PDA

View Full Version : Alex Calver

Mucky Beats
05-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Fair Play is it just me or is this guy got more tunes out than any other dj at the moment?
And there all quite good... :clap:
My box is full of his tunes and that new shroom 1 i got today is wicked !
what do you lot reckon on his style.....?
I realise most are on the nrg techno tip so this maybe aint the forum for it. :doh:
but i'm a dj who plays TECHNO of the fast banging style and i'm droping his stuff in most sets! :cool:

AcidTrash
06-10-2004, 06:34 AM
the dud'es wicked. some of his vocal samples are a bit naff but arrangement and style are spot on.. knows how to make the best of glitches and effects.

darkmockeray
06-10-2004, 12:12 PM
YEP LIKIN HIS STUFF ALOT - I THINK THAT HE HAS BEEN INFLUECED ALOT BY D.A.V.E 'S SOUND - WHICH AINT A BAD THING - THE MORE THE MERRIER AS I SAY........

Mucky Beats
06-10-2004, 12:50 PM
yeh some of the vocals are a little silly ... but most give the tunes a nice sound...

yeh i deffo reckon its on the D.A.V.E tip.... and like you say thats a wicked tip to be on!!!!!

DJMAYA
07-10-2004, 06:15 AM
yup i like his stuff, first thing i heard of him was on Hydraulix but i have the Glitch stuff now and some others...all solid and rolling.

Dj Swannie
07-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Im really liking his stuff too, Ive been buying lables that i havent bought for years such as Tripoli Traxx & Nukleuz which have had Alex calver tunes / rmx's on. He has got a few hard dance / hard house elements to alot of his tracks but i like that in a way. I cant wait to hear him play @ Atmosphere at the Grove in Seaton next month :twisted:

Louk
07-10-2004, 11:16 AM
****IN ACE!!! Definitely one of teh leading boys at the mo for bangin out the belters - cant wait to see him play on friday heard one of his mixes already

Louk

mr burns
07-10-2004, 04:54 PM
you can catch him playin @ skankadelic 2moro, 8th oct @ subway city birmingham, along with chris liberator b2b mark eg, and many more, infos in the techno promotion section

DJ Corbzy
07-10-2004, 05:01 PM
I don't mind his stuff, he really has blown up a lot recently.

For me one of his best was his remix of Fake In It...

Hopefully he'll be pretty good at Atmosphere!!

Mucky Beats
07-10-2004, 05:13 PM
:lol: Good to see i'm not alone in thinking this guy rocks!
Like some of you have said i have found myself buying the likes of nukleuz... witch i would not think was something i would do ! but this kinda ...um...duno i guess if you would like to call it cross over music, has got me looking at those hard dance/nrg labels!!!!
That skankadelic line up looks wicked!!!
:clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==