PDA

View Full Version : M-Audio Delta 1010

auditory hallucinations
20-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Anyone use one of these cards? Got mine a couple of months back...

I'm having a few niggling problems when trying to do an audio mix-down, or sample just some of my analogue synths. I'm using what I think is a failry decent signal path (the sound goes through dbx compressors and via a small Mackie desk), and all the gains are optimised in terms of signal-to-noise ratio etc

The problem mainly lies when recording the tb-303. If I route it thru my filter, I get a clean signal. But recorded on it's own, the playback has these little jumps that I can only say sounds like the "air" offa the very start of a vinyl track. The actual sound outa the 303 is clean and clear, I only get this when I record it.

I think the buffers are set to a reasonable level - six or something I think. Can anyone with one of these cards recommend what the buffers should be set at, please, or any other ways to solve this problem?

As I say, when recording other sources I get a good clear signal...thanx for any help.

Scott Kemix
26-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Hi all, i have finally got my password to get onto the forum!
Nice nice!
I am havin some trouble installing the update for the soundcard. I have downloaded it from the m-audio site but when i seem to try and install it, the file seems damaged in some way...............any suggestions please please?????????

Kevin Gorman
26-09-2004, 04:24 PM

I'm having a few niggling problems when trying to do an audio mix-down, or sample just some of my analogue synths. I'm using what I think is a failry decent signal path (the sound goes through dbx compressors and via a small Mackie desk), and all the gains are optimised in terms of signal-to-noise ratio etc

The problem mainly lies when recording the tb-303. If I route it thru my filter, I get a clean signal. But recorded on it's own, the playback has these little jumps that I can only say sounds like the "air" offa the very start of a vinyl track. The actual sound outa the 303 is clean and clear, I only get this when I record it.

I think the buffers are set to a reasonable level - six or something I think. Can anyone with one of these cards recommend what the buffers should be set at, please, or any other ways to solve this problem?

As I say, when recording other sources I get a good clear signal...thanx for any help.

could you record us a sample of what you are hearing? could it be possible that you are hearing your noise floor?

Kevin Gorman
26-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Hi all, i have finally got my password to get onto the forum!
Nice nice!
I am havin some trouble installing the update for the soundcard. I have downloaded it from the m-audio site but when i seem to try and install it, the file seems damaged in some way...............any suggestions please please?????????

what os are you using? did you ensure you downloaded the correct drivers? are you using the delta 1010 or the LT version?

Scott Kemix
26-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi kevin, yea man i went through the list on the website and sellected delta 1010 LT driver. Cant understand it, wil have another bash

Evil G
26-09-2004, 08:51 PM

have you ruled out the noise as being artifacts from the compressor? just an idea...

Jimfish
27-09-2004, 11:03 AM
does the other stuff you record go through exactly the same path to get into the computer?

have you tried other shit on the exact same desk channel, same filter, same compressor, same soundcard input & same cables?

auditory hallucinations
28-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the replies - you've given me some good stuff to think about, and I'll try various permutations to see if I can re-create the problem with other gear.

The suggestion that it's an artefact from the compressor is a good one - I use an Alesis 3630 for the mix bus compressor. But I don't hear this "air" when doodling around - only on the recording of doodling around. And it seems to randomly pop when the recording hits a transient - weird.

Anyway I'll test some stuff out and hopefully get to the bottom of it. Thanks for your help.

networkacid
29-09-2004, 11:58 AM
And it seems to randomly pop when the recording hits a transient - weird.

Clipping? How much hearoomd you leaving yourself when you're recording? You are using a compressor so it shouldn't be an iusse I guess but it's somethign to think about.

278d7e64a374de26f==