PDA

View Full Version : cubase problem

VOMATRON
05-10-2004, 10:25 PM
dont know if anyone else experienced this, but my cubase acts weird on certain occasions...sounds can drastically change, even by something as simple as savin a document...this is very frustrating, even saving presets doestn work...next time i open it it can be something entirely diffrent.
anyone have an idea why it happens? i had a notion a few times that it might be some midi signals from external instruments that interferes with the whole thing, but im not sure about it now. any help would be very much appreciated

messyfuture
05-10-2004, 10:32 PM
what other equiptment are you using in your setup?

i have midi freaks all the time which messes things up

VOMATRON
05-10-2004, 10:37 PM
i have a dx7 currently using it as a controller....but even when its turned off it messes up...for example: ive been messing with a bass sound for HOURS now(with a VST called discodsp...but that doesnt matter, it does the same with all), and i finally got it as close to "right" as possible...then i save my song...play it again, and its changed entirely...not the settings itself, i mean all knobs, levels etc. are unchanged in their position, but the sound just changes out of the blue

i cant get anything steady done here :(

might add that im usin cubase rewired with reason...dunno if this has something to say.

VOMATRON
06-10-2004, 02:15 AM
one step closer here...i found out that its when i save it while the song is playing it does this. is it a bug, or something else seriously wrong here?

auditory hallucinations
07-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Hey...

What version of Cubase are you using? I used to use SX but got so hacked off with stuff like this happening I changed over to Ableton, which is 100% more stable (so far).

As for saving it when the track is playing, Ctrl+S should do it no probs and not affect the output. Is it a cracked or legit copy? Might have something to do with it, dunno.

My advice would be to download the demo of Live from Ableton's website - you won't look back :lol:

zaalmoetlos
07-10-2004, 03:34 PM
you can also try saving under different names so u can always go back to one that hasn't changed the sound

DJZeMigL
07-10-2004, 04:44 PM
might b the windows play some sort of confirmation or error sound and if u have yer soundcard's clock 2 auto (like on the rme's cards) it can sync 2 a different rate that yer project and yer sound gets all mangled in a bad way!

I had this happen 2 me several times till I just killed all sound messages in Windows!

But sounds like a bad copy of cubase!

Z

VOMATRON
07-10-2004, 10:21 PM
thanks for the replys guys

auditory hallucinations:

im using vst32, vers. 5.something. i had the same thing with SX, it was terrible...i messed with it for weeks and nothin changed to the better. but as for ableton... is more of a performance program than for production, no? havnt tried the new one

zaal:

i tried that, but when i go back through the diffrent documents, its the same, its like it makes some registry modification or so

zeMig:

thanks for goin technical, can always count on you :) didnt understand about the sound messages thoguh, but i have a soundcard that cant allow multiple tasks. well ill try what you meantioned still

and@all: yes its not a legal copy :/

auditory hallucinations
08-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Is it more of a performance tool than a production one? I'd say it's a fantastic production tool that would be ultra-stable as a performance one too.

The included plug-ins have impressed me far more than the native Cubase ones, but that's of coure personal preference.

But just for the sheer ease that you can f*ck around with loops, the fact that everything is automatically timestretched & it's got midi implementation (although not as advanced as Cubase, but it does the job)

Check it out - you've nothing to lose, the demo is free - it's basically the full version but you can't save it: www.ableton.com

Kinda just puts the fun back in it...

DJZeMigL
08-10-2004, 05:15 PM
yeah ableton is very fun 2 use and u can now do very crazy sh*t with it since it also includes Midi sequencing... I gather that in 2-3 upgrades it will b as complicated as SX though lol...

Ableton has amazed me with the sample offset thingy for the envelopes absolutly stunning!! :)
2 me the biggest feat.!
Z

auditory hallucinations
08-10-2004, 05:25 PM
"Ableton has amazed me with the sample offset thingy for the envelopes absolutly stunning!!"

Geez I haven't even come across that yet! Will get messing with me envelopes tonight, cheers! :lol:

DJZeMigL
08-10-2004, 08:16 PM
check back with me if u have any Q.. the envelopes combined with sample offset is propper bo' I tell thee!

Z

VOMATRON
08-10-2004, 09:50 PM
it sounds interesting, i will check it out soon then ! is there any rewire options in it? ah nevermind ill find out

DJZeMigL
09-10-2004, 11:06 AM
ohhhh yeahh there is!

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==