PDA

View Full Version : *** Captain Tinrib this sat Oct 3rd - Housework Leeds ***

SarahPvc
29-09-2004, 01:03 PM
This week at Housework Captain TinRib will be performing live on the keyboards and effects in Arch 1. If you’ve not yet seen the crazy Captain it’s well worth a visit to see the dreadlocked wonder in action. The Captain is ably assisted by GRH and Tolley.

Arch 2 is hosted by Be Yourself and will be delivering another slab of quality Trance with this month’s special guests Leama & Moor.

Arch 3 is also hosted by Be Yourself but they’ll be serving up Funky House in this room.

Mission, Leeds

~cheeky~
29-09-2004, 04:01 PM
saw tinrib for the first time on saturday in portsmouth.
i enjoyed his set and he seemed a nice fella.

guy on the drums was good too.

SarahPvc
29-09-2004, 04:55 PM
every time i have seen him he has been pure class!

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 05:30 PM
is he techno?

Traxx
29-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Doubt it

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 05:51 PM
didnt think so.

hard house innit?

dirty_bass
29-09-2004, 05:55 PM
erm
Shouldn`t this be in the tracne promotion section
I doubt if anyone here would call Tinrib Techno.

Maybe Hard House
Or NRG

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 06:08 PM
was thinkin that miself...im sure we wont lose any sleep over it though.

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 06:29 PM
yeah i was going to mention this this morning, this has nothing to do with techno at all really does it?!!

~cheeky~
29-09-2004, 08:43 PM
well im not sure what styles he plays as like i said have only heard him once.

sarah you naughty girl for posting it in here :nono:
better ask to get it deleted ASAP before some of the lads have a heart attack over it :doh:

you better hope your not banned over this girl :lol:

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 08:45 PM
woah calm down Cheeky, we dont want her banned..... this time ;)

but i can assure u Capt Tinrib isnt techno *thanks god*

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 08:50 PM
he should be banned from dance music with a dj name like captain tinrib. thats awful :nono:

~cheeky~
29-09-2004, 08:55 PM
is that thank god he dont cus if he did he'd be so damn good he would end up at the top of the techno tree ?

:lol:

and with a name like dogshit who are you to talk mr?

*cheeky must resist biting back and just smack some ass when i see them* :twisted:

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 09:06 PM
is that thank god he dont cus if he did he'd be so damn good he would end up at the top of the techno tree ?

and with a name like dogshit who are you to talk mr?

*cheeky must resist biting back and just smack some ass when i see them* :twisted:

shite! what you doin in this forum anyhow?get back in ya hardstyle room. :twisted:

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 09:10 PM
hahahaha

errr i have every confidence that Capt Tinrib would almost definately be no where near the top of the league techno wise hahahaha

and it is a terrible name for an artist... and i use that term loosely haha

~cheeky~
29-09-2004, 09:19 PM
i dont know much about hardstyle either :lol:

mr gray kiss my http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys1/bootyshake.gif

Stella Boy
29-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Come on guys. I hope this is done in good will sarcasm :eh: . Fair enough, the dj name is pants and the style isn't techno but this is a perfect example of why people who aren't into techno think techno fans are elitist snobs. ;)

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 09:20 PM
its quite funny actually.

you could probably have never heard of tinrib but that name alone you can instantly associate it with hard house. strange. :doh:

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 09:22 PM
aye were only messin tony.

all in good jest.... :lol:

Techno.....its about...peace,love,unity and happiness!! :lol:

MangaFish
29-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Come on guys. I hope this is done in good will sarcasm :eh: . Fair enough, the dj name is pants and the style isn't techno but this is a perfect example of why people who aren't into techno think techno fans are elitist snobs. ;)

i dont think its exclusive to techno though. hardstyle fans yell at me when i say it all sounds like hardhouse. funky house tends to regect stuff that isnt cliche

its because techno is blatently the best genre, when ever anyone creats a good tune it automatically becomes techno despite what ever genre it actually is ;) :lol:

Stella Boy
29-09-2004, 09:31 PM
aye were only messin tony.

all in good jest.... :lol:

Techno.....its about...peace,love,unity and happiness!! :lol:

Wasn't sure bros. Just didn't want to see another techno versus the world thread started. :oops:.

I'll get me coat :silenced:

djfurness
29-09-2004, 09:31 PM
you could probably have never heard of tinrib but that name alone you can instantly associate it with hard house. strange.

erm....probably because of the label....massive label in the 90s was tinrib....and im sorry....hes got a crap name but he is an absolute legend....
and hes not exactly on the cheesy scale of hard house.....some of his tunes back in the day were well good

~cheeky~
29-09-2004, 09:40 PM

i know not all techno heads are elitist snobs but i must admit some of the lads on here have a very twisted sense of humour which ive never come across before and can at times make it hard to know whats a joke and what isnt :doh:
one reason why i like to meet ppl i chat to on forums so you get a better idea of their personality.

tinrib played the old original hard nrg which was around before hardhouse.

