PDA

View Full Version : Distek - Back to the Drawing Board

fatcollective
22-09-2004, 12:11 AM
hi all heres a choon ive just finished, the studios knackerd at the mo, waitin on a new desk n monitors, so im having to resort back to Amp n Hi Fi Speakrs for the mo hence the Track Name

Hope you like

http://www.fatcollective.com/the%20old%20method.mp3

Let us know what u fink!

Distek

MangaFish
22-09-2004, 12:38 AM
i've had a listen to it and to be honnest its not something that really grabs me.

the under-lying groove sounds too simular to a few other techno tunes i have and the other parts just didnt stand out much.

i'm not saying its a naff tune, just that it wasnt something that gabbed my attention and held it.

production wise, it sounded good, but your a great deal more experenced and tallented then myself so i wouldnt be able to spot faults if i tried

Evil G
22-09-2004, 12:55 AM
i'm such a sucker for big warm kicks like this. nice one. :clap: :clap:

dirty_bass
22-09-2004, 03:15 AM
file not found :cry:

fatcollective
22-09-2004, 08:10 PM
sorry everyone, this track is a link from our site and for some uknown twat of a reason the site isnt working, so you will have to bear with us until we find the problem :?:

xfive
23-09-2004, 01:42 AM
I snagged this yesterday.. just got around to listening.

Nice stuff though. Definetly digging it. Sonically I can't tell if something may be funky or not due to your 96kbps encoding... but besides that the elements work well together... sequencing could probably be done up a bit more tho. :)

fatcollective
24-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi all the Link shud work now!!!
Enjoy!

dirty_bass
25-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Nice acid techno.
Overall the mix could be brighter.
And a lot of the sounds are very dry, and could do with some verb and other fx to smooth out the mix a little.

dan the acid man
25-09-2004, 09:16 PM
this will sound alot better once you have listened to it through some monitors and given it a mixdown, the basis is there for a good track.
the hats need turning up though

fatcollective
27-09-2004, 12:53 PM
hi all, thanx for the comments, the studio is nearly up n runnin now, at the top of my things to do list when the studio's sorted is this track, gunna give it a good mixdown thru the desk & you lot will be the first to hear it, will be baring in mind all ur feedback & comments!!

Thanx again

Wayne (Distek)

278d7e64a374de26f==