PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any tips to get me started

jam
17-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Im starting my own night in the middlesbrough area and i want it to be hard techno/hardstyle but i will need to have more comercial acts for it to work,does anyone have any ideas how can keep it underground but not lose £££££££££ im not bothered about losing to much but not loads.

cheers.

AcidMutant
20-09-2004, 04:55 PM
Try just hiring the venue and you n your m8z DJing. Depending how much your willing to pay you might have to settle for a mid week slot. Try haggling with the club owners, maybe they'll give you it cheaper if they keep the bar takings, etc.

Get some flyers printed, get them into the record shops, clothes shops, universities, pass em out on the street, do one night a month for a couple of months...

jonnyspeed
20-09-2004, 11:11 PM
good one to look at is the night they run in Hull - Pure Techno. really professional and phat line up. Its got a real reputation for itself so punters go along even if they haven't heard of the DJ.

http://www.puretechno.co.uk/

subsonic
30-09-2004, 03:51 PM
mate who every you get weather it be jeff mills or your gran playing for you flyer it every where simler night around that area and in all the shops
collages unis the lot no one will come if they dont know its on you get me
whats your budget
whats the venue capacity
are you getting named dj's
what style you looking to play

if you need any think just ask pm me ;)

allways willing to help lad ;)

maily
30-09-2004, 05:44 PM
..[a bad] one to look at is the night they run in Hull - Pure Techno. really [un]professional and phat line up. Its got a real reputation for... . ...being run by a bunch of shambolic idiots :doh:

advice i would give you is,
probably not to worry about a name dj to begin with,
just find other dj's local to your area and get as many to play as possible in the first few months,
cos they should come along [with their mates] even if they aint playing, and if things go well that'll all add to the reputation of the night [word of mouth being the best advertising].

plus don't spend money on getting flyers designed in the first place, do it yourself, or find a mate who can operate photoshop to give you a hand [let them in for free and all's sweet],

give flyers/posters to mates to dish out. saves you some of the leg work, and helps people feel involved with the night and builds up a bit of loyalty

278d7e64a374de26f==