PDA

View Full Version : IF A TECHNO NIGHT WAS ON A FRIDAY ?

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Hi people i'm just trying to get a feel for what the techno people think ....
first off in the north west would you be up for going to a techno night on a friday month in month out?

if your not into fridays what djs would make you go out on a friday?

miss bass
16-09-2004, 08:26 PM
friday nights??? house of god was on fridays wasnt it?

:eh: im confused im having an i'should be blonde ' moment i think???

help!!!

HELP!>>WPOU V)

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 08:32 PM
:lol:
I've been to some wicked friday nighters...
but i'm just trying to see what yall think about fridays and most of all what djs would make shure you come to the venue?

oldbugger
16-09-2004, 08:51 PM
friday nights are much better IMO, I'd choose friday over saturday everytime if i could. Much more time to recover :lol:

miss bass
16-09-2004, 08:56 PM
FRDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS :clap:

Yeh good old fri nights, i like them

miasma man
16-09-2004, 09:03 PM
I'm not really up for going out on a Friday night anymore cos when I've been working hard all week I just wanna chill, get a good nights sleep and then go out on Saturday when I'm feeling much more refreshed, sociable, active etc. I'm 28 now so maybe it's cos I'm getting old! I also work most Saturdays on my own stuff so I need to be able to work in the morning. Interesting subject actually cos this was the cause of mucho argument and upset with my ex girlfriend...

However, I would probably make the effort on a Friday if the following were playing nearby:

Headroom DJ's - all 3
Heiko Laux
Laurent Garnier
Squarepusher
Kevin Saunderson
Advent / G Flame
Steve Stoll
Richie Hawtin
Mark EG - electro and techno tho, not trance
Alan Oldham
Juan Atkins
DJ Hell
Eric Powell
Robert Hood
Luke Slater - techno not pop electro

Bit of a big question tho, I could go on for hours, these are just off the top of my head. Basically, if I'm going out on a friday night the line ups gonna have to be damn good and very attractive.

ampassasinbirmingham
16-09-2004, 09:08 PM
new picture miss bass????? :shock: :shock:

is it recent??? Ure looking pretty damn Fine ;)

miss bass
16-09-2004, 09:10 PM
new picture miss bass????? :shock: :shock:

is it recent??? Ure looking pretty damn Fine ;)

lol u big flirt, yes its new, just me loking a tool !!! No big deal :)

Stella Boy
16-09-2004, 09:15 PM
I like Friday's. You've been at work all week so the first thing I want to do is go out and lose it and spend 2 days recovering knowing I'll be fresh for Monday.

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 09:26 PM
fridays are good, as westwood is often heard saying on the radio....it's friday, yes it's friday :lol:

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 09:30 PM
well thanks all so far its looking good for fridays!!!!!

fatcollective
16-09-2004, 09:33 PM
yep deffo fridays for me mac...cause it makes friday in work much better, also it does give you more time to recover, plus i hate sundays...and a saturday moring session is wikid :shock:

miss bass
16-09-2004, 09:35 PM
:clap: :clap: so what we doing tomorrow night then ?? :lol:

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 09:37 PM
your not wrong m8.....
now then people we have kinda got to the point that fridays do rock so now what djs would get you out of you house into the club on a friday night?

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 09:38 PM

samething we do every night try and take over the world.......... :lol:

Stella Boy
16-09-2004, 09:42 PM
your not wrong m8.....
now then people we have kinda got to the point that fridays do rock so now what djs would get you out of you house into the club on a friday night?

The list is too expansive but off the top of my head:

Sims, 65d Mavericks, Hood, Rush, DJ T-1000, Tanaka, Mulero, DJ Bone.

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 09:57 PM

he says sat in his big black leather chair stroking his cat :lol:

miss bass
16-09-2004, 10:08 PM

stroking cat eh

Frank Dogshit
16-09-2004, 10:11 PM
yep without a doubt friday is the best!you can really let go with the knowledge that you dont have to goto work the next day.(apart from those that work sat) everyones happy.

fridays for me.

surgeon,rush,sims,young,advent

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 10:16 PM

stroking cat eh

:shock: um..... lether chair and stroking the cat :oops:

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 10:18 PM
stroking cat eh

dirty mind, i dont know, i was merely saying he is like a bond villian, what with taking over the world and all ;)

miss bass
16-09-2004, 10:20 PM
stroking cat eh

dirty mind, i dont know, i was merely saying he is like a bond villian, what with taking over the world and all ;)

sorry, i cant help myself , so hormonal

fatcollective
16-09-2004, 10:23 PM
friday night Djs...i suppose that dont matter as long as its not over the odds to get in, i mean obviously its has to be a good headliner, but that is for the promoter to decide...Henry, Chris, Ben Simms, Mark EG, Marco Bailey, Patrik Skoog...do you went me to carry on on another piece of papers :lol:

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 10:23 PM

:twisted: I'm not evil !!!!!!

