PDA

View Full Version : Proper filthy techno

AcidTrash
22-09-2004, 12:25 AM
http://www.squatjuice.com/mp3/acidtrash/teknopod.mp3

Evil G
22-09-2004, 01:43 AM
it's sounding much better than 2 weeks ago. :)

AcidTrash
22-09-2004, 03:00 AM
Thank you. Just playiong with this remix now.

http://www.squatjuice.com/mp3/acidtrash/teknopod2.mp3

Don't know how to drop the main thrust out though and I'm not sure if I should filter it.

dirty_bass
22-09-2004, 03:22 AM
well the first tune, is pretty good. Although it could do with doing a bit more. Cos at 3 minutes in, not a hell of a lot has happened.
The hats could be a bit brighter.
Overall, a good solid bass for atrack. But it needs elements to lift it out of the locked groove effect.

fatcollective
22-09-2004, 08:03 PM
sort of liked it...for me it need a bit more kick...and i dont mean on the kick drum i mean overall, it seem s weak. I do like the track dont get me wrong, i just think its needs more power! (5/10)

fatcollective
22-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Acidtrash there is a tune in this section of the forum called Speaker Freakin 2004, check that out and you will know what i mean by the tune having power and kick...if you got the same thing happening on this track, the the name "proper filthy techno" would become apparent :!:

AcidTrash
22-09-2004, 10:42 PM
I had a listen but I'm not really into that stripped down sound. It does sound louder which probably has a lot to do with compression but I can never tell the difference and when I can it sounds really bad My processor can't really hack it either. I mix with my tunes a lot and because of the way I make them I get the exact effect I want on my speakers when doing so.. makes more sense live. Personally I don't see how to give it more power without overdriving stuff.

AcidTrash
23-09-2004, 06:56 AM
This might be better.

http://www.squatjuice.com/mp3/acidtrash/teknopod4djm2.mp3

fatcollective
23-09-2004, 02:43 PM
checked it mate, bit distorted now though. what sort of stuff u using to make your tracks mate? are you seperating your channels through a desk. if not, i think it would be worth taking your tunes to a studio and getting them engineered properly, cause you got bags of potential in your music......but over the time i have been listeding to your music, its just gets better and better and the only thing im finding wrong is the final mix down and if this was done right your stuff is excellent mate...either way just keep it up and if you can get to a studio...do it, it will be well worth it...well done ;)

AcidTrash
24-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Thank you. I'm a bit embarrassed to say what I use to make tunes. Needless to say it would sound better if my PC wasn't 5 years old. I would up grade it but records are my smack habit and it's an expensive one. I would love to get this stuff into a proper desk but until I'm working again I just have to plod on with what I have. When I get some cash together methinks a trip to a certain North Walse studio will be in order.

fatcollective
24-09-2004, 03:26 PM
just keep at it mate, i mean we didnt have a studio until about 7 months ago, but in the meantime we learnt how to make a track from the bare minimum and made it sound good....once you do get to play with a studio you will improve you quality by miles, but if you can get em sounding good without a studio...how good are ya gonna get with a studio ?....if you love music that much things will happen for ya..u just gotta keep at it and make chances come your way, with your music and getting your studio...it will come if you want it to! but in the meantime keep at it ;)

FILTERZ
24-09-2004, 03:28 PM
liked it mate , could do with some more happening in first half of tune though ;)

AcidTrash
24-09-2004, 05:54 PM
Yeah it's a bit spartan but I design them for mixing in Traktor and that's where the fun stuff happens. Should have new PC on the morrow so we'll see about getting some proper banging beets in the days to come.

278d7e64a374de26f==