PDA

View Full Version : Vitalic Synth Sound (like on the pony e.p.) ?

loopdon
30-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi there!

Have been reading and gathering a hell of a lot of info on tech music production here the past few months. This has place helped me so much :love: :love: :love:

Now, i have asked this question on other forums and nobody could help me. I would really love to know more details about the 'Vitalic trademark synth sound', I've heard Max Walder use it too on 'Compressor' .

Is it a special synth/ preset or what? The fx applied to the sound (dist etc.)??? I don't want to steal this sound in any way :nono: but I would simply love to know!

Could anybody by chance throw a little light on the subject please. :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://usb.unitedsb.de/ - United Schranz Board

jesus
30-09-2004, 11:10 PM
cant remember what it sounds like , but probably just a couple of sawwaves distorted and shit.

DJZeMigL
01-10-2004, 04:11 PM
not sure what u want but I guess the trick is the sequence more than the sound in itself.. try oddity VST I by G Media.. throw an arpeggiated seq. and then use some glide/ Slide/ Portamento!

Z

loopdon
01-10-2004, 08:27 PM
ah thanx. i will give that a try ;)

thetonewrecka
01-10-2004, 08:52 PM
There are a bunch of overtones/harmonics in there that stand out because it's so distorted. You can make any synth really sound like this (even monosynth if it has multiple oscillators detuned from each other) and run it into a distortion effect/guitar amp.

Here's a clip from decks-records.de

http://66.98.164.90/sound/sound_v/vitalic_poney.mp3

loopdon
01-10-2004, 10:39 PM
thanx a lot, u lot :clap:

i :love: this place so much...

Debroglie
03-10-2004, 10:48 AM
I think actually it's probably just as someone else said, a few osc's at different octaves with a lot of distortion. But I would start with some strings patches first to re-make it. I don't think it's analog so much cause it sounds quite thin , maybe look at Reaktor cause it has a few synths that can make patches like this quite quickly .

loopdon
03-10-2004, 11:16 AM
nice one

278d7e64a374de26f==