View Full Version : techno tunes

dee
20-09-2004, 01:01 AM
right , i want to start to mix techno into a progressive trance set
anyone help me out with labels , artists , were i can buy them etc
theres a few good ones on gt but not enough cheers peeps :cool: :cool:

MARKEG
20-09-2004, 01:10 AM
why not forget the progressive trance and just do a techno set :)

MARKEG
20-09-2004, 01:14 AM
actually let's be honest, hard techno into progressive trance just isn't going to go.

perhaps minimal techno might work though. progressive trance might be a follow up to that??

but then, you're going to loose the energy surely?

i've never felt that 'trancey' music and 'techno' actually go together tbh.

dee
20-09-2004, 01:18 AM

i could do , name me some good labels :cool: :cool:

Joseph Isaac
20-09-2004, 01:57 AM

That's definitely step number one.

tekboi
20-09-2004, 02:37 AM
I also think thats ridiculous. Firstly techno is way too superiour to be mixed into or with watered down crap like trance. Sorry but trance really makes me feel sick.

There is a thin line on mixing different genres together to make a good set with variety and mix different genres just for the hell of mixing them together. Techno and be combined with alot but not trance in my opinion, no go!

fatcollective
20-09-2004, 09:38 AM
the sort of techno i would suggest, but as Mark says mixing hardtrance with techno aint really gonna work, but ya never know...anyway heres my recommendations:

labels: Glitch, Hydraulix, Subsonics, Energy UK (the more tekky stuff), Kick the drum, powertools and possibly some of the Marco bailey stuff MB Electronics might work, but you will just end up playing this lot and wanting to take it all a bit harder, therefore you'll be a Techno Dj in no time hehehehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

daviec
20-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Bollocks. Techno can be dropped in a proggy trance set nae problem. Tyr some Alexander Kowalski stuff for starters. I know Digweed et al have been known to fit a couple of his tracks in a prog set.

dee
20-09-2004, 12:13 PM
cheers lads :cool: :cool:

MangaFish
20-09-2004, 08:59 PM
1stly: :nono: @ the trance haters. its not my 1st choice of music but isnt the rules of this board to *respect* other genres.

Dee: theres loads of techno tunes that would work in a trance set.

* DJ Preach
* Picotto
* Mario Piu (infact all of the old BXR stable for that matter)
* Marco V
all write or have been known to write very trancy or tech-trance records.

DK - Murder was the Bass has been played by the likes of tiestio.
Mojado feat. Mr Sam - Naranja (Dimitri Andreas Vision) has been a massive hit in trance clubs in london.

how hard did you want to go? fatcollective posted some great acid techno / harddance labels, but i suspect they are a tad fast and hard for the progression your aiming to do to work smoothly

oldbugger
20-09-2004, 09:34 PM
personally i cant stand any form of trance...but it sure can be done.. i recently heard danny howels (to my supprise) play an absolute blinding combination of trance and techno.

Aslo Dave Angel seems to do a pretty good job aswell.
theres loads that do it.

you will soon start ditching the trance for the more techy sound though ;)

Stella Boy
20-09-2004, 09:45 PM
From what I've read about certain prog nights recently, they are embrassing the techno sound and leaving behind the chugger chugger image of prog. Flogging a dead horse ?? I'm not sure but all the luck to them.

Moggy
20-09-2004, 10:07 PM

Somehow, i think you've take the words right out of my mouth... :lol:

MARKEG
21-09-2004, 12:05 AM
:)

dan the acid man
21-09-2004, 12:14 AM
try some of the patterns releases

jonnyspeed
21-09-2004, 12:33 AM
Electro mate, that's where its at this season.

:lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==