PDA

View Full Version : PRODUCTION COURSES

Mindful
28-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Production-engineering courses(e.g.point blank,college ect)good or bad idea?whos done them whos not? :?: whats everybodys opinion

audioinjection
30-09-2004, 06:11 PM
i went to a recording engineering school for about 1 year, and i learned so much..........i also got to use great consoles (SSL, Neve VR, Sony Oxford, Sony DMXR100), also Pro-Tools, surround sound mixing, using a Studer and Otari tape machines.

but thats all great for when it comes to recording, but as far as production goes, i doubt i will be using those haha (the Oxford console alone costs about $1 million)

i learned a lot and it certainly helped me out, as far as production goes, but the only bad thing was the cost of the school

maily
30-09-2004, 07:12 PM
access to music do some good courses, the best thing is they are FREE if you earn under £30,000 a year (phew just made it in, by about £29,999).
http://www.access-to-music.co.uk/

i learned loads on the "creating music through technology" course i've just finished,
they didn't have loads of fancy kit, but the tuition was excelent, and we learned from geuinely experienced and talented tutors (dj skills taught by Mike L who came 3rd in UK DMC finals a few years ago), big thumbs up from me:)

278d7e64a374de26f==