PDA

View Full Version : Voidloss: Dark beats for a cloned nation

dirty_bass
30-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Here is a track by one of the LondonTechno Collective who records as Voidloss. I`m helping out with the production side of things.
A Dark, Atmospheric, Experimental Offbeat/Industial Track.

Let us know what you think, any tips etc, so we can go ahead and finish it.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Assembly_Line_Civilisation_by_Voidloss.mp3

Cheers

FILTERZ
01-10-2004, 12:59 AM
nice and broody,i like the atmospherics , some filtering on the main snare/hat pattern would be nice ,but thats probably more personal choice than anything ;)

Lorenzo_Shivu
01-10-2004, 01:34 AM
I like the atmosphere, but I think there's a bit too much bass on the basdrum that starts at the beginning ( I mean the dark/reverb sounding kick) Eq'in will do the job for sure!

John Vella
01-10-2004, 02:06 PM
yea pretty deep spooky stuff...

-j

Adverse
01-10-2004, 03:42 PM
nice. i like voidloss.. keeps getting better and better.

Evil G
01-10-2004, 11:01 PM
the bass sounds really good here. huge but clear. seems like there could be more going on in the mids though.

cheers

dan the acid man
02-10-2004, 02:08 PM
very nice, i love the snare/ percussion pattern in the back ground, there's something not right about the snares that come in at 1.45, maybe they could do with a bit more midrange in there.
I would also personally turn up the hats a little

dirty_bass
02-10-2004, 09:18 PM
ok, we`ll see about getting the mids pushed a bit more.
the hats were originally more upfront and sizzly, but I wanted to pull them back a little into the upper mids more to get a more classic industrial sound.
I`m sure how it will work on a rig, so we`ll do two versions and test at the warehouse I think.
Cheers ;)

Kevin Gorman
03-10-2004, 06:40 PM
deep and breaky, sweet clean bass, gives a nice rumble. drums defintly gives it good ass shakin potential.

Tyrisia
03-10-2004, 10:42 PM
I reckon it drags a bit until the break, but them synths that come in durin the break are xtra special :love: . I like the bass at the start tho, the mids sound a bit weak imho.

Class stuff overall.

detfella
10-10-2004, 03:02 AM
nice builder the sounds & textures are wicked later into the track, with the high rez or feedback. Have you got a large reverb on the kick at the start? not so keen on that bit.

Mindful
18-10-2004, 06:20 AM
this is very sweet indeed just my cup of tea at this time in the morn with no sleep.would start a set with this no probs it takes ages to build and i love that.
It reminds me of a haunted space cruser.COOL!!

j_s
18-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Sounds a bit like Plaid with a dark side to it. Which is very good thing indeed...

Builds a little too slowly for me, but seems appropriate for a track like this...

gary_human
21-10-2004, 12:57 AM
Deep like the sea ;)

Wouldn't play it in a club, but would love to check it out at in an industrial club/night environment (I have yet to go to one).

Quality music though :clap:

Jack
21-10-2004, 01:06 AM
is a bit bassy at start, might be a bit much over big rig. slighty less reverb possibly.
Nice progress build feels more tribally now.
very scary sounding break.
nice blend of happy and scary synth/sample sounds

Nice track

Jimfish
25-10-2004, 07:19 PM
yeah i really like this a lot.

im not sure about the bass thing - its a bit much like it is but is kind of part of the atmosphere.. saying that it might calm down a bit on a rig in mono as so much of it is to the sides in the verb..

Jimfish
25-10-2004, 07:19 PM
oops

dirty_bass
25-10-2004, 07:33 PM
I`m not even sure this is music intended for a soundsystem, but I have played it on a rig, and it sounded how I expected.
Huge slabs of stomach churning bass.
Could possibly be calmed down a little, but I just love seeing people shocked when their chests start to vibrate

dan the acid man
25-10-2004, 07:55 PM
I`m not even sure this is music intended for a soundsystem, but I have played it on a rig, and it sounded how I expected.
Huge slabs of stomach churning bass.
Could possibly be calmed down a little, but I just love seeing people shocked when their chests start to vibrate

:lol: :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==