PDA

View Full Version : track called poltergeist..

Tyrisia
30-09-2004, 04:34 AM
I haven't done anything for ages, and so I started this to try and get back into things. If anyone could pass comment I would appreciate it muchos. :)

Click Me (www.tyrisia.com/poltergeist.mp3)

AcidTrash
30-09-2004, 05:05 AM
I like it. Very crisp but a bit spartan.

Evil G
02-10-2004, 12:03 AM
file not found?

Tyrisia
02-10-2004, 06:50 PM
sorry, deleted it by accident, should work now.

Evil G
02-10-2004, 09:53 PM
solid. i look forward to hearing more.

Tyrisia
05-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the comments guys, I've been workin on this a bit more, will post the finished result. I've beefed the kik up a bit, was sounding a bit weak.

Cheers.

The Overfiend
05-10-2004, 02:41 PM
A beefier kick and one more perc element would bring this over the top.

dan the acid man
09-10-2004, 07:59 PM
this is pretty good, the kick sounds ok to me, i would like to see more synth action though, just to fill this out more, some really nice production in this track though

Tyrisia
11-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Thanx dan and sam, I've been workin on it a bit more, does need somethin else to fill it out, will try and finish it this week. Good to hear that u liked the production dan, that's mainly what I've been workin on with this one, rather than the writing side of things. I've got a way of workin now that should produce good tunes in the future, but I've got a job as well, so don't get as much time unfortunately :cry:

I'll post when I've finished it.

Tyrisia
18-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Here's the finished version, added a pad, and a bit more synths.

Click Me (www.tyrisia.com/poltergeist.mp3)

jesus
18-10-2004, 12:40 AM
pretty good ,i like the stabs and synths ,nice arrnagemnt too. i reckon change the bass line or where it is in relatition to the kick. might just be the kick. id also loose the little kick on the 1st and 3rd beat or whatever it might happen to be or turn it up a bit and make it more rhythmic. turn down the 16beat hihat too or twist it up a bit. good tune though :clap:

Mindful
18-10-2004, 04:34 AM
listening now soonds nice n tight exelent clean structure nice flow to it i imagine it would be a joy to mix the energy dips n rizes very effectivly love how the pads introduced and how its took back out for a heads down moment i would find a place in a set for it.

Good work fella!! ;)

dirty_bass
18-10-2004, 04:54 AM
Groovin`

I like this.

I think the bass could be a little more interesting. It seems a bit too static. Maybe it could be a little dirtyer?

The kick could do with just a little more high mid/top, so it cuts into the mix a bit more.

This is very smooth, I`d maybe just thicken up some of the elements a little.

Overall though, very slick and polished techno.

:clap: :clap:

Tyrisia
18-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Thank's for the comments guys, I think my stuff is improving due to not spending every waking hour at the computer. Helps lookin at things objectively.

I've eq'd the bassdrum, and also distorted the bass quite a lot and tried to make more of a feature of it, if anybody's got any other ideas about how I could make that bassline work, I'd love to hear them.

Click Me (http://www.tyrisia.com/poltergeist.mp3)

Cheers

detfella
18-10-2004, 10:17 PM
liking this! nice sounds & structure. more top end on the kick for the extra snap attack. great work!

Mindful
20-10-2004, 04:29 AM
yeah is soundin good this ive said this before but i realy do like how the pads introduced :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==