PDA

View Full Version : audio clips

miromiric.
04-04-2003, 12:51 PM
when i cut and paste loops i always get those nasty clips on beginning of each loop. how do i get rid of them?

Basil Rush
04-04-2003, 01:02 PM
Zoom in more when you cut and make sure you cut at a point where the wave crosses the 0 line. Preferably heading in an upward direction if it's a bit transient coming up. Usually is.

Failing that some generous use of a crossfade tool can sort you out.

Adverse
04-04-2003, 01:13 PM
perfect example of why this forum rules... that was sorted in like 10 minutes

cheers basil (AGAIN)

miromiric.
04-04-2003, 01:19 PM
cool basil that helped me and saved my naked butt!
u re the dood!

DJZeMig_L
04-04-2003, 01:48 PM
Most Audio editors have this option...

Use 0 crossing.

or Snap 2 zero crossing.. etc...

To make sure it's activated ... zoom a little in the wave, make a selection starting and ending on a positive/ negative portion of the wave. If when u release the mouse u see the selection move the start and end 2 the nearest place where the wave crossed the baseline (0 db - silence) then it means it's activated....

This is perfect 4 mono waves but if u have a stereo wave, it might not work as perfect, why? Because the editor takes as reference the left or the right, thus the left might b in it's zero crossing but not the right...

Work around .... like basil said, do a fair big zoom in (after a certain zoom the snap 2 zero crossing stops working)... now on the very last portion of the wave do a fade out... the same 4 the start but with a zoom in... mind u that u r afecting only a few millisamples so u really won't notice the fades, but U'll notice no more nasty clicks!!

Z

miromiric.
04-04-2003, 02:10 PM
i cut it off using cubase`s fit to grid so its exactly on millisecond. and this crossfade did the trick.

Basil Rush
04-04-2003, 03:58 PM
Yeah, I'd be careful about using the fade trick at the beginning tho if it's anything percussive as you'll lose a bit of the impact best off doing a major zoom in and hitting the exact beginning of whatever you are after, fade at the end is fine tho.

DJZeMig_L
08-04-2003, 12:42 PM
basil Absolutly right.. Maybe it wasn't clear on my inicial post so...

On Mono clips, the snap 2 zero crossing solves all probs...

But on Stereo things r slightly more tricky... if u use fade in (only if needed) make sure u do it with a huge zoom in .. i.e. u only aply it 2 a very very small number of millisamples (AND ONLY 2 THE SIDE THAT ISN'T STARTING FROM 0 db... the side used as reference, just let it b, as the snap 2 zero crossed already made sure u selected a 0 db position)!!

SOrry if it wasn't clear enought, I'm not English and I write bad as hell :(

Thankz 4 the heads Up! :wink:

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==