PDA

View Full Version : finally saw adam beyer....

sash
18-09-2004, 12:19 AM
'Believe the hype' would b the best statement i'd use to summarise beyer if you had never seen him out b4 like myself. I love it when these guys come to my neck of the woods with so much hype surrounding em then totally deliver the goods. :) It just amazes me how these dudes can rock up to a new party week in week out and totally kill it on a new monitoring environment.

Not only that but he was cool enough to hang around the whole party chattin away to anyone and just enjoyin himself. I love seein that shit. Im just happy to now know what so many of you have already known for many years now. Beyer rocks!

p.s. The build ups he creates r awesome. Mad skills.

fatcollective
18-09-2004, 12:26 AM
i would love to see Beyer...like any experienced Dj they sure know how to rock a party and it makes it even better if they are down to earth enough to stay around and enjoy the rest of the party...spot on ..well done Beyer! :clap:

Frank Dogshit
18-09-2004, 12:33 AM
adam beyer now theres an interesting one.

one dj that absolutely wowed :shock: me a few years ago but the last couple of times ive seen him hes bored the pants off me. my tastes have probably changed a lot since then though and no doubt he appeals to a certain crowd.

very good technically though no question,but i think his tunes are a bit on the yawn side. he was playin tracks at GKGG that were just breakdown after breakdown,hands in the air style so i went to watch adam freeland instead.

MangaFish
18-09-2004, 12:34 AM
adam beyer was amazing when i last saw him!!!

Adverse
18-09-2004, 09:06 AM
adam beyer knows how to control the floor.

daviec
18-09-2004, 10:26 AM
I've seen Beyer twice now, and as has been said he really knows how to keep a dancefloor. Great tunes, great skills, great sets. It made me wonder exactly what set him apart though. I couldn't quite put my finger on why I enjoyed his set so much more than other similar style of sets I'd heard.

Another dj that does it for me is Christian Varela. :clap:

icb
18-09-2004, 08:40 PM
One of the best I`ve seen live...

steelgrooves
18-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Beyer is the man!!

scienceofuse
19-09-2004, 04:25 PM
I would agree that Beyer's choice of music is boring sometimes, loopy techno a'la his Drumcode imprint, but his technical skills are excellent. He's always tight as hell and I also respect the fact he parties after he plays... Even saw him at an afterparty getting wasted and having fun as Umek played... Seems like a nice fun-loving guy, Beyer. And even if you don't like his style, his productions are top-notch. Respect!

yeswehavetheright
22-09-2004, 02:40 PM
I think Beyer was kidnapped about 3 years ago and replaced with a robot under Marco Bailey's control (invasion of the techno snatchers?).

Kevin Gorman
22-09-2004, 05:43 PM
Adam Beyer is definitly a dj that i want to see.... the closest he comes into canada these days though is Montreal :(

andy james
22-09-2004, 07:14 PM
before i even knew anything about techno, i saw adam beyer at a party 6 years ago and overnight he made me a techno lovahh for life :twisted: !!!
his skills on 3 decks blew me away......my hero!

the next time he comes to the midwest i'm there!

gustavo
23-09-2004, 12:59 AM
1 of d best round no doubt

Bas Mooy
23-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Have seen Beyer play five times now. The first three times the man rocked as hell, playing slamming techno and mixing excellent, but the last two times were really boring, since he started playing more housy i really wasnt in to his sets anymore...But thats a matter of taste i guess, he is an excellent dj and I know he can rock big time, but maybe he is just fed up with the banging stuff... :crackup:

278d7e64a374de26f==