PDA

View Full Version : not really about techno production but....

messyfuture
20-09-2004, 06:35 PM
slightly off topic but i thiught this would be the best place to ask.

A couple of years ago we did a soundtrack for a local thearte company, the play was called 'out of there heads' and we worte some new peices for them and borrowed a few tracks off mates for them, we also did background nosies and spoken word bits that they played through the pa.

anyway they called today and asked if we would do a 15 minute peice that they could play before the play started.

It is to sound like a youth club and my question is does anyone know where i can get good sound fx of kids playing and genral sound fx that would fit into this sort of into.

Free sound fx would be great cause they have asked for it by friday.

right i'm off to do some google scearches

messyfuture
20-09-2004, 11:20 PM
dont worry about it.

i've just found out what the guy wants and theres no way it could be done in a week!

MangaFish
20-09-2004, 11:27 PM
whys that? what has he asked for?

messyfuture
20-09-2004, 11:37 PM
he wanted a 15 minute peice that was made up of recordings from a bingo hall, school playground and a youth club with sound effects thrown in as well, like cups clinking and stuff like that.

not too bad i thought, but he wanted all these recordings to have belfast accents and that. which would have meant be having to hire a directional mic and talking time off work to go and record it all then stick it in the computer and editing it all.

its not too hard to do, but i dont have the time.

i think he left it a bit late saying it opens on the 27th

AcidMutant
21-09-2004, 11:26 AM
Go get yourself down that bingo hall mi laddo! "Bingo Wings" ;)

MangaFish
21-09-2004, 09:48 PM
he wanted a 15 minute peice that was made up of recordings from a bingo hall, school playground and a youth club with sound effects thrown in as well, like cups clinking and stuff like that.

not too bad i thought, but he wanted all these recordings to have belfast accents and that. which would have meant be having to hire a directional mic and talking time off work to go and record it all then stick it in the computer and editing it all.

its not too hard to do, but i dont have the time.

i think he left it a bit late saying it opens on the 27th

not too fussy is he :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==