change ups are subtle but sweet

Adverse
11-05-2003, 07:45 PM
sorry i'm an on again off again fan of this label.. this record proves why..

just ugly and weak tunes. i heard the clips on tuneinn.com

massplanck
12-05-2003, 06:07 PM
i love it. it will be the first DC release i've bought in 1 1/2 years. savage.....

hopefully they'll keep innovation and wont return to the same boring old formula. some of the latest release were shite. a couple of the double packs were good though..

MARKEG
12-05-2003, 07:38 PM
mmmm... very interesting. i quite liked what it was trying to do if i'm being honest. i didn't buy it though (which says alot in itself) cause i've heard other stuff like this over the years. it was nothing new at all. how the hell this can be no 1 in tune inn's top 10 i'll never know.

but it's a little different from drumcode - isn't that a good thing?

Dustin Zahn
12-05-2003, 08:04 PM
i didn't buy it though cause i've heard other stuff like this over the years. it was nothing new at all. how the hell this can be no 1 in tune inn's top 10 i'll never know.

but it's a little different from drumcode - isn't that a good thing?

Mark has the same thoughts as me on this one. It's a nice try and change up, but its been done better in the past. As for it being #1 in the Tune Inn chart, a lot of people will buy the record just because it's drumcode, regardless of how it sounds.

Xtraction
29-05-2003, 02:57 AM
very past, i might agree. what happened to the drive Drumcode used to push? oh well, they'll pull a good one soon.

Tr3v0r

meri
29-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Wasn't blown away by the original........ but who's heard 142 LTD (Drumcode 26,5)??

There's a good Joel Mull mix and an even better version by Jesper Dahlbeck. Nasty twisted bizness and a ridiculously loud pressing :twisted: .

anx
29-05-2003, 07:27 PM
boo my copy is warped and wont keep time
i was mixing it and it made me look like a fool cause it train wrecked like crazy

278d7e64a374de26f==