PDA

View Full Version : Dear god help me....... Cubase SX problem

Craig McW
25-09-2004, 05:40 AM
Hello everyone,

This is gonna come off as very amateurish but I can't help that, cos I'm very much an amateur. Basically, I've made this track that I'm now wanting to export as an audio file, but when I go to do that, cubase errors before it even begins exporting.

I've tried re-starting, re-saving, re-installing the program.... everything. The only thing I can gather is that I'm not doing something I need to to get it to work.

Can anyone help me?

Craig

tekara
25-09-2004, 06:39 AM
can u let us know what kind of error message it says?

did you pull the L-R locators to the bars that u want to bounce?

Craig McW
26-09-2004, 06:17 AM
Yeah I set my left and right, the error is simple "there was an error during export" before it even begins to export the file.

Exasperated. Tried everything.

Will contact cubase HQ for the lowdown.

peace

H3lx
27-09-2004, 08:03 AM
could you just play the track and record into soundforge as youre playing if its a track you really need to export?

Jimfish
27-09-2004, 10:53 AM
a bit of a long way round but what about coming out of your soundcard and back in again and recording onto an empty audio channel in cubase?

you yould even go through your dj mixer and experiment with applying some eq or fx here and there and then choping the whole mix up back in cubase to get it all tight :)

Craig McW
04-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. My program obviously has a bug and Cubase are sending me a replacement....

Although, I'm considering switching to Digital Performer (I use a mac)... anyone have any advice to offer in this decision?

sash
05-10-2004, 01:00 AM
i take it ur not into Logic yeah?

Craig McW
05-10-2004, 04:06 AM
Never used it. Started with Reason and Cubase, have fiddled with Ableton which I like, willing to test things out.

Price is obviously a problem..... How much is Logic and what are the benefits of using it above Cubase?

sash
06-10-2004, 01:10 AM
I think it sells in oz for just under $2000 and that gets u the full package (esx sampler, synths etc)

I couldn't tell u the benefits of using logic over cubase mate my knowledge of cubase and logic aint that great.
From what i've read and from the (what seems like) millions and millions of people that go on and on and on about Logic, i'd say it seems to be the pick of the bunch by a mile.

Here's a few things ive heard/ read:

* Logic sounds better (better plugs)
* Easier to work with (especially for electronic music enthusiasts)
* Works extremely efficient with the OSX OS.
* Most of the Pro's use it (its gotta b good if the Pro's use it ;) )

DJZeMigL
07-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Bolloc*s most sequencer packages go hand in hand when it comes 2 feat.s.. It's all down to what u need and what u get along with.. Apple/ Logic seems 2 b the obvious way and most of times logic as new feat. b4 Cubase, but logic 4 PC is nomore!

I know pros how make music on Fruity Loops... and it sound the dog's B**! so make sure u choose what apeals 2 ya and can get a better support or people 2 help ya out!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==