PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of any good techno nights in ireland

Esox Lucius
03-04-2003, 03:55 PM
down south, around waterford/wexford?

Patrick
03-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Be afraid, be very afraid.
I'm from Wexford, went to college in Waterford. Last count there were, hang on, um, err, exactly NO GOOD TECHNO NIGHTS WHATSOEVER. Sorry.
I'll email my mates still living there and report back to you soon(ish). When are you going by the way ? I'm hopping over to Wexford sometime this month. Not sure when yet.

Esox Lucius
03-04-2003, 04:45 PM
i`m going in june, most of my family live in waterford, that`s where my mum & dad are from, mainly going to see family but was hoping to go to a club when i am there.

where about in wexford you from patrick? wexford is a lovely place, usually go there for a day out drinking whenever i go to waterford.

i have heard the forum in waterford is supposed to be pretty good and has the odd techno night on, staying in tramore though so it might be a bit of mission to get back in the early hours.

Patrick
03-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Haven't heard anything useful back yet, but I've just remembered one off the top of my head with you mentioning Tramore. There's a club on Strand Road, Tramore called South. I'm sure I saw that Dave Clarke played there a few weeks back so I guess they must be doing some sort of techno night. And it's practically on your doorstep.

One mate has come back to say another mate has started a night in Youghal, not too far from Waterford in the direction of Cork. No firm details yet, but bound to be an electro/techno type of thing.

A good site to check is:
http://homepage.tinet.ie/~bclear/clubie/linksirishLINKS.html.

Haven't heard anything about the forum, but if I do I'll let you know.

I'm from Wexford town myself. Yeah, it's pretty cool for a day's drinking sesh. Plenty of pubs all together on a small area. I must admit, I like it a lot more now that I don't live there full time.
Nice avatar !
Laters.

Sunil
06-05-2003, 06:39 PM
South is closed as far as I know. The Forum isn't a bad venue but as it's reasonably big(It's otherwise used as a bingo hall/function room) you need a near enough full house to get a good atmosphere going, their lineups have been very unimaginative of late too. There's a place I was pleasantly surprised by a few months back called "Preachers", was a Friday night and the people there were well into it. The guys running it told me last week though that the owner is selling up, so the chances of it being turned back into a disco bar type thing seem very likely :(

There are some good techno nights in Ireland, they are generally confined to smaller venues as the big venues don't really support techno like they should. Bastardo Electrico in Cork and Perpetual in Belfast are good, there's a fair amount going on in Dublin too-some are one offs but the regular nights in places like Switch,Bodkins and Metropolitan can be great. D1 also do their weekly thing at Traffic if you like it a bit deeper. Creation are having their first party of the summer on May 17th, if there's anyone here from Ireland looking for info on it mail me closer the date and i'll let you know the details...

Cheers,

Sunil

278d7e64a374de26f==