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 09:46 PM
you could probably have never heard of tinrib but that name alone you can instantly associate it with hard house. strange.

erm....probably because of the label....massive label in the 90s was tinrib....and im sorry....hes got a crap name but he is an absolute legend....
and hes not exactly on the cheesy scale of hard house.....some of his tunes back in the day were well good

to be honest i think my older sister has a few of his albums from when she was into the dance scene back in the 90's along with a load of that Jon the dentist crap and im afraid to say it just sounds like really pitched up hard house to me with the odd silly vocal dropped in.

horses for courses i suppose. :lol:

DJsmallpaul
29-09-2004, 09:56 PM

i know not all techno heads are elitist snobs but i must admit some of the lads on here have a very twisted sense of humour which ive never come across before and can at times make it hard to know whats a joke and what isnt :doh:
one reason why i like to meet ppl i chat to on forums so you get a better idea of their personality.

tinrib played the old original hard nrg which was around before hardhouse.

Haha "Techno heads are elitist snobs"

couldn't have put it better myself :clap:

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 09:59 PM
hahahaha

of course we are serious... but in our unique, humour based northern way.... we're not pulling the artist apart musically ul notice, just taking the piss out of his godawful name... come on everyone should agree here.... Tinrib? i dont know....

but yeah we have a strange sense of humour i think, but hey!

and yeah as Manga pointed out, its not only techno fans who are "elitist" he pointed out a good example in the trance side of things.... just seems that techno snobbery gets pointed out more so than other genres...

and i just like to take the piss anyway, so get over it peeps haha

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Haha "Techno heads are elitist snobs"

couldn't have put it better myself

that's a an ever bigger example of snobbery than the subject matter!

true some techno heads are elitist snobs, but 99.9 % of us arnt

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 10:08 PM
i gave birth to a tinrib about 10 minutes ago.

Traxx
29-09-2004, 10:10 PM
did it hurt?

~cheeky~
29-09-2004, 10:14 PM
i dont care if a dj is called wank chops,if he was a damn good dj thats all thats matters to me.there may well be some daft names out there but thats not really something i think about.

guess i'll have to get used to the northern piss take sense of humour then even though i think in general its nice to be polite to people.
i would be nasty back but im too much of a nice person :doh: :lol:

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 10:14 PM
yes,how did u guess?

Traxx
29-09-2004, 10:24 PM
me mates brothers cousin had the same problem :lol:

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 10:24 PM
its not nasty tho, we've not insulted the guy personally because :

a) we dont know him personally

b) he's not even reading this so he wouldnt see it anyway

and i dont recall anyone actually saying his music was shite or anything?

tis a northern thing i think Cheeky, its just like us taking the piss out off Danny because he's from Leyland, its not nasty just summit the lad's up here have to do! hahahaha

oh and BTW, Dj names matter! thats a fact!

~cheeky~
29-09-2004, 10:29 PM
you are a know it all arnt ya.

tinrib is a very good well known respected dj so the name dont matter then does it. fact!

jesus thank **** you dont live here cus you'd drive me up the wall.
will have to agree to disagree :lol:

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 10:33 PM
tinrib is a very good well known respected dj

in his respective field. fact!

;)

Stella Boy
29-09-2004, 10:37 PM
oh and BTW, Dj names matter! thats a fact!

I disagree. DJ Bone ?? :eh: DJ Godfather ?? :eh: Grovskopa ?? :eh: John E Block ?? :eh:

It's all relative really.

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 10:38 PM
id rather be from leyland than a wirral dingle!hahaha :lol: ever notice how i never spent much time over there,cos i always came back smelling of shite!! :lol: talk about the land that time forgot.plus eddie lives there.

MangaFish
29-09-2004, 10:45 PM
i think everyones missing the point here:
it doesnt matter if tinrib is a crap name for a DJ, because he doesnt DJ. he does live PA's ;)

Stella Boy
29-09-2004, 10:58 PM
i think everyones missing the point here:
it doesnt matter if tinrib is a crap name for a DJ, because he doesnt DJ. he does live PA's ;)

DJ, PA, dog trainer :roll: . It's still a name and it makes no difference to the people who know ;)

SarahPvc
29-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Ok so i may or may not have posted in the wrong forum but the last time i saw Tinrib play was a live pa & sounded very much like techno to me, but then im not totally up on how to classify each genre correctly

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 11:27 PM
hahahaha

of course dj names matter, a good dj name can make or break a dj (thats if u adopt a name of course)

do you think surgeon would have that aura that surrounds him if his dj name was Car Park Attandent? or Dj "excuse me have u had an accidents in the past 12 months?" ???

think about it! ;)

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 11:40 PM
or Dj "excuse me have u had an accidents in the past 12 months?" ???