:evil: ok just a little

miss bass
16-09-2004, 10:25 PM
:?:

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 10:26 PM
:twisted: I'm not evil !!!!!!

:evil: ok just a little

:lol:

Stella Boy
16-09-2004, 10:26 PM
TBH, anyone who's into techno and knows there's a techno night on close by should get their arse down to the club and support it, irrespective of who's playing. People should try and have more faith in the promotors and who they book to play for them. Yes, sometimes a dj booked to play can be ropey but more often than not, they are very good. The quality of dj's in this scene is improving all the time.
It's be great to see all these top jocks on our doorstep all the time but the lesser known guys need and crave peoples support aswell. This ensures new and exciting blood keeps coming through.

dan the acid man
16-09-2004, 10:27 PM
friday night Djs...i suppose that dont matter as long as its not over the odds to get in, i mean obviously its has to be a good headliner, but that is for the promoter to decide...Henry, Chris, Ben Simms, Mark EG, Marco Bailey, Patrik Skoog...do you went me to carry on on another piece of papers :lol:

some good names there :cool:

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 10:35 PM
TBH, anyone who's into techno and knows there's a techno night on close by should get their arse down to the club and support it, irrespective of who's playing. People should try and have more faith in the promotors and who they book to play for them. Yes, sometimes a dj booked to play can be ropey but more often than not, they are very good. The quality of dj's in this scene is improving all the time.
It's be great to see all these top jocks on our doorstep all the time but the lesser known guys need and crave peoples support aswell. This ensures new and exciting blood keeps coming through.

:clap: Verry true dude ....I have run nights for a few years and the up and comming djs can be wicked and resident nights rock!!!!

but it always makes a big impact on your turnout if you have a headliner people are craving to see... because yes if there are good local djs on you should have a good local crowd but if you want people from all over you must get the well known djs.
and from the looks of it i've got a good idea so far of whitch djs you lot would come to see.... thanks all keep them coming.....

miss bass
16-09-2004, 10:35 PM

some good names there :cool:

hmmm in regards to ppl i havnt seen yet and would be curious to find out wha they are like....

James Ruskin
Speedy
Makaton
Fumia Tanaka
Christian Wunsch (not sure if i prefer his prduction tho)
Hawtin ( as i havnt seen him)
Jeff Mills (just to chill me out for a bit)
Aphex Twin to **** me up :)
Cari Lekebusch
Inigo Kennedy - hes quality

and i cant think of anymore right now, im tired

Stella Boy
16-09-2004, 10:40 PM
Good luck with it buddy. Let us know when your first night is sorted ;)

Mucky Beats
16-09-2004, 10:54 PM
Good luck with it buddy. Let us know when your first night is sorted ;)

I will do m8........

i got a saturday nighter already in wales .... with the likes of aaron lib, rowland the bastard and others already played at it.....
and in november Dave The Drummer is playing !!!! :clap:

Mindful
19-09-2004, 11:27 PM
adam beyer
p scoog/headroom
surgeon
rush
mills
chris leibing
joel mull
lars klein/m burkat
kd smith
simms
jimmy saville
rithcy hawtin
FRIDAY OR SATURDAY as long as theres techno on a good rig.
were abouts are you thinking of doing this night :?:

twieq
23-09-2004, 08:51 PM
friday or saturday, it doesn't matter for me.
allthough it sometimes is harder to go out on a friday after a week of work..... .
But most of the times, it really doens't matter.

davethedrummer
24-09-2004, 06:33 AM
every day is a good techno day for me.
but if i want to party with anyone else then i guess i have to wait for friday too.
yeah i like fridays.
except when they morph into monday mornings , which i really don't like at all. :roll:

subsonic
24-09-2004, 08:35 AM
fridays are cool if you got the right line ups we do fridays aswell
good luck with it ;)
as it is harder than a saturday for some reason :roll:

but dj wise

dave the drummer
mark eg
chris liberator
lars klein
slobodan
amok

people like that would make people go out and not to expencive ;)

Mucky Beats
05-10-2004, 01:28 PM
SORTED PEOPLE YOU LOT HAVE GIVEN ME A GOOD LOOK AT FRIDAYS AND WHAT DJ'S YOU WANNA SEE!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==