PDA

View Full Version : Logic 7 released*

Debroglie
29-09-2004, 05:09 PM
http://www.apple.com

Just released :shock: I'd love to have that Ultrabeat Drum-sampler , and I didn't know Logic supported sidechaining :love: ???

g
29-09-2004, 05:36 PM
besides the fact that apple loops allow you to change instrumentation or effects.... eh. distributed processing thing is nice, assuming you have multiple computers. i'm sure it's got all sorts of nifty nice-to-haves but again looks like apple wants to assume we all have tons of disposable cash. a $300 upgrade price??

(this being said from a devout mac user. tho i no longer use logic. they lost me after the last price change. and live 4 does all i'll ever need it to.)

professor
30-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Logic supported side-chaining for a while now...
As far as Logic7, i'll probably buy the upgrade some time down the road...some neat new bits in there. Of course Logic6 does everything i'd want, it's just a metter of staying up-to-date i suppose. Too bad up-tp-date costs $300US.
Oh and by the time I do upgrade Logic8 will be out..........

Debroglie
30-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Personally I think that it's huge scam having to pay for these big $300 upgrades every year ,even for Cubase when their SX3 upgrade should be free considering all the bugs in SX2 .... It's funny everyone used to say that software was expensive cause of piracy , but now that it's almost impossible to crack Cubase and Logic and everyone is back to buying these apps where's the reduction in price ! Don't get me wrong I know these are great apps , but a $1000 U.S. for Logic seems nuts , even though I'd like to have it cause Steinberg's support and software has really gone downhill .

Ahhh that feels better....sorry for the little rant. ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==