PDA

View Full Version : Alesis monitor speakers popping

cascade
26-09-2004, 08:13 PM
right my speakers pop soemtimes when im playing various tunes.

the speakers are alesis m1mk2 actives and the sound card is a terratec DMX-6

pops mostly on mp3's through media player, is this normal?

also pops on reason for no reason what so ever?

i know this description is abit vague but i cant really describe why and how there doing it.

i mean ok if everyone eles's monitors pop occationally but these cost me over £250, so i kinda expect them to be perfect right?

any ideas please cause its really pissing me off, is there something im doing wrong like sample rate or quality or sumthin?

:neutral: :cry:

AcidMutant
27-09-2004, 11:21 AM
I'd check your audio connections and your PC. I very much doubt that it'll be the monitors causing the popping unless it's the power unit overloading.

dan the acid man
01-10-2004, 08:06 PM
it could be something inside your pc causing this, or even things like central heating in a house can cause these things

eyes without a face
11-10-2004, 12:12 AM
sounds like a a problem with the audio buffering.... check the properties on ur soundcard and ur asio drivers... also check u have the most up to date drivers for ur soundcard, ive never heard a terretec in action so im not sure of the quality

Busho
11-10-2004, 01:01 AM
deffo be a prob with the pc coz ma mates got the same problem ;)

dan the acid man
15-10-2004, 10:33 AM
iv'e just got a dmx 6 fire and i suffer the same problem whilst playing games, but as of yet, not whilst making music

lukekendall
15-10-2004, 12:03 PM
i mave mark 2s they have the amps built in the back right??

mine only pop when i turn my mixer off when they are on high volume and still on, mine are conected to my decks mind not a computer :neutral:

saying this i noticed the other day the one of the speakers is not as loud as the other these days :doh:

EmotionComplex
15-10-2004, 03:26 PM
it may very well be down to a latency issue but if not id seriously check out how youve got them plugged in.

ive had the same speakers for a while now and when i first installed them into my set up i was noticing a slight bit of crackle every so often that i couldnt find the source of, turned out to be power related from a flouresant light in the kitchen downstairs being switched on so i moved them to the second plug socket in this room and theyve been fine.

ideally you dont want them to be running on multiple adaptors (say a multi adaptor coming from the main socket then a double adaptor into that etc) or things like that in the power chain either, ive got one 6 x adaptor coming from one outlet and each speaker has its own socket on that adaptor.

check whats in your plug sockets aswell, lamps, electric heaters etc can all cause little crackles and pops in the power which become vey noticable through speakers sharing it .

im saying all this and it is probobly stemming from your pc but its worth investigating if you cant find a cure for it

dan the acid man
15-10-2004, 03:40 PM
yeah, my bathroom light does the same, so does the central heating

278d7e64a374de26f==