PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo relaunch!

Frank Dogshit
04-10-2004, 12:47 PM
absolutely brilliant! the voodoo vibe was still there!loads of old faces from the le bateau days giving it some plus a load of new faces too. i knew beforehand there would be a good crowd in there but jesus....everyone seemed to turn out last night,it was rammed from the start right up until GVs encore. Made for a really superb atmosphere.
got there about 1030,caught up with mates and had a little dance to bren who seemed to be doin a nice job fillin the dancefloor until ye olde faithful steve sheils came on....and that guy didnt dissapointed. hadnt seen him for years djing but he was bang on form last night some proper filthy tribal shit....hearing that beyer/lenk/tiga track for the 1st time on a decent system was shit hot. good lad steve! Took a break for a while then cos it was gettin seriously sweaty on that dancefloor but what i heard of Tfunkshun Scott Mcgill sounded pretty tasty...nice n tribal.

Then it was the guests turn Cajmere, to step up for a couple of hours and he didnt dissapoint. Just pure funk,mixed well and he had the crowd pretty much were he wanted them. Swerving between some of his older stuff and newer tracks it really did seem fitting having him at the relaunch,that guy is voodoo!! The night finished with cajmeres live rendition of genedefect was great,good way to finish things off and leave everyone lookin forward to the halloween party!! Youd be a fool to miss speedy j in there,its seriously gonna be the nuts!! :clap:

Esox Lucius
04-10-2004, 12:50 PM
thought you werent going dan? you decide to go in the end did ya?

Frank Dogshit
04-10-2004, 12:58 PM
yeah....the opportunity to catch eddie and green velvet in action was to much for me.

you comin speedy j lad?

jon connor
04-10-2004, 01:01 PM
NOW THAT IS A BIT OF GOOD NEWS, I SAW SOME GREAT TECHNO ARTISTS THERE IN THE OLD DAYS, + ALSO SOME CLASS GREEN VELVET P,A`S I THINK IVE GOT AN OLD TAPE LYING ROUND SOMWHERE!

"RESPECT TO THE VOODO PEOPLE!" :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Esox Lucius
04-10-2004, 01:02 PM
yeah....the opportunity to catch eddie and green velvet in action was to much for me.

you comin speedy j lad?

yeah i think i will be going, one of my mates is defo going so i will probably go along.

fitipaldi
04-10-2004, 01:27 PM

he didn't, he was doggin round skem. He's just making it all up, runaway imagination that lad.

Bugger
04-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks to everyone who came and made it a very, very special nights for us. After 8 weeks work it was a great relief to see it so busy.

It's clear from Saturday the Voodoo crowd is still as mental and up for it as they ever were, it's gonna seriously go off in there on Oct 30th.

Tell your children the beast is back!

p.s. special thanks to Mr Nocturne who only found out at 10pm that he warming up for Velvet downstairs! Good job!

Voodoo out x

Stella Boy
04-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Sounds like I missed quality night. I'll try and make sure I dont to miss the next one though. :cool:

djfurness
06-10-2004, 10:58 AM
everythin danny said times 2....
green velvet blew me away.....ive been waitin to see him for years after him not turnin up about 5 times....and he was well worth it.....some of the tunes he played were seriously twisted....and when he sang la la land.....well.....special isnt the word....
i was in 2 minds whether voodoo would be able to retain that special atmosphere....
it did.....absolutely BRILLIANT night....and the after party in mine werent too bad neither :neutral:

eyes without a face
06-10-2004, 11:47 AM
il echo that rich lad, the atmosphere when he got on the mic was nothing short of electric! a proper "everyone looking at each other and smiling" moment to say the least

good to finally meet u too lad, im sure we've been in so many clubs and just never met hahaha, Subsonica in November shud rock too dude!

Frank Dogshit
06-10-2004, 12:41 PM

he didn't, he was doggin round skem. He's just making it all up, runaway imagination that lad.

my dogging activities are no business of yours!! :nono:

i was amused the other week when you thought the term 'dogging' actually meant interfering with the canine variety!whatever floats your boat though eh chris! :neutral:

fitipaldi
06-10-2004, 02:21 PM
i don't think that was me, i was doggin when collymore was scrubbin boots ;)

Esox Lucius
06-10-2004, 03:26 PM
i don't think that was me, i was doggin once and stan collymore liked my anus ring ;)

278d7e64a374de26f==