the mc fella from helta skelta?

subsonic
23-09-2004, 10:23 AM
the mc fella from helta skelta?

yep thats the one mate ;)

daviec
23-09-2004, 11:10 AM
I used to love Ribzz sets in the Technodrome :clap:

Anyone got any in mp3 form, or know where I could get one?

My favorite was one where Sharkey was MC'ing for him "Check out Ribzzy's jaw!!" ;)

serox
23-09-2004, 01:11 PM
yeh i rem him as a MC. i was never really a fan of a MC+techno set tbh.

does he DJ now then? i rem seeing him a few times but i thought he couldnt mix that tight?

Paul Zykotik
23-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Ribbz's mixing is...unique ;)

I like his sets though, maybe because he's the only one playing techno at the nights he plays at so he stands out. I'll give him more credit than that though - the tunes he plays are excellent (he always pulls a few forgotten classics out of the bag) and with the smile he has on his face throughout you can't help but get into it when it's clear he's enjoying himself.

Si the Sigh
23-09-2004, 03:35 PM
hard & acid techno.

I've never heard him play acid techno... :eh:

french_og
23-09-2004, 03:53 PM
He used to play Acid in the Technodrome, still listen to an old tape of his in the technodrome Energy 99.

Spark
23-09-2004, 04:11 PM
I met him when i had a gig on Oorpi in Plymouth.. very cool guy!

basslinejunkie
23-09-2004, 04:37 PM
plays anythin an everythin really.

conflict
23-09-2004, 05:20 PM
i used to love his sets too but havent seen his name on a flyer for ages.Really cool guy aswell actually

french_og
23-09-2004, 05:50 PM
He played quite a lot at parties at the Depot in Bristol before it closed last month.

WRAGG
23-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Ribbzy has been dj'ing for pretty much as long as he has been mc'ing. He plays some quality techno, but I havn't heard him play acid techno for ages. We have got him and the Producer playing for us in December @ the Grove, Seaton! So come along and check it out!!! ;) ;)

Esox Lucius
23-09-2004, 08:33 PM
He used to play Acid in the Technodrome, still listen to an old tape of his in the technodrome Energy 99.

aye, this is going on the time i last seen him which was a good while back.

DJ Corbzy
23-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Ribbz may not be the most tech DJ out there, but he can defo mix, and his taste in techno is quality!!!

Respect to the man.

subsonic
24-09-2004, 08:30 AM
well ribbz the producer & ade fenton @ the next subsonica in nov check it out ;)

Traxx
24-09-2004, 10:31 AM
is producer playin techno?

subsonic
24-09-2004, 10:41 AM

he is playing in both rooms
a hardcore techno set
and a techno set too ;)

Traxx
24-09-2004, 10:46 AM

a hardcore techno set
and a techno set too ;)

bo, bo, bo!!!!!

what date is it on then?

subsonic
24-09-2004, 10:56 AM

a hardcore techno set
and a techno set too ;)

bo, bo, bo!!!!!

what date is it on then?

check the promotions section traxx mate ;)

aaronliberator
28-09-2004, 07:08 PM
ribbzy top bloke is famed as one of the longest standing mcs outthere and as an mc has a style that definatley is geared to relaxing a crowd into the groove. i was lucky to have him mc over a techno set in wales last year which was just wicked for me. he played at an after party and played a really funked up set picking some very individual bits of vinyl in the bryan zentz/jericho style classy stuff an it was rocking!. why isnt he playing out more ? should be

basslinejunkie
28-09-2004, 09:38 PM
ribbzy top bloke is famed as one of the longest standing mcs outthere and as an mc has a style that definatley is geared to relaxing a crowd into the groove. i was lucky to have him mc over a techno set in wales last year which was just wicked for me. he played at an after party and played a really funked up set picking some very individual bits of vinyl in the bryan zentz/jericho style classy stuff an it was rocking!. why isnt he playing out more ? should be

my thoughts exactly.he defo should be playing out more.he rocks.

Vagisness
28-09-2004, 11:41 PM

my thoughts exactly.he defo should be playing out more.he rocks.

I know Ribbz pretty well, he is a resident and co promoter of Vagisness/Vayge in Bristol, he is playing on Saturday @ Timbuk2 with Patrik Skoog and Thomas Christopher.

He still plays all sorts of Techno styles and still MC's like a bad man, he is also playing and MCing at Slammin Vinyl in Shepton Mallet soon too, you should get yourselfs down the west country, he plays out loads.

;)

Paul Zykotik
29-09-2004, 12:02 AM
I love the fact he's keeping the techno sound alive in the harder arenas around the country, e.g. Helter Skelter, Uproar. He loves the music and it really comes across :)

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 10:19 AM
as ive never really been into the whole mc/helter skelter thing id never actually heard of ribbz until he mc'd for the last half hours of dj rushs set at atomic jam. seemed a bit weird at 1st,but in the end it seemed to work quite well and he enjoys himself lots.

Si the Sigh
29-09-2004, 10:30 AM

I'll have to dig out some older tapes & have a listen. You should check out the old Death Row Techno tape packs. Ribbz's sets on them are wicked!! :twisted:

Nath
29-09-2004, 11:07 AM
I like Ribbz DJ Sets too,

He Always used to play a good set at North, Last time I heard him was at Religion a while back and he played early on but still played a hard as you like Techno set, And he is the best MC in country easy

aaronliberator
29-09-2004, 04:21 PM
glad to here that ribbzy is playing out a lot and there is some good support out there for him. if any one sees him tell him to get intouch please.

King of the arena
29-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Ribbz top bloke

good to see hes still havin a go :clap:

Mucky Beats
30-09-2004, 08:26 PM
:clap:
Ribbz is a top bloke ..... he is one of the few mc's that can do the job over techno!

:cool: and as a dj he has played some wicked sets(as long as he aint been on the brandy :lol: ) and i have to say i have never enjoyed a set as much as when i was about 18 in bowlers and he played some of the best techno and rocked the place!!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==