PDA

View Full Version : ****SOCKS

AcidTrash
30-09-2004, 05:21 AM
I'm really annoyed. I've spent a year producing a new live PA and I've just bought me a new PC and now everything I potentially do sounds 3 times better so I have to start all over again to get a decent set together for december.

Now I understand why everyone said my tunes weren't up to scratch production wise. I figured it was me being thick but the old PC just simply couldn't do what I wanted to and all this time I thought it could. Now I know different I'm tempted to bin the last two years work.

Sadly, the old tunes don't load in FL Studio.

Gutted.

professor
30-09-2004, 02:24 PM
it took 1year to get beats put together for a live pa?

Evil G
01-10-2004, 01:09 AM
i've experienced the same thing. every track i write sounds better than the last, so as time goes by, instead of accumulating a bigger and bigger pile of techno i can play out, i'm always in a state of having one track i'm happy with, and needing to come up with 10 more.

last time i played my live pa i ended up spending the last 3 weeks before the show frantically remixing all my old tracks because i didn't think they sounded good enough to play in the same set as my newer material. it was a lot of work, drove me bananas, and made me cautious about accepting any more live pa gigs.

but i just plod on in the belief that as i get more experience on the production end, i'll eventually have a more consistent sound and throwing together a live set will be much less painful.

kROKar
02-10-2004, 04:40 PM
last time i played my live pa i ended up spending the last 3 weeks before the show frantically remixing all my old tracks because i didn't think they sounded good enough to play in the same set as my newer material. it was a lot of work, drove me bananas, and made me cautious about accepting any more live pa gigs.

Going through this every time before the gig. Getting mad about this! But at least i get different sound from it every time ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==