PDA

View Full Version : DJ mixer help

MangaFish
26-09-2004, 06:20 PM
i've been considering getting the Stanton SMX 401 Mixer for a little while now and i've just found out that its been reduced from £300 to £220!! :shock:

what i want to know is, is this mixer any good (because thats bloody cheep for a mixer!!)

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/mixers/stanton/smx401

dan the acid man
26-09-2004, 07:02 PM
iv'e used a stanton mixer quite a while ago now, and it felt cheap, put it this way, the guys gemini 626 has outlasted the stanton

MangaFish
26-09-2004, 07:09 PM
what would people recomend?

my requirements are this:

* 3 channels each with atleast 3 eqs (the greater the cut the better)
* 2 outputs (one for my computer and one for my speekers)
* not sure the name of this feature so i'll expain it: a cross fader to the headphones so you can swich between the main output and the qued track or have both of them playing in the headphones.

fx send and returns are a bonus but not a essential (i plan on getting an fx unit one day but not sure when (if at all) that day will come)

i'm sure theres more i wanted but i cant remember what it is off hand

piginabush
26-09-2004, 09:19 PM
just promise you dont get this one..... it looks cheap and nasty :evil:

MangaFish
26-09-2004, 09:32 PM
looks arnt an issue. its the performance i'm interested in

dan the acid man
26-09-2004, 11:46 PM
honestly, the stanto i used felt like a kids toy, the faders where weak, the crossfader was terrible and the knobs felt like they had been taken off a fisher price toy

Evil G
27-09-2004, 03:36 AM
what would people recomend?

my requirements are this:

* 3 channels each with atleast 3 eqs (the greater the cut the better)
* 2 outputs (one for my computer and one for my speekers)
* not sure the name of this feature so i'll expain it: a cross fader to the headphones so you can swich between the main output and the qued track or have both of them playing in the headphones.

fx send and returns are a bonus but not a essential (i plan on getting an fx unit one day but not sure when (if at all) that day will come)

i'm sure theres more i wanted but i cant remember what it is off hand

sounds like you want a vestax pcv 175

3 channels plus a bunch of microphone inputs
3 band eq per channel with -24 db cut, plus kill switches for infinite cut
killer cross fader
fx loop
master out and record out
you can't split the headphones with master on one side, cue on the other, but you can listen to either or both in stereo.

and best of all, in case of a riot you can use it as both an offensive weapon and as a shield. it's quite sturdy for the money.

MangaFish
27-09-2004, 08:29 AM
the vestax was the other mixer i was looking at funny enough

you can't split the headphones with master on one side, cue on the other, but you can listen to either or both in stereo.
i've explained myself very badly here. i meent you can have either master or cue in the headphones in sterio. but you can also have them both playing in the headphones w/o them playing out master speekers.

I only really want this feature so i can do the occational mix entirely in my headphones when i have people asleep in the house :lol:

either way i'm going to have a play about in a london shop before i buy, but i need some adive/suggestions 1st so i dont get ripped off by dodgy sales talk :oops:

basslinejunkie
27-09-2004, 01:53 PM
the vestax pcv 275 id say ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==