;)

what the fuk!! :doh: :lol:

have you been smoking crack again or are you back on the glue??

eyes without a face
29-09-2004, 11:44 PM
exactly mate.... exactly.....

Frank Dogshit
29-09-2004, 11:59 PM
exactly mate.... exactly.....

well....which one then? Crack or Glue? My moneys on the latter you dirty wirral ballbag! :nono:

Stella Boy
30-09-2004, 07:13 AM
hahahaha

of course dj names matter, a good dj name can make or break a dj (thats if u adopt a name of course)

do you think surgeon would have that aura that surrounds him if his dj name was Car Park Attandent? or Dj "excuse me have u had an accidents in the past 12 months?" ???

think about it! ;)

:roll:

eyes without a face
30-09-2004, 10:19 AM
:roll: ;)

Esox Lucius
30-09-2004, 10:24 AM
capt tinrib :eh:

sounds like a crossdressing singers name at a gay club or something.

Tiptoe
30-09-2004, 10:30 AM
capt tinrib :eh:

sounds like a crossdressing singers name at a gay club or something.

ha ha :lol:

~cheeky~
30-09-2004, 11:13 AM
well i enjoyed captain tinrib last wkend.
he put on a good show and the guy on the drums was wicked too :cool:
i like seeing any dj playing any style that ive not seen before ;)

http://www.harderfaster.net/images/photos/4480/thumbs/lr_DSC01640.JPG

http://www.harderfaster.net/images/photos/4480/thumbs/lr_DSC01641.JPG

Frank Dogshit
30-09-2004, 01:43 PM
well i enjoyed captain tinrib last wkend.
he put on a good show and the guy on the drums was wicked too :cool:
i like seeing any dj playing any style that ive not seen before ;)

http://www.harderfaster.net/images/photos/4480/thumbs/lr_DSC01640.JPG

http://www.harderfaster.net/images/photos/4480/thumbs/lr_DSC01641.JPG

When did Borat and TVs very own Paul Ross get into the hard house scene??? :nono:

Esox Lucius
30-09-2004, 01:49 PM

in the top pi c he looks like the bastard son of arsenals jose reyes & freddie mercury :lol: you would never lose him in that shirt either :lol:

SarahPvc
30-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Any dj playing their own style is worth a watch i reakon

AcidTrash
03-10-2004, 04:11 AM
You missed a great show from tinrib but you didn't miss a great night out. I think myself, Helen and Rico and a hand ful of others were the only people there who had gone for the music. Everyone else was there to show off their River Island frocks and ponce about. No one really dancing with any energy but when Tinrib came on I just closed my eyes, shut it all out and boogied. If he'd have been on any later than 1am I wouln't have stayed.

The less said about the second trance room the better. I've not been there before and I won't go again. The DJ before Tinrib was very hit and miss. Some surprising underground acid/funky techno mixed with very cheesy vocal hard house in places. He didn't have that much flair on the decks as the mixes were very abrubt for the most part. Maybe I missed a point somewhere.

Tinrib was about standard but the sound system in there is a bit poo with no warmth in the bass. It didn't compare with his last Headcharge performance. Still a big sense of fun though and hugely entertaining.

The drinks were horrendously expensive and the vibe was really townie. Much of the crowd was there because it was open, not because of the music talent. Hardly anyone spoke to us and it was a bit of a struggle to get a conversion out of anyone. Pearls before swine methinks.

Maybe I'm suffering from undeground snobbery but it didn't feel relaxed at all.

Just nice to see Tinrib in Leeds though so thanks for that. Verdict: Worth a try once if the headliner is good but don't get there too early, it'll be a bit of a boring wait. Take lots of money. You'll need it.

jonnyspeed
03-10-2004, 12:23 PM
Mr TinRib is not techno, imo

:nono:

disco diva
03-10-2004, 02:24 PM
not read all the thread yet, very long :shock:

But from glimpsing its ref tinribs music style & it is definately not texhno, more acid trance ;)

He is wicked as is weirdo, I live all the old superfish stuff :love:

dan the acid man
03-10-2004, 06:52 PM
anyone fancy a sparerib :eh: :lol: :dontevengothere:

~cheeky~
03-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Mr TinRib is not techno, imo

:nono:

this was posted in the wrong section by mistake.
the thread is long cus of ppl slateing his name not peeps arguing about whether he plays techno or not.
;)

jonnyspeed
04-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Not saying he's bad cos he really ain't just a point of techno law.

;)

Frank Dogshit
04-10-2004, 09:36 PM
just had another tinrib then me.great fighter.

~cheeky~
04-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Not saying he's bad cos he really ain't just a point of techno law.

;)

in english?

278d7e64a374de26f==