PDA

View Full Version : Korg Electribe ES-1 - FX & Midi functions

j_s
07-10-2004, 04:40 PM
I'm thinking of trying to get enough gear together to do a fairly basic live PA & the ES-1 seems like a fairly good option in terms of a versative, low budget sampler. However, I'd quite like to try and control everything I buy using Ableton Live, as this seems perfect for sequencing stuff live - Is it possible to trigger each sample stored on the Electribe using Ableton via midi?

I'd also like to know what the FX implementation is like, as one of the reasons I want to branch out into hardware is to take the processing strain off the computer I'll probably be using - The ES-1 sounds like it's got a fair few built in FX - but is it possible to insert multiple instances of each effect onto different samples? For example, would I be able to have a hi-hat sample with reverb & delay running at the same time as a bongo sample with a different verb & delay setting?

If anyone has one of these units & can answer these questions, I'd be grateful. Also, if anyone else knows of any similar machines that are capable of what I'm asking & are available for a similar price, Please let me know...

Cheers

DJZeMigL
07-10-2004, 08:45 PM
the only similar machine I can think of is the Akai MPC1000 (which 2 me seems the best option from the range considering it's price).

should b perfectly possible 2 use ableton 2 control yer machines and even use midi Keyboard 2 trigger sequences etc... (or yer PC/MC keyboard for that matter)...

Z

j_s
09-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks.

I have looked at the MPC1000, but it was lacking in FX compared to the electribe. Also the es-1 is alot more affordable, maybe when I've a bit more cash I'll invest in an akai - they do look tempting...

278d7e64a374de26f==