PDA

View Full Version : Dave clarke playing hardcore?

K Front
04-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Ive just borrowed a copyed cd off a mate titled neophyte + dave clarke. I have listened to the first 20 mins and it is propa hardcore. im not too educated with the techno scene but i never thought dave clarke was a hardcore dj.
im not very familiur with neophyte either but i thought it was a dutch hardcore label?

MARKEG
04-04-2003, 12:11 PM
must be a different dave clarke... i really can't imagine dc playing hc!

K Front
04-04-2003, 12:24 PM
i thought that, he must have wrote by mistake or something

daviec
04-04-2003, 07:08 PM
I've got a Dave Clarke remix on an old GBT record. It's a Bill Bunter tune on one side, and the Dave Clarke mix on the other. Stargate I think it's called. :?

But I agree, I can't see Dave Clarke doing a mix with Neophyte.

Esox Lucius
04-04-2003, 09:31 PM
dave clarke used to produce hardcore a loooooong time ago, he used to record under the name "hardcore" one of his most well known tunes was called, i like john.

dc would not play hardcore know though, defo not.

owain_k
05-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Dunno about DC playin with Neophyte ????

True though, have a best of directional force ep by Clarke somewhere with some hardcore stylr tracks on it, think he also used to produce under the moniker of adam & eve....

The Teknoist.
05-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Dave Clarke and Neophyte? nah it isnt him like. Neophytes aweful, made like 1 good tune i reckon....damn im in a bitchy mood 2day.

death on a stick
09-04-2003, 12:46 PM
dc would not play hardcore know though, defo not.
why's that then?

Esox Lucius
09-04-2003, 01:12 PM
just obvious he wouldn`t, there`s no way DC would play hardcore in his sets.

death on a stick
09-04-2003, 02:12 PM
why? doesn't he like it any more? I still like all the styles of music I've been into during my lifetime, and would/do play it at parties. Is it cos he's embarrassed, do you reckon (cos a lot/most of the UK hardcore stuff was pretty silly, now wasn't it?), or just cos he doesn't know how to work it into one of his sets? He manages to squeeze the odd poor electro track in, I'm sure there are a few old hardcore tracks that an old timer could whack in to good effect. How about that old Kaotik Kemistry EP? baby baby baby...all I need in this world is you..............

Paul Zykotik
09-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Dreamfinder works well in a techno set...

Esox Lucius
09-04-2003, 04:52 PM
don`t know if he likes hardcore, i love proper hardcore, not happy sh*te though, but i couldn`t see it going down well with most people if DC started playing hardcore, i don`t particulary want to hear hardcore in a techno set though either, it would ruin it.

MARKEG
09-04-2003, 08:00 PM
no no... that rmx on gbt was not the techno dave clarke. it was someone else.

detfella
09-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Im sure it was him on GBT, I seem to remember reading that GBT thought it was a big deal. Getting a techno chappy to remix a hardcore track (or trancecore)....

daviec
09-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Aye. I'm sure they made a big deal about it in a magazine article. I'll need to look it out, and see if there's any more info on the label.

+ve it was THE Dave Clarke though.

detfella
09-04-2003, 11:58 PM
Yeah i remember that too, i'd have a look in my mags (still got all my eternity,M8,wax magazines) but they're else where.

Mark-I seem to remember an article, in eternity, explaining to me for the first time, the difference between what I thought, at that time, was 'bouncy techno' and what the purists knew it was....[I used to classify the scottish hardcore at that time as bouncy techno]. I think that was one of my first steps towards techno enlightenment! :D

Esox Lucius
10-04-2003, 08:08 AM
first i know of DC remixing a track for GBT!

detfella, yeah everyone used to call stuff like marc smith & scott brown bouncy techno, used to do my head in properly, used to try and tell people what techno really was but they couldn`t accept it! :cry:

Spark
10-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Dave Clarke and Hardcore :shock:

I live in Holland and the hardcore scene is very big.. i like it.. but is it true that DC worked togther with Jeroen Streundig?? (=Neophyte)

Her in Holland ther are a lot of hardcore party's and it's very nice.. always a lot of Techno lovers @ hardcore party's :D Saterday i go to a hardcore party with Dr> Macabre :twisted:

death on a stick
11-04-2003, 09:51 AM
are we getting our hardcores mixed up here? I think the hardcore DC used to be involved in is more commonly known as UK Hardcore as exemplified by acts such as 2Bad Mice, Criminal Minds etc...not hardcore techno aka gabber.

non?[/i]

Esox Lucius
11-04-2003, 10:29 AM
no, i`m not getting it mixed up, as you say the hardcore DC was involved in was early uk hardcore, not the dutch sound.

death on a stick
11-04-2003, 11:02 AM
no, i`m not getting it mixed up, as you say the hardcore DC was involved in was early uk hardcore, not the dutch sound.
I was thinking more of the peeps citing the dutch hardcore scene, not you.

K Front
11-04-2003, 11:21 AM
I live in Holland and the hardcore scene is very big.. i like it.. but is it true that DC worked togther with Jeroen Streundig?? (=Neophyte)

This is what my mate said when i asked him, he said its defo DC and neophyte, but hes not really into techno so im not taking his word for it. I think you ppl will know more than him..

Esox Lucius
11-04-2003, 11:43 AM
I was thinking more of the peeps citing the dutch hardcore scene, not you.

ahhh i see, fair enough.

zaalmoetlos
11-04-2003, 09:21 PM
let him play hardcore then atleast i don't have to listen to someone with his fingers stuk to the crossfader and the fx of the pioneer (for me techno is a sort of a mantra and he keeps on pulling me from the trip with his playing with crossfader and fx)

278d7e64a374de26f==