PDA

View Full Version : ghetto tech/booty

Esox Lucius
03-04-2003, 01:26 PM
anyone into it?

i`m really into it, some of assaults productions are class, and godfather is a quality dj.

anyone into 313 bass mechanics?

gunjack
03-04-2003, 06:20 PM
dj assault, ass n titties!

JACKSTAR
03-04-2003, 08:04 PM
I've been into for years which is why I kinda started JACKSTAR label because all of the good Chicago labels had died (Jasperstone / DanceMania / Underground Construction). I know there are some other new labels coming outta Chicago which are doing some stuff like GTI records & CWAL but I find they lack a little substance than previous labels. The only thing with Ghetto-tech over in Europe is that the market is VERY small and record sales can be smaller than if say you was releasing Techno but you can almost put money on that when you drop a Ghetto tech track in a techno set the crowd go mental. I tend to start most of my sets with releases on IHR / Jasperstone / UC / Jackstar then move into the techno stuff. The next release on Jackstar if by DJ Rush back doing his Ghetto thing....you know loads of dirty talking etc but I also have a release from Ghetto boy - DJ Nehpets which I have been saving for over a year bu it will be worth the wait. I went over to Chicago to see Bam Bam / Urban and played a gig with Nehpets and it was using his laptop with his new trax and 2 dex and his set would of blown away any other Ghetto dj i've seen......he was amazing. He made his 1st release on IHR at 13 years old !!!!

P.

Ghetto-kid

Adverse
03-04-2003, 08:52 PM
hey paul i'm really getting into this sound lately.. especially bam bam! keep it up man. JACKSTAR!

DJZeMig_L
04-04-2003, 02:00 PM
I'm ghetto babey... :P .... I still cross a lot of vocals n stuff on top o "regular" techno tracks, makes people go crazy... I also do a sort of crossover ... I can really say it's 100% ... but it certainly plays a big part...
Nephets, Urban, FUNK, Sluggo, Deon, they are masters in they're own time...

Bam Bam is a "new" born start!! much deserved anyways!! :) I've had the honour 2 remix this guy :D

Z

Esox Lucius
04-04-2003, 09:33 PM
bam bam is quality, jackstar is a class label.

deeon has made some really good tracks in his time, defo one of the scenes best producers.

Dustin Zahn
04-04-2003, 09:46 PM
Paul, you should send me your address, I got some ghetto shit I'd like to shoot your way.

I'm not a huge ghetto tech fan, but like someone else said on this thread, when you drop some ghetto tech over techno tracks the crowd goes mental. Nothing like tracks that jack.

I've been listening to some recent Paul Birken sets lately, now that stuff is jackin'.

eyes without a face
06-04-2003, 02:22 PM
ive made the odd ghetto influenced track at home, theres something about the rawness of ghetto i luv. the kicks and bass sound so wikid on some ghetto stuff, check Urban - Bang that shit up remixes (****in wikid).

and nothing beats the sound of a jackin clap!!!!

JACKSTAR
07-04-2003, 01:37 AM
Dustin - If you've got some stuff now to send me my current address in on my website but send it now because in 4-6 weeks i'm moving.

JACKSTAR........FUTURE JACKIN'

P.

sentrax
11-01-2004, 05:26 PM
Paul keep it up!

Keep bringing the good stuff!!

Cheers

Esox Lucius
11-01-2004, 05:59 PM
old post alert

EmotionComplex
11-01-2004, 06:17 PM
old post alert

New geezer alert :lol:

sentrax
11-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Woops sorry dude's didn't saw it!
just supporting my man Langley ;)

Cheers

The Overfiend
11-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Langley is class and in the end it is all about Jackin!

Esox Lucius
11-01-2004, 08:02 PM
agreed langley is the shit :clap:

jonnyspeed
11-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Doesn't funk my world. I think there are much better tracks with a funk to them such as San Gayle - Fonk Ultimatum, Pedro Delgardo - The Funk and lots of techno crossed old skool style hip-hop such as Subvert Recording. Sorry! ...but only my opinion I guess.

Rock on ghetto tech!

eyes without a face
11-01-2004, 10:40 PM
ghetto is wikid, as someone mentioned, when a ghetto/booty track gets dropped in teh middle of a class techno set, boy does it work!!! i often play a couple of really effective tracks such as Urban - You Work it or Deeon - Tear the club up

ampassasinbirmingham
19-01-2004, 01:27 AM
ghetto is wikid, as someone mentioned, when a ghetto/booty track gets dropped in teh middle of a class techno set, boy does it work!!! i often play a couple of really effective tracks such as Urban - You Work it or Deeon - Tear the club up
deffo. for me its ass and tities followed by tear the club up. then back to some dark shizness

spiralx
19-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Ghetto tech is wicked - rough and dirty :) Definitely good for techno sets or tunes :clap:

Lisa Lavish
19-01-2004, 09:13 PM
godfather was 1 of the highlights for me of 2003...had amazing technical ability on the decks...unreal...there was few people with video cameras around the dj box because hes a great to watch aswell as listen to. Saw assault aswell who was amazing aswell but fairly filthy when talking on the mic lol...wish there was more ghetto tech gigs...atmosphere is great at them :clap: !!

Esox Lucius
19-01-2004, 09:18 PM
cead mile failte lisa ;)

good to have you here, hope you like it here :cool:

Lisa Lavish
19-01-2004, 09:24 PM
nice 1 man,

looks fairly good in here alright...knew about this place but only browsed as was too shy to post lol...ah well :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==